• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Pokemon Species:Floatzel(Shiny)
Nickname:No
Ribbons:No
Ball:Masterball
Area encountered:Route 224
Level encountered:53
OT:ROUGE
Moves:Crunch,Agility, Whirlpool, and Razor Wind
Stats:HP:164
Attack: 139
Defense: 71
Sp. Atk.: 96
Sp. Def: 69
Speed: 127

Pokemon Species:Dialga(shiny)
Nickname:NxsWR xE
Ribbons:Sinnoh Champion Ribbon
Ball:Ultra Ball
Area encountered:Spear Pillar
Level encountered:47
OT:???z*
Moves:Overheat,Metal Claw, Dragon Claw and Roar of Time
Stats:HP: 203
Attack: 172
Defense: 160
Sp. Attack: 196
Sp. DEf: 127
Speed: 132
It's currentl at level 58. That's the level I got it from the gts

Last edited by a moderator:
Species: Meowth (Shiny)
Nickname: N/A
Ribbons: N/A
Ball: Quick Ball
Area encountered: Trophy Garden
Level encountered: 17
OT: Dawn
Moves: Bite, Fake Out, Fury Swipes, Screech
HP: 44
Attack: 22
Defense: 22
Sp. Atk.: 19
Sp. Def: 18
Speed: 37

I was doing a double wild Pokémon battle in the Eterna Forest in my Diamond version, and I had out my Empoleon, IceCream (Who was a Prinplup at the time), and Charap, my Chatot. After defeating the 1st wild Pokémon, Charap gained 5 levels in 10 seconds!!!!! I was like "WTF???". And seriously, it was THAT wierd. I'm still wondering if it's a random hack.

EDIT: Here are some things about Charap which are strangley... normal:

Gained at Jubelife city from a random in-game character
Power level in the mid 20's (After the huge level-up fiasco)
Knows 4 moves: Fly, Sing, Steel Wing, and Chatter.
Pokédex entry: normal
Sprite looks: normal
Cry: Normal

Plus, I gave Charap no Rare Candies or anything like that whatsoever at the time of the level-up-fast fiasco. What exactly happened?

So, does anyone think my Chatot's hacked at all?

It doesn't look hacked
If you got from your game, even an NPC, it's legit, chatot might of fought a high lev and took the exp prinplup fought for.

It doesn't look hacked
If you got from your game, even an NPC, it's legit, chatot might of fought a high lev and took the exp prinplup fought for.

Well, it doesn't LOOKED hacked, but I still don't know what caused the insta-level-up fiasco.

Could it be that Charap is hacked, and I don't even know it? :-|

If YOU received Charap, then it hasn't been hacked. Charap is obtained through an in-game trade, so it won't have your OT or ID; so it will gain more experience than your own Pokémon.

Pokemon Species: Octillery *shiny*
Nickname:none
Ribbons:none
Ball: Dive
Area encountered:Route 213
Level encountered:Lv 30
OT: Furret
Moves: Buddlebeam, focus energy, octazooka, Bullet seed
Stats: HP:88 Attack:74 Defense:64 Special Attack:74 Special Defense:53 Speed:33

Pokemon Species: Marill *shiny*
Nickname: none.
Ribbons:none.
Ball:Safari
Area encountered:Great Marsh
Level encountered: Level 23
OT:Furret
Moves:Water Gun, Rollout, Bubblebeam, Aqua ring
Stats: HP:69, Atk,:21, Def:35, Sp. Atk: 18, Sp. Def.:35 and speed:23

Last edited:
i have a gengar and don't know how to tell if it's a hacked pokemon.... can anyone help?

Just got this off the GTS for a male Drifblim...

Pokemon Species: Butterfree (shiny)
Nickname: BUTTERFREE
Ribbons: None
Ball: Ultra Ball
Area encountered: National Park
Level encountered: 10
Current level: 16
OT: ETHAN
Moves: Harden, Gust
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Strong willed
Stats: HP- 46, Attack- 20, Defense- 24, Sp. Attack- 28, Sp. Defense- 38, Speed- 25

Nothing screams fake. It *could've* been obtained using a "make wild Pokemon Shiny" code, but as far as its stats and such go, it looks legit.

Just got this off the GTS for a male Drifblim...

Pokemon Species: Butterfree (shiny)
Nickname: BUTTERFREE
Ribbons: None
Ball: Ultra Ball
Area encountered: National Park
Level encountered: 10
Current level: 16
OT: ETHAN
Moves: Harden, Gust
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Strong willed
Stats: HP- 46, Attack- 20, Defense- 24, Sp. Attack- 28, Sp. Defense- 38, Speed- 25

that SEAMS legit :)

bagon lv 1(pokeball)
nickname: bagon
naive nature
ot:lance
egg received from day care couple at:jun. 23, 2008
hatched at the fight area
ut
rage,dragondance,hydropump

That bagon is not hacked.
just sayin'
EDIT: what is the ID #?

no one makes it up, people do think its wrong.
basiclly, people on the forums think that a "project pokemon" pokemon, are hacked/ un accaptable.
it's been this way since i joined.
i got a VM saying that "Some people think that legal.exe is the final word."
basiclly, the Project pokemon one's could have some messed up thrash bytes or something.

Hi there, I joined because I have heard of claims that Mat's Pokemon are hacked originating from this forum, and I would like to sort this out.

I'm bringing the above quote from a trade thread so as to not clog up that trade thread.

I perform hack checking for PokemonGTS.com, and I find no fault in any of Mat's Pokemon. The hack checker(s) of PokeCommunity also do not appear to have any problems with the Pokemon, and the hack checker(s) of Pokemon Secure have also passed Mat's Pokemon.

I understand that some of Mat's Pokemon may be detected as hacked, namely a Togepi, Shellder, and Manaphy, due to problems during extraction from the game (Using PokeGen).

Besides those few Pokemon, there has been absolutely no discrepancies in Mat's Pokemon. As for Trash Bytes, they all check out fine.

I thus ask, is there a reason behind people considering Mat's Pokemon to be hacked? I have all of Mat's Pokemon on file, if needed to prove anything.

Thank you.

---------------
On a quick note,

bagon lv 1(pokeball)
nickname: bagon
naive nature
ot:lance
egg received from day care couple at:jun. 23, 2008
hatched at the fight area
ut
rage,dragondance,hydropump

Checksum 0x271
OT Lance/ID 40810/SID 34256
Appears to be legit.

Last edited:
the logical answer is that any pokemon file that has come from a source other than an official nintendo cartridge is deemed a hack - i understand many people are fine with this & like to burble on about how it's all the same blah blah blah but it's not the same & they are hacks

they may be "legal hacks" as hackers like to call it but they're still hacks

Mat's Pokemon are RNGed. They are not made in PokeSav, PokeGen, or any other 3rd Party Application. They are also not created using any 3rd Party Device (Action Replay). As per Tsath/PP.org's definition,

* Legal (Valid) Pokémon are able to exist naturally in the game without the use of external devices.
* Illegal Pokémon are not able to exist naturally in the game without the use of external devices.
* Legitimate (Legit) Pokémon are created without the use of external devices. Because all of these Pokémon are also able to exist naturally in the game, legitimate Pokémon are a subset of legal Pokémon.

Therefore, because Mat's Pokemon are created in-game, they should be legit.

I can vouch that Mat's Pokemon are RNGed and not Sav'd, or whatever you want to call it. We've been working together for quite some time now, and I would actually think he RNGs faster than one can hack. As for the cartridges he owns, I'm quite sure that Mat uses an official Nintendo cartridge, and not a bootleg one. On a quick note, catching a Pokemon on an official Nintendo cartridge and catching a Pokemon on a 100% clean ROM would result in a legit Pokemon, since they are both within the game without external influence.

Last edited:
wow dude way to go missing the point...

if they are distributed via an external program they are hacks regardless of where they originated or how "legit" they look

legal: matches in-game game parameters (applies to legit & hacked pokemon)
illegal: doesn't play by in-game rules
legit: hasn't been messed with at all

legit pokemon have been extracted from the game to an external device & redistributed from that by your own admission - ergo distributing via some two bit website can make them "legal hacks" at best - not legit (regardless of how you try to sugar coat it)

also ROM's are illegal & the discussion of them is banned here as far as i know

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom