• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The colorful journey of a fish

Piscimancy

Known elsewhere as Giraffodil
Reaction score
The fish being yours truly, of course, and the journey being a modified Nuzlocke challenge through Soul Silver.

My personal rule set:

1) Catch only the first pokemon encountered in each area, but be open to opportunities

2) If a pokemon faints, it is gone

3) Since my starter pokemon is essentially the only one I get to choose in the whole game, can pick ANY pokemon as my starter. (I went for Trapinch)

4) Each pokemon has to be named a 10 letter word that is completely new to my vocabulary, starting with the next consecutive letter of the alphabet.

5) Instead of a comic, I am doing a color palette challenge. I experience things like sound, texture, taste, emotions, and temperatures as colors inside my own mind and slightly vice-versa so this is a really intense creative exercise for me.

6) No training any pokemon I have raised before in a previous game

Rules are there to make the game more fun- if they fail at that task, I tweak them.

So far:

Avgolemono- art trade, not received yet (Greek soup made with egg and lemon)

Barkentine- surprise! <3 (3+ masted sailing ship)

Calamondin (orange colored citrus fruit with a sweet peel and sour flesh)

Diadromous (describes a fish that lives in both salt and fresh water throughout its lifetime)

Echeverias (a kind of succulent plant- accidentally used a plural here)

Fescennine (licentious or obscene) ugh, fail picture

G is a female Geodude named Granadilla (a kind of passion fruit) who has not been drawn yet

Hypaethral (building with no roof that is open to the air on top)
Unfortunately, he violates rule #6 so I can't actually train him, but he hatched so here he is

I is a female Ghastly named Inamoratas (women you are in love with- another accidental plural) yet to be drawn.

If you link back to me conspicuously so I benefit from the extra visibility you can use these anywhere.

Last edited:
Jaboticaba (kind of purple fruit)

Kenspeckle (easily recognizable)

Lavalliere (single drop pendant necklace)

Those r cool. My bro loved the wooper. Although u forgot da tail...

These are incredible. Mareep especially... are these done with a tablet?

Those r cool. My bro loved the wooper. Although u forgot da tail...

:uhoh: I didn't forget the tail... it's just... really small. He compensates by owning a jet engine powered motorcycle.

And yes, I use an Intuos 3 and CS5, but could do just as well with a Bamboo Fun and oekaki honestly.

Piscimancy, your art never ceases to amaze me. Now I know why my dA watch is full of big words. :p
When you say you see things as colours, do you mean in a synæsthesic way?

Piscimancy, your art never ceases to amaze me. Now I know why my dA watch is full of big words. :p
When you say you see things as colours, do you mean in a synæsthesic way?

Yes, that's it exactly. (It's becoming a more commonly known term but most people think you're just mis-pronouncing the word synthesis) Highfive, dude!

I have both the grapheme to color (numbers more than letters, but they both do it) and sound to color, but also emotion, texture, temperature, taste, and movement to color which I haven't heard of as much. Every once in a blue moon when I see the exact perfect color combination it goes in reverse and I'll, for example, feel cold or taste metallic. Crazy stuff.

I have the same, but only with grapheme to colour (again, numbers more than letters). Having all that must be crazy, I can see why your so good at picking colours for your art.

These are really nice,I love your use of color and pose!

Back
Top Bottom