• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

I found a thread on /vp/ earlier today where a guy had set up some sort of WiFi Over My Head stuff. Logged on to GTS and would receive a random or an event Pokemon.

It's a GTS distribution. It is most likely a legitimate pokemon. These must be turned into .pkm files in order to be distributed in this manner though. Some people feel that this makes it illegitimate, most don't have an issue with it though. Just specify where it came from and you should be fine.

@It's Super Effective
You're correct, Korean characters aren't displayed on English games. Pokesav is doubtful here. What makes it valuable is that it's an event. I don't think Pokesav can read them either, therefore it couldn't be edited to that OT or name. This is not to say that it couldn't have been used as a transfer medium.

@Empoleon3
The ball was almost assuredly hacked. No one would waste a masterball on a Gible otherwise. The pokemon, however, seems to be legitimate. You failed to mention its current level, but the location, catch level, moves, etc. are all legitimate. The stats seem to fall into a normal range, but I was making an assumption about its current level.

Last edited:
Back again.

I received some Eggs at random, their names are in Japanese (and vary between themselves) and they seem to be holding items. I looked up what 'Bad EGG' was in Japanese and none of the characters match up, but I'm really worried. The descriptions say they're from events (Pokemon Center, Pokemon Event, and PC Yokohama) so I'm wondering if they're event Pokemon but the data was messed up somehow. I don't have an AR or anything to try to delete them, and I really don't want to hatch them.

What can I do? Is there anyone I can contact and ask if they'll take them for deletion?

EDIT: Problem solved; found someone to take the Eggs for me.

Last edited:
The eggs have hold items, but aren't named "BAD EGG"? If so, it's most likely a badly extracted event Pokemon. I'd suggest you release them as soon as possible. If you have an Action Replay, I can provide you with codes to delete them.

The eggs have hold items, but aren't named "BAD EGG"? If so, it's most likely a badly extracted event Pokemon. I'd suggest you release them as soon as possible. If you have an Action Replay, I can provide you with codes to delete them.

I don't have an Action Replay, and I've tried releasing them and it just tells me I can't release an Egg. This is why I'm asking if I can trade these to anyone who can get rid of them for me. :<

I heve being trading here for a while now...and yesterday I coulnt upload a video where I was using pokemons I got here.....this made me realize I havent check alll the others pokemonz I got....short story: would someone here be able to check if my pokemon are hacked.... it will be really appreciated....anyone interested plz PM me....

I heve being trading here for a while now...and yesterday I coulnt upload a video where I was using pokemons I got here.....this made me realize I havent check alll the others pokemonz I got....short story: would someone here be able to check if my pokemon are hacked.... it will be really appreciated....anyone interested plz PM me....

PMed.
Unable to help due to technical problems.

Last edited:
I wanted someone to check my Shiny Hoothoot for me that I got in a trade last night. It looks okay to me but I'm not good with checking out stats.

Level 2
Bold nature
Scatters things often.
Likes sour food.

Here are the stats.
HP 14
Attack 5
Defense 6
Special Attack 6
Special Defense 7
Speed 7

Ability: Keen Eye
Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Foresight

I know the location is okay so I won't be mentioning that.

Thanks ReignOfComputer but I'm not interested in that method. I just wanted someone to check out my Shiny Hoothoot's Stats. My Shiny Hoothoot looks okay though since it was able to be included in an uploaded Battle Video though so I'm assuming it's legit.

Thanks ReignOfComputer but I'm not interested in that method. I just wanted someone to check out my Shiny Hoothoot's Stats. My Shiny Hoothoot looks okay though since it was able to be included in an uploaded Battle Video though so I'm assuming it's legit.

All of the info looks fine.
The stats makes it legal, but it doesn't really say whether it's a hack or not. For that you have to be able to view information in the pokemon's code. It is still possible that someone just used an AR with a shiny encounter code. (I assume those exist since they used to in previous generations)

they do, and due to the way it works you won't know whether that's the case or not until someone can look at it outside the game.

If a .pkm file came up with an invalid gender check on Sabresite's legal checker, is it hacked? I got it from the Make a Wish GTS website. >.>;

Pokemon: Scyther
OT: Wish
ID: 07898
SID: 56482
PID: 630908903
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Date: 12-5-10
Ability: Swarm
Item: Pomeg Berry
FE: No
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
EVs: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
Stats: 12, 7, 6, 7, 5, 6

As posted with the results of your Pokemon back at The Global Terminal,

Failing Gender Check = PID is generated = Pokemon is hacked.

yeah, that PID is male. i can't say i'm surprised that that make a wish thing is giving out hacked stuff. that's not something you can make a mistake on/accidentally break via pokegen b15, either.

emailed the trainer at the Make a Wish pokemon gts about her pokes.

This is my original email and her first and second replies:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:19:28 -0500, EngSpringer wrote:

> Some very disturbing questions have arisen as to the legitamacy of your pokemon.
>
> Please see the following forum references:
>
> http://www.pokemonsecure.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=
>
> and
>
> http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?p=2672284
>
> Are all of your pokemon's PIDs altered and if not which are?

from Make a Wish GTS <[email protected]>
reply to EngSpringer
date Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Yes, the PIDs are mostly altered, with different Pokemon being bred to Shiny and their PID used for the species I want to be Shiny. Someone has mailed me about this already, it seems like I overlooked something.
That info may be disappointing for you (and others) that data is being altered in the pkm files, but I can at least promise you the gender is properly set.
Will be fixed for all files until Thursday.

Eefi
from Make a Wish GTS <[email protected]>
reply-
to EngSpringer
date Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM
subject Re: Are your pokemon hacked
Issue has been fixed.

Eefi

:eh: Anyone like to make an attempt to explain what she's talking about?

It means that the Pokemon are hacked. She's altering the Pokemon data.

Oh, I understand that. But exactly does she think she is going to fix it? :dodgy: I mean, she's not going to RNG those pokemon in one day, which means they stay hacked.

Ah well :idea: time to try and learn to do this myself.

I doubt she's going to start getting legit Pokemon. I'm quite sure all the Pokemon in her site are hacks, although some pass legal checks.

Edit: I've emailed the owners of "Make a Wish GTS".

Last edited:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2wqe7m0.jpg

Is this hacked or not? I hope it's not cuz I love her. >w<

how can it be from a cherish ball and caught in-game?(it has to be the in-game event shaymin) at the very least the ball is hacked.

Someone probably used that AR code for 990 of each ball and caught it with one you're not supposed to use for anything, because they're not normally obtainable. That kinda sucks.

Yes, the PIDs are mostly altered, with different Pokemon being bred to Shiny and their PID used for the species I want to be Shiny.

Eefi

this doesn't make sense in the least. if she knew enough to RNG(that is, in her words, "bred to shiny") then she knows to how to cover all the bases with gender, etc. that's really bad cover for straight up hacking, which is what she's doing.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom