• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Sports Thread

A record 4th straight title for Bayern, and a 5th straight title for player Arturo Vidal, who spent the last 4 seasons at Juventus in Serie A

The Penguins just HAD to have their worst game of this series in game 5... I'm not blaming Murray either, he (mostly) did his job. I'd say there was only one goal he really should have prevented. The rest of his guys just kept leaving him high and dry. Coach Sullivan needs to tell them to get their crap together and finish this tomorrow night. Pens fans really don't want a repeat of the crap from the past three years or so (taking a 3-1 series lead and then losing the next three games to lose the whole series).

And these guys should've known that the Capitals would be in desperation mode. The Pens should've played as if they were desperate themselves.

Steph is the unanimous MVP. Something Shaq and LeBron just missed and something Jordan and Wilt have never done.

Okay, that was the WORST 3rd period I ever saw the Penguins play last night and they had absolutely NO business letting this game to into OT...

BUT THEY STILL WON AND ARE GOING TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS, WOOT!!

They just better not EVER play like that 3rd period again. Christ, that was just awful.

And the Penguins are IN THE STANLEY CUP FINAL! WOOO!! YOU GO, BOYS!! The Sharks are the other team in it. They seem to have slightly higher stats, but this was the case with the Capitals and Lightning as well, and the Penguins knocked them out! BRING THE CUP TO THE BURGH!

So Cavs v. Warriors should be fun. Though I think Cavs are going to be worse off with Love and Irving on the floor together. Defensively they are not good and they will get destroyed in the pick and roll.

Game 1 is in the bag, now the Pens gotta get game 2 tonight! 1 down, 3 to go! I know they can do it! The Sharks look like they had some first time jitters lol (this is their very first trip to the Stanley Cup final)

And meanwhile, this is the Penguins' third trip in nine years. :D

COPA AMERICAS TIME TOMORROW.

I have no team in this since I'm not American or South American. Euros though I'm supporting my place of birth.

PENS GOT GAME 2 IN OT, WOOT. There's little chance the Sharks can get the cup now! Still a chance, yes, but not a big one at all. Teams that go up 2-0 in a Stanley Cup final series win the cup 90% of the time. The Sharks have never won a series while down 2-0. The Pens have to win on the road now (first two games were in Pittsburgh, now they take the battle to San Jose), and they've been a great road team (almost better than they are at home lol). Odds are definitely in our favor!

...Wow, does that batter have serious anger problems or something? And the crowd is just as bad for cheering and encouraging this assault. For all this guy knew, the pitcher didn't at all mean to hit him.

Anyway, PENGUINS ARE ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE CUP NOW, WOOOO!!

...Wow, does that batter have serious anger problems or something? And the crowd is just as bad for cheering and encouraging this assault. For all this guy knew, the pitcher didn't at all mean to hit him.

Anyway, PENGUINS ARE ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE CUP NOW, WOOOO!!

Pitcher meant to hit him. They have a past history. Machado is well within his rights according to the unwritten rules of baseball. They'll both be suspended, the pitcher for five games (means he'll miss one start), Machado for six or seven (which tanks my fantasy baseball team but whatever).

And the penguins look really good. Was pulling for the Sharks because of Jumbo Joe (ex Bruin, would have been nice to see him win the cup). The Pens just look so dominant though.

Oh, well, in that case, I guess it IS understandable that the batter would attack him. But I still think it could've been better handled.

And I know! I don't think anyone expected the Penguins to be where they're at now when the season was beginning. Then coach Sullivan was hired and he turned this squad into champions so far! Also, I REALLY want these guys to wrap it up tomorrow because no Pittsburgh team has won a championship at home since the 1960 Pirates. Meaning none of the Penguins' three Stanley Cup championships were won at Consol Energy Center! That's crazy! This place needs a cup won at it and the Pens can do it tomorrow!

The European championsship in football starts very soon. I am very excited for it. Because for the first time ever, my home country Iceland, is participating in a major tournament.

My prediction is that the final will be between Iceland and France. At the 70 minute Eidur Smári Gudjohnsen gets substituted on at the score 0-0. He then proceeds to run past the entire french team, and secure a small 14-0 victory. Gudjohnsen will win the golden boot with 31 goals. The team of the tournament will consist of ten Icelandic players, and Joe Allen(The Welsh Pirlo).

I know my prediction is boring, and doesn't take alot of risk, but this genuinely what I think will happen.(y)

As someone with major French and Austrian ties, I hope both teams do well.

France starting XI - 4-3-3

Lloris
Evra, Koscielny, Rami, Sanga
Pogba, Kante, Matuidi
Payet, Giroud, Griezmann

So Keen

THE PENGUINS ARE YOUR STANLEY CUP CHAMPIOOOOONS!! WOOO YEAH!!

Though I still really wish they could've won it at home (since none of their cups were won at home...). But a championship is a championship! I've already ordered the t-shirt. :D

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom