• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I already have a Gallade I use for Battle Spot, but I'm thinking of breeding a shiny Ralts to see how the color is like when he Mega evolves :D (if he becomes something like Batman then omg) It's going to be a tough job trying to get a shiny Male Ralts specifically, though.

It's going to be a tough job trying to get a shiny Male Ralts specifically, though.

It took me long enough to breed a regular Male Ralts with its Hidden Ability, so I wish you look trying to hatch a shiny! It'll be worth it though, because I'm sure shiny Mega Gallade will look cool. My Hawlucha took ~1500 eggs to hatch a shiny (kill me) but it was worth it in the end (At least it did me the favour of hatching with perfect IVs barring Sp.Atk after all that.)

Speaking of shiny Megas, I wonder if Mega Altaria will keep its golden colour. Hopefully Mega Camerupt keeps its black colour, then it will look the colour of basalt like a true volcanic rock.

Mega Rayquaza (Almost) completely confirmed.

I was recently on the pokemon website when I realized that Pokemon.com had put this up:

"In the Hoenn region, there is a third legend whose name is spoken in the same breath as Groudon and Kyogre. That is the third Legendary Pokémon: Rayquaza.

A Pokémon said to have lived in the ozone layer for hundreds of millions of years, it looks like a shooting star as it flies through the night sky. According to legend, when Groudon and Kyogre clash, Rayquaza descends to the planet's surface."

Not much to base mega evolution on, but hang with me. it's what's said after that caught my attention. take a look:

"Rayquaza is said to be related to the mystery of Mega Evolution in some way."

Now, this may not look like much, but I'd say mega rayquaza (Or primal, or whatever greek letter you think he'll be) is basically confirmed. Any thoughts, arguements, design ideas you want to share can go here.

Re: Mega Rayquaza (Almost) completely confirmed.

There's no evidence whatsoever to indicate a Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion. If Delta Rayquaza is a thing, then that'll be cool. But for now, all we have is a guarantee that is has something to do with Mega Evolution. That doesn't mean it can Mega Evolve. Floette can't Mega Evolve, but AZ's Floette is the reason Mega Evolution exists in the first place. In that sense, it's related to Mega Evolution.

I'd just like to say that I think Mega Camerupt has one of the most hilarious designs in the series. I'm not a metagamer so I can't comment on how strong it is, but I LOVE the design.

I hope M-Gallade stats don't mirror M-Gardevoir stats, i hope it has at least 110 base Speed, 120 would be the best imo.

I hope M-Gallade stats don't mirror M-Gardevoir stats, i hope it has at least 110 base Speed, 120 would be the best imo.

It didn't mirror it with Pixilate so I'm hoping the same. The website suggests it'll be a fast hard hitter with low defenses so I'd think something like this would be ideal:

HP: 68
Atk: 185 (+60)
Def: 65
SpA: 85 (+20)
SpD: 95 (-20)
Spe: 120 (+40)

Useless 20+ boost in a stat it won't use because we know it's going to happen. I wanted to give it the same boost Heracross got for its attack to make up for the ability, but even just 175 would make it on par with LO-Gallade in terms of strength, but faster and no recoil.

The website suggests it'll be a fast hard hitter with low defenses so I'd think something like this would be ideal:

The official (English) website never stated that Mega Gallade would have lower defenses:

Its Attack and Speed stats improve, making this Pokemon likely to excel at first-strike strategies.

The official (English) website never stated that Mega Gallade would have lower defenses:

Its Attack and Speed stats improve, making this Pokemon likely to excel at first-strike strategies.

In fact, most Mega announcements have mentioned a boost from one or two stats, but end getting a boost in the majority if not all stats. Example, Mega Houndoom announcement mentions just Sp.Attack and Speed, but it gets a non-announced +10 in Sp.Defense and +40 in defense (a boost even bigger than the ones aforementioned, +30 in Sp.Attack, +20 in Speed)

M-Gallade mentioning just Attack and Speed, doesn't imply at all that it won't get improved defenses.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Only 4 More Mega Evolutions Left? + Rayquaza Screwup - YouTube
Apparently everyone glossed over this? Not the 4 more bit, but the fact that they basically confirmed what was obvious about Rayquaza.

Two months till the game comes out, Rayquaza is obvious they told us he holds a secret to mega evoltuion, anyone with doubts that it gets either a mega or a primal reversion right now is just crazy.

We got two more corocoro before the games come out and I'm hoping that we actually get some surprise Megas that aren't reveleaded before the games comes out.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Only 4 More Mega Evolutions Left? + Rayquaza Screwup - YouTube
Apparently everyone glossed over this? Not the 4 more bit, but the fact that they basically confirmed what was obvious about Rayquaza.

Two months till the game comes out, Rayquaza is obvious they told us he holds a secret to mega evoltuion, anyone with doubts that it gets either a mega or a primal reversion right now is just crazy.

We got two more corocoro before the games come out and I'm hoping that we actually get some surprise Megas that aren't reveleaded before the games comes out.

Like you said, they told us Rayquaza holds a secret of Mega Evolution, not has a Mega. Floette had a secret regarding Mega Evolution. AZ's journey to revive his Floette was the reason Mega Evolution came about. Floette cannot Mega Evolve. So while it's most likely that Rayquaza WILL have a Primal/Mega form, it's not guaranteed.

Like you said, they told us Rayquaza holds a secret of Mega Evolution, not has a Mega. Floette had a secret regarding Mega Evolution. AZ's journey to revive his Floette was the reason Mega Evolution came about. Floette cannot Mega Evolve. So while it's most likely that Rayquaza WILL have a Primal/Mega form, it's not guaranteed.

I know the connection between it and the Ultimate Weapon and Mega Evolution, but was it ever explicitly said that Floette had a secret to Mega Evolution?

The 4 more Megas bit could easily be Rayquaza and the Johto starters.

Rayquaza, who normally kept Groudon and Kyogre in check, now can't keep up with their Primal Reversions and now enlists the aid of a powerful Pokemon trainer. Something something working together, Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion through the power of FRIENDSHIP.

You should ignore the '4 more megas' for now. The official site has gone threw many phases of available slots for megas, and evert time more are revealed more slots blank slots are added. And if thats the attitude the Official Site takes, I wouldn't expect Get TV to have it anymore detailed.

You should ignore the '4 more megas' for now. The official site has gone threw many phases of available slots for megas, and evert time more are revealed more slots blank slots are added. And if thats the attitude the Official Site takes, I wouldn't expect Get TV to have it anymore detailed.

Ah, gotcha. Should have figured as much.

Back
Top Bottom