• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Gen this is concerning: VI
Pokemon Species:Talonflame
Nickname: Embird
Ribbons: None
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Day-Care Couple
Level encountered: 1
OT: Jalen Duffie
Moves: Razor Wind, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck
Stats: 108/72/62/57/64/104

What I'm worried about is that it's at Lv. 35 and the EXP is exactly at the threshold and that it has no EVs at all.

Gen this is concerning: VI
Pokemon Species:Talonflame
Nickname: Embird
Ribbons: None
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Day-Care Couple
Level encountered: 1
OT: Jalen Duffie
Moves: Razor Wind, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck
Stats: 108/72/62/57/64/104

What I'm worried about is that it's at Lv. 35 and the EXP is exactly at the threshold and that it has no EVs at all.

It must have been given Rare Candies, which explains the lack of EVs. It should be okay.

Got a somewhat obvious one, but just want to be positive.
Pokemon: Aromatisse
Nickname: None
Nature: Calm
OT: Jacob
ID No: 12567
Ability: Healer
Shiny: No
Met: via GTS at level 26
Country of Origin: US
Date Met: 10/21/2050
What's your take on the pokémon?
EDIT:Memory girl at Anistar says Jacob caught the Aromatisse at "a riverside road".

Last edited:
EDIT:Memory girl at Anistar says Jacob caught the Aromatisse at "a riverside road".

The date met does not indicate a hacked mon. It takes the date the original trainer's system was set. Riverside road is Route 7, where its preevolution Spritzee is found in Y. If it is indeed met at level 26, then it's hacked.

The date met does not indicate a hacked mon. It takes the date the original trainer's system was set. Riverside road is Route 7, where its preevolution Spritzee is found in Y. If it is indeed met at level 26, then it's hacked.

Yep, met at Lvl. 26. Thank you for your help!

What does it mean if you are not allowed to trade a pokemon away?

It might have a Ribbon that prevents it from being traded on the GTS or Wonder Trade.
Oddly enough, I'm the proud owner of a level 100 shiny Suicune that I got from the Gen VI GTS that cannot be traded. I'm serious. Every time I try and send it along to someone, I'm told it can't be traded. Yet it was traded to me and not via Passer-by trade either. I'm really wondering about this thing.

It might have a Ribbon that prevents it from being traded on the GTS or Wonder Trade.
Oddly enough, I'm the proud owner of a level 100 shiny Suicune that I got from the Gen VI GTS that cannot be traded. I'm serious. Every time I try and send it along to someone, I'm told it can't be traded. Yet it was traded to me and not via Passer-by trade either. I'm really wondering about this thing.
The restrictions on what can and cannot be traded via GTS were tightened in some small way at some point and it impacted the status of these pokemon specifically - I, too, am stuck with a shiny beast (Raikou) that suddenly can't be traded.

The restrictions on what can and cannot be traded via GTS were tightened in some small way at some point and it impacted the status of these pokemon specifically - I, too, am stuck with a shiny beast (Raikou) that suddenly can't be traded.
Ah, I see. I'll hang on to it; if a Passer-by has a shiny Golurk that they're waving around, I may try and off-load it to them. But right now it'll stay in my Bank box.

Is there any way to get a legit shiny level 10 Pikachu in the Unova games (besides breeding)?

I just got one from Wonder Trade, and I'm inclined to think it isn't legit. It's in a Luxury Ball, so it can't be from the Dream World (even though it's the correct level). DW Pokemon are shiny-locked anyways, right? Also, do transferred Pokemon retain their hatched tag if they were bred in a previous generation? It just says it came from Unova through space and time to Kalos.

EDIT: Got another one from Unova...a shiny level 5 Eevee in a regular Poke Ball. Same location tag as Pikachu.

Last edited:
I have an event Celebi on Black 2, but Poketransporter won't accept it. Is anything wrong with it?:

Celebi
Level 50
OT: WIN2011
ID: 02211
Met At: Pokemon Event, Fateful Encounter
Nature: Sassy
Stats: 160/105/105/105/115/94
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Classic Ribbon

At a guess I'd say it has Max IVs, but I haven't calculated yet. What's the matter with it?

I have an event Celebi on Black 2, but Poketransporter won't accept it. Is anything wrong with it?:

Celebi
Level 50
OT: WIN2011
ID: 02211
Met At: Pokemon Event, Fateful Encounter
Nature: Sassy
Stats: 160/105/105/105/115/94
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Classic Ribbon

At a guess I'd say it has Max IVs, but I haven't calculated yet. What's the matter with it?

My guess is that it's the Classic Ribbon. Poke Transporter is notorious for refusing to transfer event Pokemon for some people, but not for others. Unfortunately there isn't any way to solve this at the moment.

Got a new one here:

Gardevoir
Female
Modest with Synchronize
Alert to Sounds
Level 45
Met: Link Trade at level 5
Shiny: Yes
Pokerus: Yes
OT: Diantha
ID No: 05720
Ball: Poke Ball

This seems to be the Ralts you get from Diantha post game, but I have no idea how it could be shiny. I would have thought that there would be a check on it. It was offered on the GTS for a level 91+ Giratina and came from Chile but she appears to be English. This is another one of those that I'll keep as a novelty; I have no intention of passing a potential hack to someone. (That and I think she'd be a better Mega Gardevoir than the one I already have; my current one is Jolly and has only so-so stats.)

Lemme go check:

Mewtwo
Genderless
Brave with Pressure
Somewhat vain
Level 100
Met: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region." In short, FRLG.
Pokerus: Oddly enough, no, but I got via WT.
OT: Kirin - Same as trainer who traded to me.
ID: 45838
Ball: Poké Ball
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

There's a chance that the trainer soft-reset to get it Shiny in FRLG, leveled it up, and taught it TMs. Then I saw the perfect IVs.

Got a new one here:

Gardevoir
Female
Modest with Synchronize
Alert to Sounds
Level 45
Met: Link Trade at level 5
Pokerus: Yes
OT: Diantha
ID No: 05720
Ball: Poke Ball

This seems to be the Ralts you get from Diantha post game, but I have no idea how it could be shiny. I would have thought that there would be a check on it. It was offered on the GTS for a level 91+ Giratina and came from Chile but she appears to be English. This is another one of those that I'll keep as a novelty; I have no intention of passing a potential hack to someone. (That and I think she'd be a better Mega Gardevoir than the one I already have; my current one is Jolly and has only so-so stats.)

Hacked. Diantha's ID number isn't 05720. It's 37110.

Someone traded me a Heatran with 5 perfect IVs a while ago, and, while I don't think I have anything to worry about, I've never done any trading with legendaries before this and I'm just kind of paranoid. The only opinion I've gotten so far on whether it's hacked is from the guy who traded it to me, so I guess I just want a second opinion.

Heatran
Male
Timid with Flash Fire
Mischievous
Level 100
Met: Travelled blah blah blah from the Unova Region.
Not shiny, but does have Pokerus.
OT: something korean
ID: 45234
Ball is a PokeBall.
Stats: 382/166/253/296/248/278

Lemme go check:

Mewtwo
Genderless
Brave with Pressure
Somewhat vain
Level 100
Met: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region." In short, FRLG.
Pokerus: Oddly enough, no, but I got via WT.
OT: Kirin - Same as trainer who traded to me.
ID: 45838
Ball: Poké Ball
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

There's a chance that the trainer soft-reset to get it Shiny in FRLG, leveled it up, and taught it TMs. Then I saw the perfect IVs.

Shiny with 6IVs from FRLG? It's most likely a hack. The odds of getting that legit would be in the trillionths.

Someone traded me a Heatran with 5 perfect IVs a while ago, and, while I don't think I have anything to worry about, I've never done any trading with legendaries before this and I'm just kind of paranoid. The only opinion I've gotten so far on whether it's hacked is from the guy who traded it to me, so I guess I just want a second opinion.

Heatran
Male
Timid with Flash Fire
Mischievous
Level 100
Met: Travelled blah blah blah from the Unova Region.
Not shiny, but does have Pokerus.
OT: something korean
ID: 45234
Ball is a PokeBall.
Stats: 382/166/253/296/248/278

Seems real to me.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom