• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon come backs.

"Your mum's so fat that when she was out at sea, some whales tried to adopt her into the family."

Would that be a good one?

"Your mum's so fat that when she was out at sea, some whales tried to adopt her into the family."

Would that be a good one?

Dude, this isn't a your mama jokes contest, its just come backs you could use when someone tries to make fun of you for playing pokemon like.

"I may play pokemon but at least i'm not as ugly as you, you'll always be ugly".

One day I was making a Under Used team at school on my "Random toughts notebook", then a bully saw Charizard written in there (Because he couldn't regonize none of the other names), he said:

"Wow, you know Pokémon is for 10 year olds, right?

Inmediatly, I pulled off a page with IV formulas on it, I handed it to him and said:

"Here, these equations are a crucial part of competitive Pokémon gameplay, I dare you to explain them to a 10 year old, or better yet, try to explain them to your Gears Of War play buddys".

One day I was making a Under Used team at school on my "Random toughts notebook", then a bully saw Charizard written in there (Because he couldn't regonize none of the other names), he said:

"Wow, you know Pokémon is for 10 year olds, right?

Inmediatly, I pulled off a page with IV formulas on it, I handed it to him and said:

"Here, these equations are a crucial part of competitive Pokémon gameplay, I dare you to explain them to a 10 year old, or better yet, try to explain them to your Gears Of War play buddys".

I should carry that around with me. The IV calculations, not the comeback. That way I can steal the comeback....

In other words, it's a good one.

One day he said he liked Digimon. One of the other kids asked him why would he hate Pokemon if he liked Digimon. He said he liked Digimon because it took place in the digital world and had a better storyline. :/

It... kinda... does...

*me during lunch playing Heartgold)

Person: Dude you still play pokemon thats just sad/

Me: Heya nd what do you still play Call of Duty? I don't see the point in that game you pay 50 dollars for a shooting game? I can jut go to an arcade and put 10 dollars in the token machine to play some shooting game. And how long has the game been out anyways. Cant even surpass Super Mario Bros being around for over 20 years

Person: What you still play Super Mario?

Me: Yeah! And also Legend of Zelda and Metroid! And sometimes Starfox and Donkey Kong games! They kick ass in Super Smash Bros I dont think the games you play have characters that are widely known around the world!

Basically goes on like that until the person shuts their yap

When someone says pokémon is childish, my response depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood, I quote C. S. Lewis: "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.". If I'm in a bad mood a just tell them to fuck off.

Some guys randomly started singing the original dub opening to me to mock me. Once they left, I turned to my friend said something like "For people who think it's so lame, they did a great job at remembering the theme song".

Person: You play pokemon!? Act your age!
Me: Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

"Pokemon is stupid and for little kids"

"oh really? well did you know that catch chance is found by multiplying the max hp of a pokemon by 3 and subtracting 2 times the current hp, multiplying by the individual pokemons catch rate and the pokeball bonus, dividing by 3 times the max hp and multiplying the entire thing by any status bonuses? and that's only part of the formula. want me to explain part b?"

"wha......?"

alwys happens to me too (but with other stuff). Then when I walk away I think it through and think of the best come back. That's why I'm great at insulting people online (especially on youtube xD) but I suck at it in personal life,

This happens to me almost all the time, too. But a few times I've made good comebacks. I did this once:

Dude: Man, you're the freakiest person I've ever met.
Me: You're the dumbest person I've ever met. I win.

I was punched in the face but it was still very enjoyable.

Other comebacks I've made:

Dude: "You play video games. That's uncool"
Me: "So what?"
Dude: "And you play Pokémon, that's uncool even among gamers!"
Me: "Hell yeah, I'm a freak among the freaks. Who can top that? I'm da shit, you're just generic"

Dude: "Nintendo is kiddy; get yourself a PlayStation to see what a real game is"
Me: "OK. Get yourself a Nintendo to see what a real game SHOULD BE"

In my teenage years, I used to be acloset fan (I still was considered a nerd, though) Nowadays, I'm not concerned about what people think or speak about me, so I don't care. Some of my friends still think I'm a bit of a weirdo, but they also accept that's what makes me so likeable, because I'm a fun guy and thus they enjoy hanging around with me; to be honest, my best friends love my eccentricity.

"Hey, you're playing Pokemon? That makes you a baaaabyyyyyy"

"What did you say, punk?"- When I'm in a bad mood....

"Hey, did you know what? I don't care. You can go back to playing some stupid game with blood & monsters, but I'll stay with not throwing up every time I play a video game.
Okay, thanks."
I play another "childish" game, so I use these answers a lot.... I just switch the words around C:

Last year I did

Except I'm horrible at comebacks

Everybody is, at first! The trick is to think them up ahead of time, and save them in the back of your mind for the right moment. Rehearse them if you have to, just keep them ready so you can pull one out when you need it.

Here's a good all-purpose one for Pokemon:

"It amuses me."

~~~~

Now, I don't play the games, but I do watch the anime, and get made fun of for it by my roommates & friends; usually it's just good natured teasing...and I am way, way over the target age, so I'm usually a good sport...but once it went far enough to tick me off. Here's the story:

Me: The quality of fan music videos on Youtube is pretty sad...I've watched hundreds of Pokemon vids and found like maybe three or four really good ones.

Friend: [smirking] Yeah, but it's Pokemon.

Me: Ha ha, yeah, but really, in terms of music vid--

Friend: Yeah, but it's Pokemon.

Me: Heh heh, uh, yeah, but you know, a show doesn't HAVE to be brilliant to make a good music vid--

Me: [starting to get steamed] Okay, but for a good vid you just need good visuals, and one thing anime has--

Me: [lapses into fuming silence]

SEVERAL MONTHS LATER...

Me: Hey {Friend's name}, I'm not gonna be embarrassed about Pokemon any more.

Friend: Huh? Why?

Me: You're writing Gunsmoke fan fic.

Friend: [defensive] Hey, Gunsmoke was a good show! Do you know how many years it was on? [answer=20yrs ~SA]

Me: Pokemon's been on twelve years...still going strong.

Friend: [no reaction for a second; then turns away, lapses into pwned silence]

Me: [enjoys pwnage]

:cool:

(and yes, I saved that ahead of time. Actually one of my roommates helped me come up with it.)

"Pokemon is for kids."
"*shows them the Hidden Power formula*"

"Pokemon is for nerds."
"Nerds? Pfft. We prefer the term, 'intellectual badass'."

Im 17 and people joke me about playing SS in school. But I get the last laugh when I see them trying to add steps on their pokewalker by running track. ^^

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom