• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Today, Im gonna go to the Japanese Dream World again and try out the Pokemon Cafe. I need to try getting a female Eevee, because a friend I have here wants one (and so do I, badly). I just hate how hard females are to get. I can always try, I guess.
Is it true that you can't breed the DW Abilities of the Eeveelutions?

Is it true that you can't breed the DW Abilities of the Eeveelutions?

Yes, the Dream World Eeveelutions are always male and you need a female to breed the DW ability. So by getting a female DW Eevee, I would be able to do so. When the DW Eevee evolves it would get the DW ability of its evolution.

Today, Im gonna go to the Japanese Dream World again and try out the Pokemon Cafe. I need to try getting a female Eevee, because a friend I have here wants one (and so do I, badly). I just hate how hard females are to get. I can always try, I guess.

^this, I need to get on the dream world with my white. I started over that game so does that mean that my game-sync has changed?? probably so...

DW is so boring now, I keep forgetting to pick up my berries, and now I've noticed nobody visits my Dream Isle anymore.

I got a quick question.

From what I understand about Dream World abilities, they are only obtainable through the Dream World and through breeding. To get them through breeding, the mother of the offspring must be the one having the DW ability. However, the offspring will always resemble the mother (unless you have pairs like Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise).

Now this is where the question comes in (and I apologize if it has been asked before): for the English site (I live in the US by the way) of the Dream World, how does one obtain any Pokémon that is currently not available in this section of the site? I would like to try a Magnemite with the Analytic ability one day, but even I get one but at a wrong Nature it is impossible for me to get the ability through breeding since one of the parents cannot be a Ditto. That Magnemite isn't available as far as I know so I am wondering where do people get these Pokémon not available on the English site? Did they use the Japanese section of the site or do they use Pokésav or Action Replay?

P.S. Will there be more courses or features in the future? I have over 8,000 Dream Points now but I am getting real bored of the mini-games and the point-and-click stuff.

I got a quick question.

From what I understand about Dream World abilities, they are only obtainable through the Dream World and through breeding. To get them through breeding, the mother of the offspring must be the one having the DW ability. However, the offspring will always resemble the mother (unless you have pairs like Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise).

Now this is where the question comes in (and I apologize if it has been asked before): for the English site (I live in the US by the way) of the Dream World, how does one obtain any Pokémon that is currently not available in this section of the site? I would like to try a Magnemite with the Analytic ability one day, but even I get one but at a wrong Nature it is impossible for me to get the ability through breeding since one of the parents cannot be a Ditto. That Magnemite isn't available as far as I know so I am wondering where do people get these Pokémon not available on the English site? Did they use the Japanese section of the site or do they use Pokésav or Action Replay?

P.S. Will there be more courses or features in the future? I have over 8,000 Dream Points now but I am getting real bored of the mini-games and the point-and-click stuff.

I dont know if there will be more course. GF/Nintendo may decide to add them in the future. Some people such as myself imported Japanese games, so can access the Japanese DW, and so can access things like the Pokemon Cafe. Also Im sure Pokesav/AR could be used.

My Munna skin promotion never registered :(
It just doesn't appear in the list of promotions at all and when I tried sending them an e-mail they said the e-mail support was only to help people for whom logging in doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem/managed to fix it?

PS At least I got my Vaporeon

I think the "Dream World" is cool but why is it you can only send one wished pokemon at a time. I mean, how many times have you guys wanders through the dream forest and you ran into more that one pokemon that you wanted to send to Enternalink? But you can only send one?You can send tons of items but you can only wish for one, you can only get one pokemon. That is lame. And then your only allowed on for no more than an hour, which isn't too much a problem. The problem comes in when i can't access the place for 24hours! >_<:conangry: Hate:conangry:!>_< The dream world is cool and all, the fact that you can get pokemon with cool abilities that they don't have in the game and finding cool items is also nice, BUT! The one poke at a time and 24 hour wait makes me dislike using it.

My Munna skin promotion never registered :(
It just doesn't appear in the list of promotions at all and when I tried sending them an e-mail they said the e-mail support was only to help people for whom logging in doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem/managed to fix it?

PS At least I got my Vaporeon
Gotta make sure you are completely logged in because the sessions expire pretty fast. Refreshing might help too. I think I briefly remember one time it didn't show up for me but I went back to the home page and visited the Promotions page again.

Okay, I've done it just now. The promotion did not show up at all when I was logged off but when I head back to the home page and logged in... it showed up. See if that works out for you.

I think the "Dream World" is cool but why is it you can only send one wished pokemon at a time. I mean, how many times have you guys wanders through the dream forest and you ran into more that one pokemon that you wanted to send to Enternalink? But you can only send one?You can send tons of items but you can only wish for one, you can only get one pokemon. That is lame. And then your only allowed on for no more than an hour, which isn't too much a problem. The problem comes in when i can't access the place for 24hours! >_<:conangry: Hate:conangry:!>_< The dream world is cool and all, the fact that you can get pokemon with cool abilities that they don't have in the game and finding cool items is also nice, BUT! The one poke at a time and 24 hour wait makes me dislike using it.
To expand upon this, I personally believe that the Dream World could do better. But I will first address this. One of the main purposes of the Dream World is to earn Dream Points, which are used to redeem for unlockable features (such as new garden beds, new courses or new Pokémon/items in the same courses). Playing the mini-games and befriending the Pokémon along the way is the main method of earning Dream Points and how many points you earn depend on how well you did on the games. You can also earn Dream Points from watering other people's gardens or picking your own berries. Probably the main reason why you are limited to sending back only one Pokémon at a time is because it will make it way too easy for you to be collecting everything that the Dream World has to offer, before you quickly abandon it within a week. You see my point here?

And the 24 hour thing is probably as how Neoflare mentioned it: lots of people come on and limits were placed to make sure the Dream World is running at a decent speed and doesn't lag and waste time for everybody. It will force people to use the Dream World only once a day. However, we are not even at the bad part yet. Sometimes in your game, you will not be able to use Game Sync because your C-gear "has run out of energy and needs one day to recharge". So not only there are these 24 hour interval times and a one-hour usage, there are days when you will not be able to access the Dream World at all! It is pretty annoying, especially when these recharge times take much longer than a whole day (I use two DS's by the way and sometimes I switch between, which disables the charging time).

But anyways, I do have some rants of my own. The Dream World overall is repetitive. Yes, you only spend one hour every 24 hours on it but there is not too much to do. It is the only place to grow berries, and I guess I'm fine with that... And while it is nice you can befriend some people to help you raise your garden, well... you don't really know these people at all. I pretty much hold zero interaction with all I "befriended" so other than finding people I can cooperate with just clicking on their gardens... there is not much of a point to this. I also find Dream Island to be a bit shallow. The main part of it is just a point-and-click type of theme where you choose different paths (and it hardly matters which one you take) and you will either find items, find Pokémon or find nothing at all. When you find Pokémon, you are given a choice to play a mini-game with them and earning enough points on those mini-games get you Dream Points. Whichever mini-game you play is pure random.

Now the mini-games is what I have a problem with for the most part. They are not too interesting and they get old really fast. There is a Pelipper flying game where you collect water symbols and dodge lightning symbols and clouds; I find this game's controls to be really stiff, even if you are moving at max speed. The fastest time I got in this game was a remainder of 53 seconds, and almost always I finished with a remaining 52 seconds. There is the ice cream game, which is simple once you know how to do it. Get different flavors on the bowl, make the size of the scoops exactly as how the "bite-size" scale describes it, and gain some height for it. There is a little trick where if you want a scoop of ice cream to stick immediately, you get another quick scoop and release at the VERY FRONT of the scoop you want to stick. I am not sure if that is a glitch or it's intentional, but it helped me go over 160 inches before. There is a game where you play as Wailord and launch Pokémon to hit balls in a similar manner to Breakout! I kinda hate this one because the Wailord moves so sluggishly and the balls just appear and disappear whenever they want, making it extra hard to not drop any of the Pokémon into the water. And finally, here's the worse one of all: a point-and-click game where you have to find a specific Pokémon. This game is flawed for one reason: if you find an area that sparkles, it's an item left behind by the Pokémon you are looking for. It is GUARANTEED that the Pokémon will be within two screens of that item, so the "listen carefully" button is pretty useless. Sounds fun, huh?

This sounds like a bunch of complaints but they are mostly observations. I actually liked the idea of the Dream World; you go on the Internet and play, then you get to transfer free stuff from the Internet to your DS! That idea is awesome. But personally, I think it could've been better. There is really not much to do once you mastered the mini-games, unless you want to get 10,000 Dream Points, unlock all current functions and get all the decorations for your Dream House. Whenever I come on and decided to use up my full hour, I always turn off the music and turn on my playlists (I just don't like the redundant music of the Dream World). I play through all the mini-games as many as I could complete in one hour to get Dream Points, but I always end up getting bored. In other days, I just stop by to water my berries or plant new ones while watering other people's gardens. But yeah, I let this all out and really most people know how it works by now. I just have to clarify why I think the Dream World isn't that too awesome.

Last edited:
I'm having a bad day in the Dream World. I haven't gotten any high scores on in the minigames and now a loading screen froze. If I exit out I'll wake up my Pokemon, and I didn't even get a full 10 mins in! :-(

How can i catch a Drought Vulpix in the Dream World?

How can i catch a Drought Vulpix in the Dream World?
Once you have obtained more than 10,000 Dream Points, the wild Pokémon you can encounter in the courses will change; Vulpix will be added to the Pleasant Forest course.

DW Poliwag! Finally!

It's a guy, but I don't care. Drizzle Politoed, here I come!

My English Dream World session last night was fun. I managed to tuck in a Pokemon in record time, which allowed me to roam around the Dream World a bit longer. I found 10 Pokemon, but one of them was a DW Horsea that I played the Sky Race game for. I almost lost that one since I kept crashing into lightning orbs, but I beat that and kept the Horsea. I watered 15 dry berries and then I harvested some of my own. I planted EV reducing berries just so that I could get more.

Once again I tried and failed to get the female Eevee in the Japanese Dream World. I almost got kicked out too for going over my time. I found 2 Eevee one of them was Male and the other one I lost. That game is really frustrating, is there a trick to it? I have to wait until tomorrow now. I really need that Eevee.

^this, I need to get on the dream world with my white. I started over that game so does that mean that my game-sync has changed?? probably so...
Yes. You'll probably need to make a new account I believe, since I don't think there's a way to delete a Game Sync ID once you've set it.
There is the ice cream game, which is simple once you know how to do it. Get different flavors on the bowl, make the size of the scoops exactly as how the "bite-size" scale describes it, and gain some height for it. There is a little trick where if you want a scoop of ice cream to stick immediately, you get another quick scoop and release at the VERY FRONT of the scoop you want to stick. I am not sure if that is a glitch or it's intentional, but it helped me go over 160 inches before.
The guide shows someone placing scoops at scoops, so I guess it's not a glitch...
This game is flawed for one reason: if you find an area that sparkles, it's an item left behind by the Pokémon you are looking for. It is GUARANTEED that the Pokémon will be within two screens of that item, so the "listen carefully" button is pretty useless. Sounds fun, huh?
Pretty much. The guide does suggest a way to use it usefully. To find the berry and then go one step from it and Listen. That way, you can tell if the berry's on the side you're on or the other side, depending on the reply. Though often even that just slows you down...
Once again I tried and failed to get the female Eevee in the Japanese Dream World. I almost got kicked out too for going over my time. I found 2 Eevee one of them was Male and the other one I lost. That game is really frustrating, is there a trick to it? I have to wait until tomorrow now. I really need that Eevee.
Just go slowly, even just take two drinks at a time and you'll easily clear it. You only need to serve four drinks to win.

My exploits in the Dream World today: 1290 points, yeah! Don't ask how. ;o

DW is so boring now, I keep forgetting to pick up my berries, and now I've noticed nobody visits my Dream Isle anymore.
i'm currently at almost 20K DW points, bought mostly everything there is to be bought, collected every item thats worth finding, and all thats left now is to either find one of every dw pokemon, or buy that log cabin that i dont like (i skipped it and bought the modern house).

not to mention, when i'm playing the find a pokemon mini-game, i forget i'm playing a game and leisurely stroll through the course until i remember what i'm doing lol i need to stop spacing out :p
so ya, talk to me about boring :I

I'm having a bad day in the Dream World. I haven't gotten any high scores on in the minigames and now a loading screen froze. If I exit out I'll wake up my Pokemon, and I didn't even get a full 10 mins in! :-(

the other day the dw kept freezing for me :/ the music was skipping and the loading screens went on forever or had errors and kicked me out :/ what's up with that??

My exploits in the Dream World today: 1290 points, yeah! Don't ask how. ;o

holy cow man!
the most i've ever had was like 4-5 pages worth of pokemon xD i have since stopped trying for more dw points since there's no point now :/

Back
Top Bottom