• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Sports Thread

My Heat got the Spurs tonight. Got a feeling Chalmers is gonna hit his stride tonight after such a poor showing these first 3 games. But if he's a no-show, put in Toney Douglas. A Cole-Douglas backcourt tandem could at least bring back some of that defensive intensity that's been missing for so much of the year.

Surprise surprise the fix was in for Brazil. I am so, so surprised that such a thing would happen in a FIFA sanctioned event. That being said, I'm excited for the games, especially the Yanks.

On the NBA, go Spurs. But I think most of you already know how I feel about the Heat (along with LeBum, even if I hate Wade more for being a dirty player). They seem to have adjusted to the lessons learned from last years Finals well, now it is Miami's turn to adjust right back. I think they will and this will go seven.

Douglas isn't that great. Play LeBron as a point forward if Chalmers fails with Bosh, Wade, Rashard and Allen. If go big slot out Allen for Andersen.

Anyway WC started and Brazil won 3-1. Croatia didn't have the firepower but Brazil's defense was average at best. I love David Luiz but he just goes all over the place. Penalty was not one but as a defender tugging on a striker's shirt is daring the ref to call it.

Hats off to the Spurs. Dominated two consecutive games on the road from wire-to-wire. Leonard is a beast.

Got to love a tactically inept game with rain and very tight offside rulings. Amazingly like fun.

Scandalous.

hard to tell if mexico was actually offsides because I'm watching on a corner of my laptop screen while I'm supposed to be working. Care to give me some input @Lyrebird because I don't want to make fun of more shitty officiating if they were the right calls.

First one was very tight. Second call was pretty iffy, was very inconclusive. Third one very obviously offside.

The third one I could see real clear haha. But yeah, I suppose I'll give the officials a pass for this one. Even if the tactics suck, I'm still getting pulled into the game.

Mexico definitely has the better of it so far, but no goals to show for it.

What a fucking goal by van Persie and the Netherlands. Wow.

I thought RVP was going to take the ball down on his chest, but nope, he flew and executed a perfect HEADBUTT. It was super effective.

That it is. RvP with the brace.

If things go like this for the players I wear jerseys for on game day, you'll be seeing Wayne Rooney win the Golden Boot, an England v USA final with Clint Dempsey scoring the cup winner.

Strangely, I am okay with all of this.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom