• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The glitch Pokémon known as ?

thesmartwaterbear

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I am trying to access ? on Pokémon Emerald. Are there any ways to make it appear in battle without cheat codes/devices?

Last edited:
The only way you can see ? in Emerald legitimately is by following the steps of the Glitzer Popping glitch and hatching one yourself. That in turn might also require understanding some complicated stuff like data substructures, but there are plenty of guides and calculators out there that you can check out if you get stuck.

In this case, I'm pretty sure the permuted data would need to have a value between 252-276, since those are the index numbers used by ?.

The only way you can see ? in Emerald legitimately is by following the steps of the Glitzer Popping glitch and hatching one yourself. That in turn might also require understanding some complicated stuff like data substructures, but there are plenty of guides and calculators out there that you can check out if you get stuck.

In this case, I'm pretty sure the permuted data would need to have a value between 252-276, since those are the index numbers used by ?.
Give me a step-by-step manual, please.

Give me a step-by-step manual, please.
In lieu of that (it's a bit of a complicated thing and others may not want to spend so much of their time documenting this specifically), this video might serve you nicely on your journey to doing so!(^.^)/~~~

And then maybe you'll be able to create a step-by-step manual for anyone who's interested in this glitch, too...?

Be warned that the tool shown at around 7 minutes in the video does not work when trying to find Glitch Pokémon, but at the very least this should be a (relatively speaking) good place for you to start with. Like Oki said above, you'll probably have to get studying on some pretty complex things, but the Substructure Organizer (in full) should help you get to where you need, I believe.

Good luck!

But... I have departed from Emerald and are now on Ruby. And the only known way ? can be found in Ruby is by cheating. Does it even have a cheat code, and what is it?

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom