• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Broken Road [Sign-ups always open]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheria

Fynx!
Reaction score
Content might be a bit violent. I warned you. :p

The sign-ups will always be open. If you want to join, don't be shy, go ahead and sign-up. ^^

Rules:

No Godmodding.

Cussing is allowed. This isn't really for those viewers who don't like it. This will be violent and a bit bloody. But not too violent and bloody. All I ask is you don't have a cuss word in every single sentence, or repeat it over and over. I detest repetition.

Get your grammar CORRECT. I like correct grammar! I spell color "colour" and favorite "favourite". You may use which ever one you use.

Bulbagarden rules apply. If you don't follow them, you're out for good.

OOC's are encouraged if you don't understand anything. If you don't understand anything, you may post it here and await my response. I will notify you when I respond.

No flaming and baiting, which counts as Bulbagarden rules. You will automatically be kicked out if personal problems become part of the RP, and it gets too intense and realistic between the 2(+).

RESPECT others feelings and thoughts. No bullying. If you do, you get a warning. Three warnings and you're out. Ciao.

If you read, put 'Shakugan no Shana' in your sign-up.

Going on between two people for over three pages is allowed. No going over twenty though. XD If it keeps the RP going, it's encouraged!

You may kill somebody. But not a character applied here. It must be someone interfering with the mission of this RP.

Maximum characters allowed is 4.

If you don't use a character for more than a week, it will be deleted. No more character.

You can re-view your sign-ups in the sign-up thread for The Broken Road. You can change a few things here and there, all I ask for is a notification.
-------

Alright, we begin.

Read this first post, it could provide some info.

______

Ara sat in a gray chair lined with glowing blue lines, looking as if they were exactly straight cables that ran deep inside the chair. The year was 3024. Technology is extremely advanced. She tapped her thick black and green bracelet on the side of the chair. There were no arm rests, and the chair didn't have anything connecting to the floor. It was just floating, making a light humming sound.
Ara stared at the screens, the many screens covering the wall. A few people typed away from what they were observing. The screens showed various places: Africa, Antarctica, and even some areas in space. A few rippling movements were shown in some areas around space, and a few debris items were being sucked in. Next thing you know, the thing opens up like a giant portal mouth and everything around it get sucked in. It was a rather scary, bothersome thing to the people who saw it. Of course, it was their job to fix all these problems caused by the most ignorant people on the planet.
They got help to do this, by sensing the people with abnormal abilities by detecting their souls. Their souls were special and held the essence of their personality. It spread widely around them. Such as if they felt miserable, almost everyone a little under a mile around them would feel miserable, too. The soul detecting isn't always as easy as it sounds, since some people can actually feel just like everyone else around them. Basically, they could be a person influenced by others around him/her.
Ara stared specifically at one screen, showing space. A spot very close to Earth. A rather....different rippling began to happen. The rippling was looking violent. It was so close to Earth. It'd be extremely dangerous if it grew any bigger than a normal portal.
These portals that sucked things in supposedly sent them to another universe. An opposite Earth. If you could survive the harsh pulling and pushing, of course. That is what they have studied and have found out, after they lost a former important scientist to a portal. The scientist had still had a communicating device on her, and so when she made it through the portal she spoke to them, saying she'd landed on a planet almost like Earth, yet it was so different.
Blaire came up and tapped Ara's shoulder. Ara jumped, heard Blaire's giggle, and then sighed.
"Blaire, you gotta stop doing that." She said, pushing back a few strands of blonde hair that were covering her forehead.
"Awww, but you space out so much~" Blaire said, fire glowing on one of her fingertips. "C'mon, lets do something thats not boring. Plus, a bunch o' people are on their way here~! We won't be as bored!" Blaire said, running back a bit, jumping back towards Ara, smiling with her eyes closed. Ara sighed.
"Okay, okay." She got up out of the floating chair, and it flew immediately back to an empty spot in front of a keyboard by a screen.
"Do you think they'll live?" Blaire asked.
"Mmhmm.....They said these people specifically had amazingly strong souls. They should be able to live for a long time...." Ara said, staring at the floor.
Blaire rolled her eyes, and pulled her denim jacket a bit down. "C'mon, seriously. How 'bout we teleport a bit around the place?" Blaire asked, excitedly.
Ara laughed. "Fine." She closed her eyes, and she began glowing a very, very, very, very faint pink. It barely showed. Then it got darker and darker. Soon, Ara was surrounded by a pink glow. She opened her hands, and Blaire put a finger on Ara's arm. An orb began to grow from Ara's hands. She opened her eyes quickly. A flash came, and they were gone.

Dashel Masterson slid back with his chair, narrowly avoiding a bottle that flew trough the space his head was in before.
"I'm telling you Keith," He said calmly as he folded the 5 cards in his hand so nobody could see them. "I didn't cheat. Not this time, we agreed as much." His voice sounded weary, as if he was tired from repeating himself.
He had won most of the money that was being played at on the table just on this night, so it wasn't that unrealistic for Keith to suspect him of cheating, but today he was simply being very, very lucky. Or unlucky really, as he had planned to lose some tonight to ensure people wouldn't think of him as a cheat. Still, he never was one to deny the offers of a lady, let alone one as great as Lady Luck.
As Keith ran at Dash, he sighed. He got off the chair lazily, not wanting to damage old McHamiltons' property in the fight he was sure would follow, and deftly moved aside to allow the thickly muscled man to run past him. The man called Keith almost hit the wall face-first, though he barely managed to stop himself before the hit. When he turned around, the mans heavy blonde mustache showed enough of his lips to show his expression was one of rage, though the liqueur made it hard to take his glare seriously. It looked more like puppy-dog eyes then a proper glare.
"And I'm telling you your a liar and a cheat!" Shouted the man.
The bar grew quiet.
The last man to call Dash a liar was still knocked out from a fight three days ago.
Dash's expression instantly turned from one of merry banter to one of cold calculating threat.
The men around him all backed off, for they know what Dash was capable of in a fight when he got serious, despite his relatively short stay.
"Very well Keith, if you want to play it like that," Said Dash, before he punched his left palm with his right hand, both in their gloves, though fingerless, so his ring could cause extra damage. "Let's play."
The fat muscled man roared an inarticulate cry before launching himself to Dash, though after his second step, Dash was already on Keiths left with his right fist in Keiths face.
Dash planted his feet firmly in the ground, and stood fast as he pushed his fist forward. Then with a sickening crack, the man was flung backwards, trough the open door that led out into the rainy dirt street and stayed down.
"Someone mind bringing him home?" Said Dash, waving his fist around as the punch had hurt. In truth, some people thought they saw his hands in a grey metallic hue for a second during the punch, but thought better of it. Skin changing colors was impossible; it must have been the booze.
Without another word, Dash went back on his chair and ordered one non-alcoholic drink to go. Keith ruined his appetite for gambling tonight, so he'd find a place to crash soon.

Cole sighed and rubbed his temples, looking one more time at the multiple scenes. It was depressing, really, watching a new portal suck in some useless space-junk ever minute or two. And, even worse, a new portal seemed to be forming extremely close to Earth, and it could be catastrophic if it were to open too large.

Cole closed his eyes as he felt a nasty headache coming on. It was impossible, simply impossible. There was no way a handful of people, most of whom had never met before, could ever manage to stop something this powerful. Sure, they might be able to delay the inevitable, but the outcome would probably turn out the same.

Cole began to glow with a faint silvery-blue light as his depressed mood was carried for a mile or so in every direction.

One of the scientists trying something on the computer turned around. "Do you mind?" The man asked. "I'm trying to work over here!"

"Oh, like I can stop my own feelings," Cole replied, rolling his eyes. "It's not my fault that you invited me here." In truth, Cole had had no choice, just like about everyone here with a special power.

The scientist simply glared at Cole for a few seconds before turning back to his work.

Cole felt like if he didn't get outside soon, his head would burst like a balloon. He shoved open the nearest door and walked into the small courtyard, inhaling fresh air into his lungs. The headache disappeared as Cole found an outlet for his powers, creating a practice dummy out of shadow and firing arrows made of illusion at it. A thin fog began to waft out from Cole's body, bringing with it feelings of relief and relaxation.

With that, Cole scaled a short tree and looked out across the landscape. Bleck. Almost every bit of nature had been torn down and replaced by buildings, and Cole used his ability to make his surroundings look like a large forest, stretching on in every direction.

I used to rule the world...
Seas would rise if I gave the word...
Now in the morning I sweep~ alone...
Sweep the streets I used to own..

"Err.. Ah, I'm going to get some food." Levyathan murmured. He lay his guitar on the couch, then walked outside his room.
"Sir, when are you going to visit the scientist?" A young lady voice echoed across the silent, echoing and empty corridor of his big house.
"Soon. But I'm going to get some food." Levyathan replied. "Ah yes, since you're here, I'd like to have an orange tea before the meal."
"Yes sir." She said. The young lady turned out to be his faithful maid, named Ritz.

After a while, Levyathan picked his guitar and all his things, then went to visit the lab with his brand new car, a red Acura RSX.

Blaire yawned and toyed around with some sparkles on her tanktop. She walked off from the couch, seeing as Ara had just passed out, straight after teleporting. She yawned, walking to the scientists' area.
"Hey........." She said, pointing at the portal by Earth. "We oughta do something about that. It'll be dangerous if anything more happens--"
"Shut up. We know." A scientist said, flipping her golden curls back. "We know, we know, we know. We'll do something about out. After all, we are extraordinary." She said, casting an evil glance at Blaire.
"Yeah, yeah, suuuuuure..." Blaire said. She stumbled over to the window, showing a foggy, ruined town. Half of a few buildings were still there, but it gave this place an even more eerie view.

OOC: can some tell me where to go now?

Levyathan stopped his car in front of the scientist building. Levyathan tried to rang the bell, but no one answer.

He took his dark blue acoustic guitar and lay on his car hood, And played it while he wait for someone.

Dash lay on his back, looking up at the gray sky. The building he was in was damaged as if something had torn half the building off, but with the current wind blowing hard, the rain didn't reach him.
He sighed, unhappy that he couldn't find a proper place to sleep tonight, and was pretty sure he wouldn't get any sleep. Pickpockets were a common thing, and a sleeping man was an easy target.

Summer has come and pass, the innocent can never last~
Wake me up, when september ends~
Like my father has come and pass, seven years has gone so fast~
Wake me up when september ends~
Levyathan sang and strummed his guitar.

After a while, he's feeling sleepy and he fell fast asleep on his car hood.

Alex walked around the city. It was huge and he had no idea were the scientists were located. Instead he decided to simply look around and hope he got lucky. Like most other cities this city had some areas a person shouldn't visit without taking certain precautions. Alex walked Through all of them without a care in the world.

Off course while doing this he attracted some unwanted attention.
“gimme your wallet” a man said while pointing a gun straight at Alex. “Actually, it'd be quicker to just shoot you and loot your wallet afterwards” the man said

“What you give today, tomorrow you shall receive” Alex said unfazed by the lethal weapon pointed at his face.

The man pulled the trigger, but he was quickly surprised that he was the one that got hit by it instead of Alex. You see the bullet had left the barrel like any good bullet would. But before hitting Alex's head it was repelled by his magnetism and forced to make a u-turn, before returning to his master and hitting him in his left shoulder.

“I told you not to do it” Alex said before noticing a science lab of sorts in the distance and running towards it as quickly as possible.

OOC: Just so you know, sometimes Cole can make his illusions more than that. I.E. If he summoned a gun, the bullets would most likely be real and work just like any other. However, if he wasn't focusing his energy, the illusion would be just, well, an illusion.

Cole left the courtyard, walking away from the lab in the hopes of finding somewhere he could relax without the fear of being watched. He passed a dead man with a bullet in his shoulder, taking the gun and shoving it in his pocket.

As Cole passed between the ruins of two buildings, he noticed that he was being followed by a group of just over a half dozen shady individuals. He immediately ducked through a doorway without a door and found himself confronted by six more people. One man slammed Cole's head against a half-destroyed wall, holding a large knife up to Cole's neck. The others smiled in the background, forming a loose semicircle around Cole.

"Any last words?" The man with the knife asked. Cole could see the sweat on the man's forehead and hands.

"Just one," Cole began carefully. "Goodbye."

The man pushed the knife into Cole's throat, and was surprised when he turned out to be cutting empty air. Cole appeared again in the doorway, smiling slightly.

"Sorry," Cole said, smirking. "But I suggest you run."

A siren began to wail and wheels screeched. "HANDS UP!" a voice shouted through a megaphone. "WE'RE NOT AFRAID TO USE LETHAL FORCE!"

"Better hurry along," Cole said, laughing. "I'll be seeing you, then."

As the men shuffled slowly out the door, Cole summoned the illusion of a knife and took the man in the back hostage. The policeman (who had been only an illusion) suddenly disappeared, and the other eleven men turned around, obviously confused.

"Sorry, friends," Cole said, still smiling like he was sharing a good joke. "But I've got to go."

With that, Cole temporarily wiped the minds of everyone in the room and made a break for the exit.

OOC: I am also a little confused in where we're supposed to be starting. Have we actually be contact by the lab people, like in the opening post of the sign up thread, or are we just on our own for awhile?

OOC: You are on your way. :) Sorry for confusion.

Blaire watched as the fog lifted. "Damn. That was...quick." She stared at the ceiling, her finger swirling in the air. Fire began forming around it. "Water, water..." She said, sounding quite bored, letting herself fall back onto the sofa that covered a bit of a window covering a whole wall. The curtains came over the window quickly, and the room turned even darker. Blaire curled into a ball and light her hand on fire. "Water."

Ara yawned and stretched out on the couch. Her ponytail was undone, and her blond hair was hanging off the couch, touching the floor. The broken town they were at had no residents, besides themselves.

OOC: Ah, so on our own for a bit then.

IC: Oliver sighed and rubbed his forehead through his bandages. This was a little annoying. When he'd gotten the mysterious sciency message thing, he'd been rather shocked. He hadn't really expected to find any answers just dropping into his lap. Of course, he wasn't sure how much he trusted such a group yet, but it couldn't hurt to... well, it probably could. Certainly he could handle a little risk to find some answers. But now here he was, sitting in the middle of a city, trying to actually figure out where to go.

He looked around the area from the bench he was sitting on. The city seemed relatively normal, but that didn't really mean much now. Especially if this was the place where some secret group devoted to saving the world was located. And where apparently people with powers were being drawn. He slapped his knees and stood up. He'd rather hoped there might be some sort of indication of where he was suppose to go. A big sign might be out of the question, but...

Oliver shook his head. He just had to puzzle it out. It was probably a large group, so he just had to find large buildings. And then see which ones might have some area hidden away. Or something.

So with that, Oliver began to walk off into the city.

Blaire just played with the fire in her hand, curled into a ball on the corner of the red couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom