• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

*Tag* You're it V2 (Begone Foul Spirit! Plague this thread no longer!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *Tag* You're it V2

@Zeb; what's your favorite Pokemon when it comes to competitive Pokemon battles?

Hmmm. I haven't battled in ages but, when I did play, Breloom was always great and fun to use!
@Iteru; Spring or autumn?

@Hidden Mew; what's your favourite thing about dogs?

My favorite thing about dogs would have to be the amount of love and loyalty that they can give to help people and make them happier. They're just full of love. I have so many memories of my dogs being so excited whenever someone came home and giving me licks whenever I felt sad, even when they were in so much pain, so that definitely helps me like the love and loyalty in dogs even more.

@Iteru; What are your favorite and least favorite parts to Digimon Xros Wars?
@Karamazov; What is your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! series?
@Human; Have you seen the Bonds Beyond Times movie and if you have, did you enjoy it?

@Iteru; What are your favorite and least favorite parts to Digimon Xros Wars?

I have a lot of favourites, but I'll try to narrow it down to the battle against Tactimon. My least favourite would be Young Hunters. That was just bad all round.
@Mako; non-alcoholic beer or non-alcoholic wine?

@Human; Have you seen the Bonds Beyond Times movie and if you have, did you enjoy it?

Yes I have! I have seen it again last week too. I did enjoy it, despite its flaws.

I remember the days back then when I was extremely excited to see the three Yu-Gi-Oh! main protagonists meet each other and duel together to beat Paradox. The huge amount of potential that was in front of my eyes made me really look forward to it. Did it live up to my expectations? Unfortunately, it didn't. The characters felt flat, the story was contrived and unoriginal(it copied around half of the plot of Yliaster!), I somehow felt that the movie wasn't engaging enough and it lacked sense. The duel against Paradox was almost perfect for what it was, though. The main problem I have with the movie is the waste of potential. It was more like a two-part special rather than an actual movie. When I think of a movie, I think of an entertaining medium that lasts at least around 90 minutes long. What I saw instead was a 50 minute long movie that needed another 40 minutes to focus on fleshing out its characters, explain parts that would inevitably puzzle the audience, fix the plot holes it caused and help on making the audience care more of what's happening.

I was really bothered by how Yusei was able to manage to travel back in time to get his Stardust Dragon back with the Crimson Dragon. It left a bad taste in my mouth because it made me question why Yusei never used this power to fix the many mistakes and tragedies that happened in Neo Domino city and how such an ability came out of nowhere. When I first saw the scene of when Yusei dreamt of when he was a baby being evacuated from the Momentum lab by his father, I thought that it was going to lead to something interesting and compelling to see for Yusei to personally go through. With the power to be able to time travel, we could have seen him question whether or not it would have been a good idea to go back in time and never let the explosion of Momentum ever happen, where he would lose all the friendships he made never meeting Jack, Crow, Aki, Lua, Luca and all his other friends. We could have seen that happen since it was the perfect opportunity to lead to extremely good entertainment and development for Yusei, but it didn't happen when it should have. It was even sort of foreshadowed with the dream he had. Without the opportunity I mentioned, the scene is pointless standing by itself. I also think that he should have lost his duel against Paradox, and then lost his Stardust Dragon to him to make it more satisfying when he beat him later on in the movie. Actually, I think that all of the three protagonists should have lost to Paradox and then beat him to add more tension to successfully make Paradox look like their biggest threat.

Honestly, I felt that Judai was shafted and didn't do much to contribute to the plot. He just felt "there" getting the least attention out of the three. What would have helped is if we saw him losing to Paradox at the Duel Academy, since Paradox destroying instead of what appeared to be Venice would have actually affected Judai's character due to the loss. And well, like Yusei, that didn't happen, so more potential for entertainment to build Paradox as an extremely big threat and fleshing the characters out was lost. His 2 spirits and that cat whose name I keep on forgetting oddly felt like statues that were just "there". I know that they weren't meant to be substantial to the plot, so them not affecting didn't bother me. What did bother me though was that they weren't entertaining. They made no jokes for them to do to lighten up the mood, translate the tension, affect the plot and anything like that. Remove them, and literally nothing would have been lost. The movie would have actually been better because they wouldn't have had their share of pointless dialogue.

The same could be said to an extent to Yugi as well, who despite having lost his grandpa due to the buildings that fell on him, didn't feel nor compelling, nor interesting or even engaging. If he later duelled Paradox and actually lost the duel to see him fail at avenging his grandpa's death to affect his character, make me feel for him, wish for him to beat Paradox for the threat he is, then I would've have been satisfied and really glad. The moral of the movie of relying on your friend's bonds would have left a bigger impact on me as well. Speaking of those buildings that fell, I felt bothered by how Yugi managed to survive! They could have easily fixed that by making his Millenium Puzzle protect him or something. I didn't feel as bothered this time as opposed to the time when Divine got hit by Carly's EarthBound God, fell while the hotel was falling on him and survived. But that's another topic.

So yeah, if they all lost to him, got their characters affected, and then beat him the way the duel went, then I would have thought that the duel was perfect. But it wasn't, which again makes me displeased inside due to the lost potential. I'm sure that if it lasted another 40 minutes and the things I listed happened, it would have become one of the best anime movies ever made. Instead we got a two-part special that used half of its potential. I expected more from the writers, maybe so much that it clouded my judgement. Still, my points stand. It's a shame that us fans got half of what we desired when we could have gotten all we wanted if more time and effort was given to the movie. Ten year anniversary special? Didn't feel like that, sorry. Despite the lost potential, I still enjoyed it and would have enjoyed it twice as much if only said potential was used.

Now I'm going to tag you and ask what you personally thought of the movie and my opinion of it. @Hidden Mew; You too @FinalArcadia;

Now I'm going to tag you and ask what you personally thought of the movie and my opinion of it. You too @FinalArcadia;
I agree with a lot of what you said about the movie, especially about Judai. He's my favorite of the protagonists, so I was really disappointed that he felt just sort-of there just for the sake of being there. Whereas Yusei and Yugi got some other characters from their respective series to interact with, Judai really could've benefit from having somebody like Sho or Manjoume with him, even if only for a little bit, rather than being stuck with Yubel, Pharoah, and that teacher (I know his name starts with a "D," but I can't remember either ^^;).

Also, I realize that the movie actually falls into the 5D's timeline somewhere, but I would've liked for the level of importance to be more even between the three protagonists, since it felt pretty much like Yusei taking the lead with Judai and Yugi playing back-up for him.

The plot didn't really do much for me. I mean, it was an entertaining movie and visually looked nice, but it didn't really do a great job of showcasing the best aspects of the franchise as a whole, mainly because it had a "been there, done that" feel, and also because it didn't utilize enough characters from each series. I also didn't really like Paradox, as a character or a villain or anything.

To be honest, as far as a big Yu-Gi-Oh! movie goes, I would've rather seen a big duel-off between those three, not them teaming up together. Even if it would've just ended in a tie or something, that would've been more satisfying.

@Hitomi
Have you watched the Supernatural anime, and if so, did you like it?

Now I'm going to tag you and ask what you personally thought of the movie and my opinion of it. @Hidden Mew; You too @FinalArcadia;

Personally, I love the movie. It did feel more like a good extended episode of 5D's more so than a movie, but I was okay with that. Considering that 5D's was the current series at that time, it made sense that they would go for something like that for an anniversary special. I didn't mind the Crimson Dragon suddenly being able to time travel. It was kind of weird, but considering that it's a god and its marks can appear and disappear on people, I could suspend my disbelief to go along with time traveling. To be fair, Yusei probably already knew that if he messed around with the past too much, he might not have all of his friends since Crow's speech to him during his match with Rudger kind of mentioned that and at the time, Yusei's time was crumbling to pieces, so there wasn't much time for him to consider what else he could do with time traveling anyway.

I remember Judai being pretty helpful during the duel and showcasing a lot of skill there, so I didn't think that he, or Yugi for that matter, were just there. Yusei got more focus, but that went with how he was probably more familiar with the kids watching the anime and being set during 5D's. I definitely think that it could have benefited from a longer running time, although movies being under an hour long isn't that uncommon in Japan I think, so that the duel against Paradox would be longer, there would be more interactions between the lead characters and we could see some of the other characters from DM and GX either shortly after the duel or during the credits. Even then, I loved the movie. The story was engaging, the animation was pretty solid, it was cool to see the main leads interact with each other, even if it was short due to the run time, and I thought it was a great way to celebrate the tenth anniversary. It was certainly worlds better than what Pokemon got for its tenth anniversary. It could have been handled better with another thirty or forty minutes, but for what we got, I thought it was a wonderfully satisfying movie.

FinalArcadia said:
To be honest, as far as a big Yu-Gi-Oh! movie goes, I would've rather seen a big duel-off between those three, not them teaming up together. Even if it would've just ended in a tie or something, that would've been more satisfying.

While something like that would be cool to see, I always liked the idea of a three-way match between Kaiba, Kaiser and Jack more, if only because they tend to have cooler looking monsters than the protagonists and seeing different dragons clash with each other would be just so awesome.

Oops, I forgot about tagging someone.
@FinalArcadia; What are your expectations/hopes for Zexal II?

Last edited:

@FinalArcadia; What are your expectations/hopes for Zexal II?
For Zexal II, I have many hopes and expectations. ^^

I hope to see Rio live up to her hype, and truly be a strong duelist with an awesome deck. And I'd like to see her and Shark interact in an interesting way. I also really, REALLY hope to see the Arclights again. The way they left in episode 72 has me a bit nervous about this, but I feel like they were connected enough to everyone (Mihael - Yuma, Thomas - Rio and Ryoga, Chris - Kaito, Byron - Kazuma) that they could continue appearing.

I expect to finally get some more information about Kazuma (and possibly Mirai, but I won't hold my breath on that one), and I'd like for the Barian World people to actually have a decent motivation and not be generic villains.

Really, I just hope for things to stay as entertaining as they were for me in the original Zexal. XD

@Joltik
What do you think is the best aspect of Gravity Falls?

Sure would.

@Goose MacGriddle How is your training for the 2016 Olympics going?

At this rate, since I've yet to actually step on the range, I might reconsider for swimming instead. T'is all good tho. :thumbup:

@Zenax, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck dead bodies after a giant genocide involving bunnies and radioactive radios?

@Mijzelffan; how is your raising Bulba kids going? Doing well?

Yeah pretty well, Croag is doing well with her studying, Neosquid has reached #2 on the UU smogon ladder recently, Kyumorph is very helpful and has done a good job at informing me about the denpamen which I'm planning to buy, Ebail just had his bulbaversary and got a lot of likes for mass-mentioning everyone, and I don't really know what Atomic is doing but I'm sure it's awesome. Pkmngreen I disowned, but he's not doing well anyway.

@Greece; who is your favourite KI:U character?

@Hunter Blade; what's your favourite tv show?

@double trouble!; who is your favourite team rocket member?

there's a supernatural anime

what

i am clearly out of several loops on several things

ummm

@Midorikawa; What was the first anime you ever watched?

Umm. I'm not entirely sure since my memory is fuzzy but it would probably be either Pokemon, Inuyasha, or Dragon Ball Z.

@Belarus.; If III got a really bad disease like Huntington's and he asked you to euthanize him, would you?
@cRussian; The same as Belarus just with Russia in place of III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom