• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Teebs Drabble Thread

a new batch hehe
  • For this one I wanted to try writing from the perspective of Pokemon. Remember that pokeani episode where it was that island of Pokemon and they talked and they had subtitles? Yeah, like that!

Battle
    "Gah. Today was a good day of training." Scizor thought to itself, looking upwards at the blue leaden sky that spring brought. Just outside Bugsy's house, he was allowed to roam free and chill out. He needed the time to cool his steel off, anyhow.

"Oh, hello there!" Milty, Whitney's Miltank, had appeared from around the corner. Whitney and Bugsy were training their Pokémon together, namely their two aces. Once the fighting was over though, the two were just friendly with one another. They spoke to each other, in the way two Pokémon were naturally able to.

"Hello Milty." Scizor gave a smile to the waddling cow. "Your Fire Punch has been getting even stronger."

Milty posed, playfully flexing one of its arms. "Yup! Practice makes perfect. But you would know about that, given your Bullet Punches, right?"

If Scizor could blush in a way that would show up on its crimson red exterior, it would. "Flattery is appreciated, but it won't help you win the next battle. Remember, I was the victor this time."

Milty let out a bleating moo. "Aw, you gotta remember to have fun with it sometimes! I wouldn't Rollout nearly as fast if the battle was all work and no play for me."

Scizor gave it some thought, raising a claw up to his head. "Perhaps you're right. I'll keep that in mind. Fun."

"No, you are!"

"Nuh uh, you are!"

There was a commotion the two Pokémon could hear by an open screen door. Scizor was concerned, and began to flap its wings and hover over to check it out. Meanwhile, Milty, who knew better, took it nice and slow.

"Huh?" Scizor thought to itself, before realizing what it was looking at.

Whitney and Bugsy were holding each other's hands, sitting on his couch, and leaning back and forth against each other, swaying to and thro like a pendulum. Whenever one spoke, they leaned forward, and the other leaned back.

"You're cuter!" Whitney yelped.

"No, you are!" Bugsy responded.

They repeated this back and forth for a small little while.

"It looks like they're having their own sort of battle." Milty answered, giving off a sense of sarcasm that wasn't at all common in Pokémon speak.

"I hope my trainer wins." Scizor pondered.

Almost as if one cue with that thought, Whitney threw herself into Bugsy, pouncing onto him with hugs and kisses. They were sent into a flurry of giggles.

If Scizor could sigh, it would have. Human battles make no sense to him.

two more posts!
  • This one is REALLY goofy; basically one day i kept looking for reference for ship art for bugsy and whitney and in all of them the guy was taller!!! what the heck!!! so i "vented" by writing this silly thing.

Whitney's Dream

“Ahhhh~.” Whitney yawned as she stretched her arms up on the rock she was sitting on. “Bugsy should be here any minute now~. Ugh, I can’t wait!”

The two had arranged for yet another date, this time on the rocky, breezy coast of Cianwood City. They picked this location because… Whitney can’t remember, actually.

“Heya Whit!”

She instantly jumped up from the rock and turned around when she heard his voice. “Buga…boo?”

Whitney turned around and saw Bugsy, alright. Except this time she had to look up.

“Honeycomb… everything okay?”

Whitney blinked. It sounded like Bugsy. Except maybe a tad deeper. But he was taller. Like, way taller. Normally Bugsy’s head would rest right at her chest level (much to her delight), but now, that’s where Whitney was. She remembered earlier playing with her Miltank; she was the same height as usual. So Whitney doesn’t think she shrunk, just that Bugsy got taller. Much more tall. We’re talking “He’s giving Morty a run for his money” level of tall, and Morty was just about the tallest guy she knew. Except maybe for Lance, but that could just be his hai-

“Whitney?”

Bugsy tried to get her attention by holding onto her shoulders. This snapped Whitney out of her height-measuring stupor. She gazed back at him again. He still had a pretty boyish face, but now his jaw was just a bit more defined. His neck just a bit thicker. But his grip was so much more firm! She could’ve melted…

“H-hey handsome~.” Whitney giggled. This was a fresh change of pace for her, and while she wasn’t sure WHAT was going on, she didn’t entirely mind this, either. She remembers sometimes she’d see some of her Gym Trainers with their boyfriends, either of the same height, or taller. They’d do cute things, like easily rub cheeks together, or lean into their boyfriends’ chests. She couldn’t do that with Bugsy. And she didn’t really MIND it at all, but now…

“I know you love me Whitney, but try not to lose your head in the clouds.”

“I could say the same thing of you, tall drink of water~.” Whitney giggled, twirling one of her twintails around in her fingers. Bugsy just blushed, and began to trek down the trail. Whitney blinked. He’s right though; she isn’t quite acting like herself. Does the height really change the dynamic?

“Are you coming?” He turned around, a few paces ahead of her, calling for her attention.

Whitney snapped out of it to jog ahead to her usual boyfriend, who was now mysteriously several heads taller than before.

Before she knew it, the two were sitting on a different rock, a much wider, flatter one that fit them well. She was cradled up by him, with his legs spread apart so she could nest in between them. She gazed back at him, seeing his purple hair sway from the breeze. He still wore the same outfit; green hiking top, green hiking shorts, the boots, the almost-knee-high socks. And it looked weird on him. She blinked. Looking at his face, she couldn’t help but notice that the hair was the same, but the look on his face wasn’t. He seemed to beam more of… not confidence. Almost cockiness. It was rather unlike Bugsy.

Then he hugged her. Oh my Arceus, he hugged her.

Whitney felt a warmth surge through her body. Both of her blush, and also from him. His arms, his torso, were just more muscular than what she was used to. And they protected her from the chilly breeze of the Cianwood City sea that much better. She really could melt right here. She swooned, pressing her head against Bugsy’s torso. It wasn’t soft; it was firm. Maybe this really isn’t her Bugsy, but it is a Bugsy all the same. Maybe that’s good enough.

“Bugaboo?” She asked, looking up at him. He had to bend over a bit to see her from where he was.

“Yeah, honeycomb?”

“I love you.” Whitney reached a hand up to stroke at his cheek, feeling the rigidness of his jawline.

“And I BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!”

Whitney recoiled. She felt something hard hit her head.

“BWAUGH!”

She woke up, shaking her head. Sun was shining into her room, and a painful welt was forming on the top of her scalp. She grabbed what fell onto her. It was her alarm clock. She was in bed, swaddled up in blankets after leaving the window open. She let out a relieved sigh. It was just a dream.

Wait. She checked the alarm. 8:30 AM.

“Crap! The Pokeathelon starts in 45 minutes!” Whitney began to get ready, and in a blazing quick whole of 7 minutes (she timed herself), she got tidy, brushed her teeth and did her hair. She was just about to run out the door, before she bumped into something just moments outside of her front door. She recoiled, feeling the pressure on her chest, before rubbing it off and seeing who it was, and gasping happily.

“Bugaboo!”

He fell onto his butt from the sudden collision. He groaned, but otherwise was okay.

“Practicing your Barry impression today, Whit? You were running late so I thought I’d-”

Bugsy’s sentence was cut off by Whitney hugging him warmly. She pressed him into her body, with her arms wrapped around him, holding him closely like a girl would their favorite oversized plush. The sudden tender affection made Bugsy blush a scarlet across his face. Soon, Whitney would pull him back so she could bend forward and kiss his lips. This made the walking Bug-Type encyclopedia blush even further.

“Mmm. So glad to see you like this.” Whitney smiled, her eyes in a sincere, half-lidded look.

“Y-you too…w-wait, like this? What do you…mean?” Bugsy asked quizically.

“Hehe, let’s just say I had a bit of a funny dream. I’ll tell ya later, let’s head over to the ‘athelon!”

The two scurried for the busy Sunday they had planned today. As they jogged to warm their bodies up, Whitney looked at Bugsy. Down, this time. And she thought to herself, no, it really is better this way.

boop
  • This one is a little more emotional for me, and I sort of have it as a companion to the previous entry.

Thanking
    “Hey Falkner, I’m glad you could make the time for me.” Bugsy sighed, having strolled with his blue-haired buddy in Route 33.

“It is no hassle to me.” Falkner added, both of them having some free time at the moment. “What ails you?”

Bugsy slumped a bit. He wasn’t sure how much Falkner would get it given his preferences, but…

“Whitney. She’s been in my head constantly.”

Falkner rolled his eyes; not out of annoyance, but almost in way that reeked of “I totally knew it”. He casually let his back rest against a tree, and nodded. “I see. Go on.” Falkner didn’t have a taste for women, but he’d try his best to help his good pal.

“She’s…” Bugsy scratched at his temple as he tried to find the word. “How do I say this? She’s… great. Perfect, even. We haven’t even fought and we’ve been together for a couple of months. Whenever we hang, she’s so happy and always smiling, a-and it’s infectious, you know, s-so I can’t help but smile.”

Falkner nodded. Having mentored both Whitney and Bugsy in the art of Gym Leading, it was a little amusing to him that they’d end up being lovers. Especially lovers as glued to each other as they were, but he figured that Whitney would cling onto anyone like static if given the chance.

“So what’s the issue, then?” Falkner added.

“I-...I want to repay her, somehow.”

Falkner scoffed. “You know love isn’t a transaction, right?”

Bugsy shook his head. “N-not like that! I mean, really, I… She’s changed my life, you know. A-and to have someone be that kind, that nice to me… I don’t want to be just a taker and not a giver.”

Falkner knew Bugsy’s altruism quite well. It was the reason why he recommended him to the League. But he felt oddly puzzled by the mindset of The Walking Bug-Type Encyclopedia.

“What makes you think you’re not a giver?”

“Because she’s sort of still… the same?” Bugsy sighed. “She’s still Whitney. But I feel different. My days go by differently, but she’s the same, you know, jumping, laughing, running gal. Gosh, I love her so much. You know the other day she literally vaulted over a planter when I was visiting her in Goldenrod? It looked like she was just practicing on the Pokeathelon just for m-”

“Don’t get distracted.” Falkner’s eyebrow twitched a bit. As much as he did support the two, the overly saccharine stories of their relationship got on his nerves just a tad.

“R-right. I meant to say, she’s… really, really changed me. For the better. I mean, before her, all I would do is study, and do Gym Leader duties.” Bugsy mulled about as he shook his head back and forth with his words. “Study, Lead, Study, Lead. I mean I wasn’t UNhappy or anything, but… I’m so much happier now, you know.”

Falkner silently nodded, wanting to listen more of what his friend and former student had to say.

“Whitney, she like…” Bugsy sighed, gripping at his bangs as if he could yank both the thought and words out of his brain. “She came into my life. Almost like, out of nowhere. A-and now I want to marry her. Ever since her and I got together, things just feel… better. Just, better. Food tastes better, the days are breezier, the trees in the Illex Forest look greener, even looking at my darn papers give me less eyestrain.”

Bugsy stopped his rambling a bit to take in a deep breath, and then exhale. His eyelashes flicker a bit as he blinked.

“How do you even begin to thank someone who’s helped you that much? How do you even start to like, tell this person that they gave your life not just, meaning, but something to look forward to. I could still be a professor without her, but now that she’s here in my life, I don’t ever wanna imagine her not being here. Do you know what I mean?”

He looked up at Falkner, hoping his good pal would have an answer. Bugsy was shocked to see Falkner had a deep redness on his face and was slightly gasping now and again, as though he was fighting back tears.

Falkner had heard Bugsy’s words. Every last bit. But they rang true with him just the same. Ever since he got to finally hug Morty that one day, it felt like his entire world had shifted. Perhaps him and Bugsy were more alike than he thought. His cerulean-blue hair swayed as he shook his head and the bird keeper regained his composure.

“Yes. I know what you mean.” Falkner crossed his arms. It was easier to hide his balled fists this way. “I remember how I felt before I was in a relationship, and it didn’t feel nearly as good as I did after it. But to thank… I think you might need to start looking at it in a different attitude, Bugsy.”

The purple-haired trainer blinked. Falkner continued.

“Whitney came to you because she wanted to. She outwardly saw you and gave you a chance. And while you can thank her for that, I think if you are this much happier, if you really do feel that way, share some of that with her.”

Falkner smiled, relaxing his posture and walking up to Bugsy. As he did so many times before, when he trained the boy from Azalea how to become a Gym Leader proper, he put his hand on Bugsy’s shoulder. That familiar touch made him smile quite a bit.

“As they say. Actions speak louder than words.” Falkner smirked. An earnest smirk. He was proud of himself for this, a feeling that has become more and more familiar to him these past few months.

Bugsy nodded in agreement.

“Yeah. Yeah, you’re right. I’m going to go… see Whitney right now. She might be busy, but I don’t think she’d mind me dropping in!” He spoke with a chuckle; Falkner gave a supportive grin and freed his hand from Bugsy’s shoulder.

“Thanks Falkner! I always knew I could count on you.” Bugsy let a Poke Ball fall from his hand to release one of his many bugs; this time a Venomoth he could ride on for flight. “Sorry! I’d love to hang more and chat, but-”

“Don’t worry about it. I totally understand. I think I have someone to meet, too.” Falkner glanced up at Bugsy on his Venomoth, and gave his head tilt to dismiss the younger Trainer. Bugsy smiled, and Venomoth and him began to fly North towards Goldenrod.

Falkner watched as Bugsy and Venomoth began to shrink into the horizon. He closed his eyes and tilted his head down, but unlike his usual demeanor, his smile never left his face. He turned around, and just like Bugsy, let loose a partner; his faithful Pidgeot. He climbed onto the back of the bird, and began to high-tail it to Ecruteak City.

GameCube Xbox PlayStation 2
  • this one is inspired by me cuddling with my own boyfriend at night hee hee

Night
    11 PM. They've already brushed their teeth but they decided to stay up a bit later. It was raining outside, splatting against the tile roof and paper walls of Bugsy's home. It was a cold day too, but they weren't shivering. Sharing his blanket together, they were cuddled up, and cozy, and warm, and toasty.

His TV was a pretty small console, perched up on his dresser. His bedroom was barely as big as Whitney's bathroom, such was life in humble Azalea. But she didn't mind. She could be in a cardboard box; as long as she was with him, she'd be happy.

Her head rested on his chest. His TV was playing something mundane and unimportant. They were barely fixated on it, not that the staticy TV made it any easier for them. She was tilted perpendicular to his body, cooing as her arms wrapped around him. They were both in pajamas.

“You're so soft…” she muttered, to which Bugsy chuckled. His hand scratched gently at the spot of her neck where her head of hair ended.

“Can't be that soft. I still climb trees.”

She looked up and stuck her tongue out, burying her head into his chest. She could hear the beat of his heart. It felt so calming. Bugsy slumped backwards, his arms wrapped around her torso. She cooed. He sighed happily.

“You're just as soft as I want you to be.” She muttered back, making herself comfy. Right now, his chest was better than any pillow could ever be.

new fics!
  • And finally a fresh new one! Hope y'all enjoy.

Gaming.
    “I don’t always come to the Underground, y’know.” Whitney commented as she held hands with Bugsy, the two’s footsteps echoing on the tile floors of the tunnel. Today was a fairly calm Tuesday afternoon; there were people, but it was much less busy than it would’ve been towards the end of the week here.

“Really?! This place looks awesome! Can’t believe this is only like my third or fourth time coming here, there’s so much to do!” Bugsy piped up, his excitement clearly showing.

“W-well, I guess with Team Rocket dead and gone, maybe this place isn’t so bad any more… but the crime rate is still kinda hi-”

“Oh my goodness. Whitney I’m sorry, but they have an arcade here?!” Bugsy cut off his girlfriend as he saw a dark purple room with neon lighting. Whitney, if anything, was glad to be off her previous train of thought.

“Yeah. Oh geez, I guess they wouldn’t have one of these in Azalea. There’s one in Saffron too, so they’re kinda normal to me. Wanna check it out?”

“Of course!” He smiled back at her, the two dashing into the place. It was empty, other than the two Gym Leaders. Bugsy put in some money into the token machine which spat them out into a cup for him to use. The two walked around.

“I had no idea ya played games, Bugsy.”

“Well, I don’t have a whole lot of time to, but when I can, I do.” He looked around until he found an appealing one. Once he did, he dashed over to it.

“Woah! Denjin Daisakusen III!”

The game was a magical high-fantasy beat ‘em up game, or as Bugsy and his online group of friends called them, “Belt Action Games”. He put in a coin and Whitney watched; sadly the two player side wasn’t working. The characters were a buff dwarf, a tall knight, a boyish-looking spellcaster, an amazoness woman, and a woman who seemed to tame monsters. Bugsy went for the tall knight, an observation that made Whitney giggle a little bit. Bugsy played for a bit before he lost and just walked away, not wanting to take up too much time on any one game.

“You like those sort of games, bugaboo?”

“You could say that. I really like combat games, you know. I guess because it’s like Pokemon Battling, but also when you’re sitting at a desk doing a research paper for hours on end, you need some sort of way to just… let your pent up feelings out! And I think beat ‘em ups and fighting games are the way to go.”

Whitney smiled, ruffling up his purple head of hair. She always thought those sort of things were ‘guy’ things, and was just only slightly surprised to hear Bugsy was into those.

“What about you, Whit? What games do you like to play?”

Whitney crossed her arms. “Puzzle games! Lemme see if they got one here… ah!”

The two made their way to a very cutesy looking arcade game. It just had a stick and two buttons, but there were two cabs of it set facing away from each other.

“Oh it’s even my favorite! Dollar Drop!”

Whitney took some coins from Bugsy, and inserted them into the machine. She used the chair to take a seat and began to play. The objective was to take numbers on screen and match them up, with a general money aesthetic to it. Bugsy watched, entranced, and saw how Whitney could very quickly clear the first stage. And the one after. She was clearing through like nothing.

Bugsy had half of an idea to challenge her at the game, but he decided to instead watch his girlfriend plow through this puzzle game quicker than he ever could. He pulled up the other chair, and watched. He rested his head on her shoulder. They could see the reflection of each other’s faces on the arcade monitor.

Held
  • Hey! New entry. I think about them hugging a lot.

Held
    Here they were again, looking over the ocean as they found a nice knoll at Route 34. It was mid-day; not too hot, and the breeze in the air was nice.

Like usual, Bugsy was in Whitney’s arms. Her body gently protected him from the gusts in the air, and he merely rested his head back against her form. He really could just fall asleep here like this, especially as his hands touched her legs and the soft blades of grass.

“Bugaboo,” Whitney began to speak, “ya never get tired of me holding you?”

Truth be told, Bugsy thought about it. Growing up, he spent much of his time in a solace of his choosing. Studying. Training. Researching. Applying. All of that meant that he wasn't the most social Butterfree in Johto. Even when he became a Gym Leader, it wasn't like he was very handsy or touchy with his Gym Trainers. When Whitney first held his hand that night she told him she loved him, he felt electricity course down his spine. Like a bunch of Joltik were running down his back. And now her touch is comforting. Natural, even.

“Never will.” He replied. He looked up at her, meeting eyes, and smiled before closing his. “Hug me all you want.”

Whitney couldn't help but to give a light squeal and tighten her arms’ grip. For her, touching was just a natural part of life. Contact in sports, hugging her galpal Gym Trainers, helping people find what clothing sizes work for them in the Pokéathelon. And now she has someone in her life she can always touch. Hold. Fawn over. Be vulnerable with.

She was the happiest girl in the world.

He was the most content he ever could've been, right now.

Memoir
  • Memoir
    Whitney sighed wistfully as she leaned over a fence on the Moomoo Farm. Bugsy was once again, not currently in Johto. He was off doing more studies for his professor exam. And whenever he wasn’t around, she couldn’t help but feel a bit sad. Earlier today she got up on the wrong side of bed, her hair wouldn’t cooperate with her, and it was just one of those days where the bad little things began to pile up. Normally, she could just bring her boyfriend into her arms and hug the issues away, but not right now.

As the sun was still fairly high in the sky in the early afternoon, Whitney decided to lend a hand out to the Farm to get her mind off of things. Being here was a good way to find some solace and quiet for a bit. No noises other than the moos of the Miltank, the wind rolling on the grass, and the occasional farmhand chatter and equipment going off. Resting her arm on the fencepost, she inhaled deeply. It smelled of the trees, of Miltank, and of… nostalgia.

“Miru.”

She looked down, and saw none other than her Miltank. Milky. The very same Miltank she would send out into battle with her. The very same Miltank she first adopted from this Farm. She looked up at Whitney, having sensed her troubled emotion. The cow rested her lips on Whitney’s waist, looking up at her. While the pink-haired girl was frowning before, this definitely got a smile growing on her face.

“What?” She asked, almost playfully, treating her Miltank like how most people would treat their house Meowth. She put a hand down and began to rub Milky in between her horns; it was her favorite spot. Scritch went her fingertips, before they began to scratch at the back of Milky’s ears.

“Your girl’s just feelin’ a lil’ lonely right now.”

“Miru.”

Whitney smiled once more. She knew that her bond with her Miltank was so strong that her trusty round cow Pokémon knew exactly how she was feeling and why, but she loved to play dumb with her a little bit. Her ploy worked, Milky now rubbing her face against Whitney intensely. She couldn’t help but laugh, and Whitney kneeled down.

“Mm. I’m always less lonely when you’re around.”

She hugged Milky warmly, taking care not to press too hard against her belly and udders. The cow let out a happy exhale against Whitney’s ears, and her arms would warmly drape across the Gym Leader’s shoulders. Whitney remembered, if only for a second, how Milky was almost jealous Bugsy was getting so much attention, but eventually, she would mellow out. To Whitney, she felt like Milky learned that nothing would really replace her, but rather someone life-changing entered Whitney’s life for good now.

“Miru!” Milky broke from the hug to lick at Whitney’s cheek like a Growlithe would. She giggled, rubbing off some of the saliva as she gently pet Milky on her chin.

“You wanna go hang out with your pals?” Whitney asked.

“Miru!” Milky wagged her tail; that was a resounding yes.

Whitney patted her Pokémon on the back, letting her rotund side-kick trot away to be with the rest of her kind for the moment. She stood back up and crossed her arms, and sighed again. That got her mind off of things for a bit, but as soon as they could, thoughts came back. She put her cheek in her hand.

His smile. His laugh. The feeling of his hair in her hands. The sound of his voice. Even the way how he’d tap his pen against his temple as he thought about what to write. She missed him so much already. She wasn’t even sure when he’d return. Hopefully soon. Surely there’s only so much he could learn with Juniper and Lenora, right?

As she turned around, one of the farmhands approached Whitney. It was a Picknicker who worked in the farm quite a bit.

“Oh, hey Suzie.” Whitney recognized her.

“Hey Whitnay!” Her accent was quite thick. “I juz’ wanted ya t’know, ya got a lettar in th’ mail. I think Lois jus’ dropped it off.” She pulled out a very fancy looking envelope. The sticker looked like a Ledyba. Whitney knew exactly what it was.

“Took ma gloves awf so I wouldn’t stain it! Y’all be good now, y’hear?” Suzie then scurried off to whatever chore was next for her to do. This gave Whitney ample privacy time as she ran back to the side of a barn and began to open the letter.

The actual envelope itself was deep pink, and had lace trimmings on the edges. As she pulled out the card, she opened it up. A photo fell out. She grabbed it.

It was him, holding the camera pretty close to his body while his arm was raised, with a Venipede crawling on it. In the background, she could faintly see Lenora and Juniper, and it looked like they were in Nacrene City. She also saw a little pouch drop out as well. As she held it, her instinct almost roared at her to open it up, but her intuition told her differently. She began to read the letter.

“My honeycomb,

I really am sorry about being away for a while. The League has me on this assignment longer than I had planned. Turns out, sometimes even Bug-Type Pokémon can leave fossils! Shocked me too. Lenora and Juniper say hi. Lenora herself says that she wants her Watchog to battle your’s again, sometime.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way; I miss you. I wish I could take you on all these flights with me, because now that you’re in my life, I really feel whenever you aren’t here. But because you’re in both my heart and in my mind, you’re always with me. But I want you in my arms, too. And since I know you feel the same way, I left you something in that bag. I should’ve given it to you ages ago, back when we trained and Milky was knocking out my Scyther with Rollout so easily. Wear it if you want. It’ll be another thing to remind you of myself.

Don’t worry, honeycomb. I’ll be back soon. I love you, my sweet.

From,
    Bugsy.”

Whitney began to unwrap the little bag, and she held in her hands a nice and minty Hive Badge. She began to chuckle, then lightly sob, as tears began to roll down her cheeks. She realized she didn’t even have one of his badges yet. This one was a little bit different; it had a clip on the back, instead of a usual pushpin.

She clipped it into her hair, using her PokéGear to look at herself like a mirror. The red-and-black circle complimented, yet contrasted so well with her hair and her usual yellow hair accessories. Once more, water would stream down the curves of her face before dropping off her chin. This was one of her good cries. He had such a way with words. She fought back any further crying by rubbing at her face with her arm. She closed the letter, and fanned herself with it. The picture inside was stored safely. She smiled again, feeling a lot less lonely than she did a couple of minutes before.

She began to leave the Moomoo Farm, to go back into Goldenrod City. She just needs to run a quick errand. Milky looked back at her, and she turned to her Pokémon to respond to it.

“Don’t worry Milky! I’ll be right back. I’m just gonna get a photo frame. I’ll be jus’ a moment!”

The Cuddle
  • The Cuddle
    “Nnngh. Nnnm?”

Whitney woke up late at night, with the moonlight beaming into her room. She felt a light weight across her torso; Bugsy's arms. She turned to face him; he was still asleep.

He was breathing, silently, wearing just his simple sleeveless shirt top and some pajama pants, with his arms across her. She didn't want to get up, nor did she need to. But she did turn in his grasp.

Her left hand would glide up his back until it found itself lost in the forest of his purple hair. His hair was normally a sort of controlled chaos, but now it was extra messy thanks to his bedhead. His hair was dense, but not wirey. She loved running her fingers through it, and here so she did the same, until she felt something hard. She felt her hand touch the back of his skull.

She moved in, her other arm wrapped around his torso, kissing the bridge of his nose. Instinctively, his body reacted by tightening his hug around her. She fought back the urge to make an audible “ooh!” of surprise, and he still seemed to be asleep.

She felt the warmth of his body. The softness and the firmness on his form. Whitney enjoyed the sensation of her body pressed up to his. Her legs interlocked with his. Whenever they were this close, it felt just right. She hugged him tenderly, and it wouldn't take long for her to drift off back into dreamland with him.

The Present
  • Been cooking this one for a bit. A Christmas themed mini-fic!

The Present
    “Okay, your turn!” Whitney giggled as she spoke, with Bugsy smiling at her. He really admired how cutely the combination of the neck-scarf and the ear-rings were on her. It was especially striking given the fact she was wearing her shoulder-exposing Christmas outfit. He chalked it up to a successful intuition of what would work on Whitney. With all of that out of the way, he turned to his gift. It was long, and most notably, heavy. This was something that, if he wanted to carry it around, he’d probably have to wrap his arms around it, like one would a ladder. The wrapping paper was a pretty generic looking white-with-multicolored-polkadots on it. He couldn’t imagine what it was; perhaps an unassembled shelf case? No, it didn’t feel quite so heavy. Perhaps it was a lamp? He could use a new desk light after all. He began to claw at the paper; it fell apart easily under his fingertips. Soon, he’d see something interesting. It was leather. Real, black leather. Then he saw a golden square. His heart skipped a beat. “You-...” He instantly began to claw away at it further, revealing that the object was a leather case. It had expensive-looking latches on the edges of it. Whatever was in here, it was a premium product; and he recognized that golden square logo. And then the length of the box hit him. He gulped. “Did you…?!” He stared at Whitney, who was just bashfully smiling. “Go ahead. Open it.” He undid the latches on the side, and swung the case open. Before him was a catching net, but not a usual one. The rod of it was made of premium hollow fired bamboo wood with a varnished finish. Premium enough to look fancy, but sturdy enough to last a lifetime, with a gorgeous cherrywood color that screamed “class”. The net itself was an eyecatching darker grey color, made not of cloth like most nets are, but with carbon fibre foil with a fine see-through sieve. And the rim was made of a brilliant gold design, and yet, it too was varnished so it wouldn’t chip as the net would be slammed down repeatedly. This was no ordinary net. This was a Fortree Famous Net, an artisan net that is sought after by Bug Catchers. It wasn’t just expensive; it was hard to acquire, oftentimes requiring a long wait on a waitlist, or knowing someone special. Bugsy stared at Whitney, jaw agape. “How did you…” Whitney just shrugged. “A woman can’t tell ALL her secrets, bugaboo! Whatcha think? You like it~?” Whitney knew he did. But what she didn’t know or predict is what would happen next. Bugsy nodded, and his eyes began to water. Drops began to land on the leather casing. He brought a hand up to his mouth, and his eyes closed shut. Tears began to stream down his face. A long, drawn-out wheeze came from him, muffled by his palm, and Whitney’s smile slowly turned into an expression of awe. “This is the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for me…” He began to speak, his voice strained into a barely audible high pitched tinge from his efforts to fight back some heavy tears. He never imagined in his life he could AFFORD such a net, let alone be GIFTED one. It wasn’t just about knowing he’s a Bug aficionado, or how much it cost, but the difficulty, the dedication it takes to get it. When he was growing up, all the gifts he got were necessities, or cheap trinkets. Things his parents thought he needed to get ahead in life. Books, socks, underwear, maybe small bits of cash but no more. His family just didn’t have a lot of money; most people in Azalea didn’t. And thus, Bugsy resigned to himself a life that was humble, without luxury. But now here was something that was literally out of his dreams, and she got it for him. She did it. And she did it because she loved him. It wasn't easy to do; this took a lot of effort to get, not just money. He looked at her face. He felt loved. So intensely loved. He began to break down, holding his face in his hands as tears leaked in between his fingers. The emotions hit him all at once with the power of a raging waterfall. Whitney rushed over to hug him close as he continued to sob happy tears, muffled “thank yous” and more crooning cries. In a way, she wanted to cry, too. Seeing her beloved boyfriend cry like that. But deep down, she knew he was happy, incredibly so. She rubbed his shoulders, letting him take all the time he needed to let his emotions literally pour out of him. She kissed his forehead, and he immediately threw himself onto her, his wet hands on her back as he smooched her on her lips. He pulled back, taking an unstable inhale. “Thank you so much. Thank you so, so much…” His voice tampered off into a whisper while Whitney just sighed happily, stroking his head of hair and letting her fingers run through it. “Merry Christmas, Bugsy.”

new drabble!!
  • I managed to eek in one more in the midst of the holidays duhsuhd

Hands
    The sky was colored a deep indigo hue as the moon came out to play. As it did, it reflected the silvery moonlight right into the window leading into Whitney's apartment. The two were just sitting on the couch, the TV since having been randomly playing something that wasn't either of the two's focus right now, as they were, yet again, totally engrossed in one another. They giggled almost incoherently, making a quick small comment and then laughing, or just rubbing their cheeks against one another as if they were mere Pachirisu.

Bugsy, almost using his shorter height as an advantage, let his head rest squarely on Whitney's shoulders and the nape of her neck. He closed his eyes and she couldn't help but to laugh joyfully, moving her head down to kiss his temple and bring her hands to rub across his arms, until their hands met. They began to fingerlock with one another, and Bugsy moved his head to look into Whitney's eyes again.

"Your hands..." His thumb pressed into her palms. They were soft and silky, and only now did it really hit Bugsy just how feminine they felt. Her skin felt perfectly moisterized, and they mesmerized him. Whitney couldn't help but giggle; in most instances like this, she's so flattered she'd bring her hands up to her face, but her loving boyfriend is a little busy with those right now.

"They've always been this soft! Do you only notice now, bugaboo?" Whitney chimed in, smiling brightly as Bugsy continued to massage her hand. Feeling his index finger press against her knuckles felt oddly warming. Whitney's fingers were just as soft as her palms, with long, but not too thin fingers either. It seemed she barely had to use her hands to work much; and truth be told, other than some oddjobs at the Moo Moo Farm, she really didn't.

"I... Well. This is my first time REALLY inspecting them." Bugsy replied with a chuckle, realizing how odd it is. "I've felt your hands on me before, but I've never felt your hands like... like this. You don't mind, right?"

"Me? Mind you, of all people, touching my hands? C'mon silly, 'course I don't!" Whitney stuck her tongue out playfully. Bugsy couldn't help but to blush just a tiny bit, but Whitney reversed the situation.

"Now let me see." Whitney began to grab at Bugsy's hands, inspecting them herself. The Walking Bug Encyclopedia flinched, but let her do as she pleased. He wasn't used to being examined, in spite of being the kind of guy to stare at things with a magnifying glass.

Bugsy's hands were not as soft as Whitney's. In fact, his palms and fingers were a little rough with tougher skin and calluses. As a child, Bugsy went out and played in the forest a lot, and as he got older, he would constantly swing his catcher's net down as he hunted Caterpie, Weedle, and the ilk. That constant friction between wood and skin over time meant his hands got a little bit rough. That and all the tree climbing he does, too.

Whitney continued to rub her fingertips across them. The slightly paler, slightly coarser patches on his hands. Bugsy began to feel a little bit sad. Was she inspecting his hands because she was disappointed? Crestfallen by how rough his hands were?

"...Does it bother you?" He asks, looking back at her, although her eyes were still transfixed on his hands. Without looking back at him, Whitney raises his hands so they could cup at her cheeks. Callouses and all. She then looked back at him with a warm smile.

"Bugsy. As long as these are your hands, I'll always want 'em touching me."

SURPRISE
  • The wind blew through their hair, fluttering their clothes on a particularly breezy day in Pasio. Bugsy and Whitney, sitting next to the monolith in the field, the light green grass not unlike Bugsy's clothes. They merely leaned against each other, holding one hand together as they stared out into the blue sky yonder. Normally the breeze would let Whitney feel a bit chilly with just her jersey on, but she could only feel the warmth of her lover now.

In this world they live in, there is always such a competition and rush to feel victory. To win. To succeed. Some are driven to madness just for the sake of feeling that rush of trouncing an opponent. Friends and foes alike both challenge each other to see who gets the crown at the end of the bout. Endless strategies, compositions, tactics and philosophies are brewed in the neverending quest to come out on top.

Bugsy's left hand clutched Whitney’s right. He gazed at her. She looked back at him, with a smile.

Is finding the love of your life not a victory itself worth celebrating just the same?

new drabble!
  • You guys know that meme where it's like, a couple is trying to kiss, and one of them is closed mouth and one of them is opened mouth? Yeah that

“The weather is still so nice out today.” Bugsy murmured, sitting on a bench in Goldenrod with Whitney.

“Yeah. It's not normally this nice though. Must be because I'm with you.” She turned to him and grinned, and he couldn't help but turn a pink that would rival even a Jigglypuff.

His hand reached out for her’s. She clasped his hand almost instantly. They began to lean their heads in for a kiss.

Bugsy's lips puckered up. He wasn't exactly used to this sort of kissing; every kiss before was practically Whitney grabbing his ascot and tugging him in. So he was in uncharted waters now. But his lips rounded out for what he expected his kiss to be. A cute peck. Like a Smoochum. That's how people kissed right? That's how they kiss in all of the cartoons and movies he's seen before.

Whitney’s eyes closed. Her mouth hung open. This is how lovers kissed, right? It's like putting two C’s together except one was sideways. That'll work, right? That's how nice and steamy and sensual kisses are and are supposed to be.

Then Bugsy's lips finally landed on something. Whitney’s tongue.

“Mmrhm?”

“Nleh?”

It was an awkward sight that tasted as weird as it felt. Whitney couldn't help but begin to double over in laughter, which got Bugsy giggling, then outright guffawing too. They were like that for a good dozen seconds before they began to happily sigh, then they stole each other's glances again.

They moved back into each other's faces, this time sharing a much better and coordinated kiss.

more otp on Valentine's day? say it ain't so
  • Because I can't help myself, here's a light drabble of the two for Valentine's Day. Inspired by my recent art piece I did!

As the warm sunlight beamed on them both, they held their foreheads close, and relished in the moment. They were holding each other, touching each other. Whitney’s fingers wiggling through Bugsy’s velvet violet locks. His hands were secured right on her waist almost like a belt. The rays from the sky shone on their faces, providing them some warmth in this normally-cool February weather. It was that fateful day on the calendar. Lear called it “Palentine’s Day” over on Pasio, but outside of that artificial island, everyone knew what it was. The day of love. Of romance. Of dreams coming true.

Standing out over on the bluff of Route 34, the two lovers embraced each other. They did so seemingly every day ever since Whitney confessed her love to Bugsy that fateful day, but somehow, whenever Valentine’s Day hit, those embraces felt ever more sincere and tender. They could hold each other for hours. Feel each other’s warmth for weeks. Laugh with each other for years. Look into each other's eyes for millenia. This was their peace. This was their home; with one another.
    “I love you so much, Whitney.” Bugsy’s voice would break the silence, his eyes flickering up to gaze at the love of his life. He would see her close her eyes in joy, a light giggle coming from her mouth.
    “I love you so much, Bugsy.” It was incredible what a mere few words could mean to them both. How they could summarize their eternal bonds with one another.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

New drabble!
  • Living with, or planning to live with, your significant other means you have to get used to their Pokemon too, right?

In a rare turn of events, Whitney had a free day off while Bugsy was the one who was busy with Gym duties. Fortunately, the relatively unpopular gym of Azalea would only be so busy for so long. So Whitney, knowing this, was spending time at Bugsy’s house, helping him a little bit with getting his books arranged while challengers would face his various Bugs.

Whitney always considered herself a connoisseur of cute. One can see this in her Gym’s layout, and the type of Pokemon she choses for her team, but while she’s a Normal-Type specialist, she also isn’t afraid to go outside of her usual preferred type to appreciate the adorable creatures that inhabit her world. She’s a fan of Yamper, Nidorina, Chatot, Litten, and Lilligant, just to name a few. Most people would think she’s shallow and wouldn’t admire anything that looked remotely “uncute”, but quite the opposite. Whitney can find the cuteness in many things. Unlike the many other Lasses and Beauties in Johto, she doesn’t mind Bugs. After all, the love of her life practically depended on his existence on those bugs, how could she deny him of that? Plus, there were some very cute Bug-Types too. Ledyba, Ribombee, Sewaddle, even Venonat kind of reminds her of her purple-haired bugaboo.

But… she wasn’t hanging out with those bugs today. Today she had to deal with some of his more… threatening bugs.

One of his many spare Scyther. A Pinsir. And his Beedrill. THAT Beedrill. The same one that Mega Evolved back on Pasio. Which meant it knew her, which put her at ease just a bit… but the Scyther and Pinsir were another story. She was strolling around in Bugsy’s house, rearranging some of his books on the higher shelves of his library’s study, where it’d be a bit harder for him to reach without a stepladder.

The whole time she was doing so, out of the corner of her eye, she was keeping tabs on those large predatory Bugs. They stared at her. Just floating there.

While Pokemon are capable of emotions and sentience, Bug-Types oftentimes had more ‘primal’ personalities. They were more inclined to act on their impulses, on their emotions, and less on rationale than, say, Pokemon who were in the Field egg group. Whitney had her Miltank on her, so her safety was never in jeopardy; rather she’d not battle where and when she didn’t have to; namely with the thinner paper walls inside Bugsy’s house. Let alone fainting some of his bugs without his permission. But she was careful to move either way. She knew a bit about the psychology of these bugs based on what he would infodump on her. Whitney didn’t retain EVERY bit of knowledge, but at least a bit. As long as she didn’t make any sudden moveme-

Her foot accidentally pressed down on a Spinarak. The poor creature squealed and scurried from underneath her. With a yelp, she fell right on her butt, dropping a rather heavy book in the meantime. This loud noise startled Pinsir and Scyther, and the two instantly began to Lunge at Whitney. She brought an arm up, only to feel no stinger, no pincer grasp at her. She blinked and looked past her limb.

Beedrill had made it to Whitney before the other two Kantonian insects. With its namesake drills, it held back the two, gently, almost with the same sternness of a gentleman. It was making odd chittering noises; communication. Whitney was almost in awe.

“So… you really do remember me, huh?” Whitney couldn’t help but chuckle, before the pain of landing on the floor was hitting her lower back. The Spinarak had returned, looking remorseful.

“S-sorry lil’ guy! I’ll be more careful next time…” She stood back up to her feet, refocusing on Scyther and Pinsir. Those two, plus Beedrill, continued to gaze at her, but this time Scyther and Pinsir were… bowing. While not quite exactly the same way a person would due to their anatomy, they were clearly showing some sort of submissiveness. Did Beedrill explain her relationship to Bugsy to them?

Whitney couldn’t help but laugh, even if she was taken aback a bit. She brought a hand forward and began to pet the two right on the sides of their faces. They hissed approvingly. Any friend of Bugsy was a friend of theirs, after all.

new drabble! New
  • Has it really been so long since I contributed? Oh well. Time to fix that.

Every now and again, it hits her. Some days, it really does feel like to Whitney that there isn't anything in the world that can trouble her. Waking up next to Bugsy, going out for a stroll together, some days even just hanging out in the same room as him while he studies. Just being near his presence puts her mind at ease and makes her feel so serene. Even now, in the early afternoon, the two are just chilling at her place. She's on the couch, laid out. He's laying on top of her. He's in her arms.

He was equal parts handsome, adorable, smart, dashing, and trustworthy. In her eyes, he was truly perfect. He looked great in anything. Anything! Even his usual nerdy gym outfit with the pouches and magnifying glass and all. But for now he was in a long sleeved like green shirt and some long slacks. Something casual but also something comfy, which made him so incredibly fun to cuddle with. Whitney squeezed her arms around his torso, giving a small little coo of delight as her forearms glid across the fabric of his top. She was wearing her usual outfit; for her, it worked for almost every occasion.

“Snrrrk.”

Whitney blinked. What was that noise? She adjusted just ever so slightly to see that Bugsy fell asleep. Again. In her arms. God, he was cuter than anything else in the world! She wanted to just squeal and kick about like she saw a fleet of super cute Furret or something, but she also didn't want to wake him. So she just buried her face and lips in that wonderful velvety purple forest of his hair and kiss his scalp. Once she was able to calm her emotions again, she kept gazing at him, with her arms hooked around.

“I wish I could just tell you just how dang much I love ya, bugaboo.” She thought to herself. “But it'd be hard. I'd be repeatin’ myself again, and again, and again. I think that means I love you more than words can say.”

She blinked as she came to that realization. Loving someone more than words could relay…

“But I think you know that already.” She continued to think, but couldn't help but giggle softly at that thought. “And I think you know that because of how I act. What was that phrase again? Actions speak louder than words?”

She smiled warmly, and then soon realized Bugsy was adjusting himself on top of her. He was now sideways, his arms locked around her midsection as he rested his head against her. He looked… happy. Not just asleep, but truly and genuinely happy.

Whitney cooed again. She really couldn't bear to leave and wake him up. Perhaps she too could take a nap. She yawned, her body preparing to take a nice snooze, as her hands laid against the side of his waist and she got comfy against the plush armrest of the sofa. This was peace. This was love.

Back
    Top Bottom