• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Not for me, I prefer letting the team move to a new trainer. Though since I've now learned how to EV train and IV breed, I don't really have a need for my old A-teams; they're obsolete. So now they were assimilated borg-style into my Living Pokedex, which I now use to pick out whatever pokemon I want to breed.

I can't fathom wanting to leave Pokemon behind in old games, and not just because I start new games on occasion. I still have a few Pokemon from my main Pearl team in rotation in Y, including my starter and the first wild Pokemon I caught in that game. Think I've even got some Sapphire and FireRed Pokemon in there. Heck, I'd still be using some of my old Blue and Silver teams if it were possible.

Each to their own, I guess. Certainly wouldn't have been happy if one of these mysterious Transporter errors had kept me from transferring them onward.

If I knew what happened to him, I'd want my first starter with me. Good old THE ORIGINL the swampert. The first pokemon I got in Emerald, the first pokemon I'd raised to level 100. Sadly though I seem to have misplaced him somewhere between Gen IV and V. For all I know he was deleted or traded over the GTS. I wish I had him back on my Y just for them feels.

I Love the whole thing. I think it's very fast and convenient. I like it. It let all of my Pokemon through, the only ones I'm missing now is Mew & Darkrai because I'm scared they will be rejected and the program will ban me. I don't know if they are legal. I got them in GenIV over the GTS.

I Love the whole thing. I think it's very fast and convenient. I like it. It let all of my Pokemon through, the only ones I'm missing now is Mew & Darkrai because I'm scared they will be rejected and the program will ban me. I don't know if they are legal. I got them in GenIV over the GTS.

The program doesn't ban you, it just prevents any pokemon it flags from being transported, and transports the rest.

I'm sure banning is, as always, a last resort that can only be imposed personally by a live system administrator.

On the other hand, it's always possible that PokeTransporter secretly records statistics of what Pokemon it blocked so GF can review it and improve their checks....

So I've discovered that White Kyurem (and presumably Black Kyurem by extension) cannot be stuck into a Bank box. I guess that's common sense, but it didn't occur to me to switch it back into Reshi/Kyurem until a couple tries of dropping a box of legendaries into Bank and then have it say "The Pokemon cannot be deposited." I had to go through and individually stick each Pokemon into the box until I discovered it was White Kyurem that was the one getting stuck.

Hello, I have a shiny Darkrai I created in Pokegen that SHOULD pass the Poke Transfer, but doesn't, to my utmost confusion.

Nicknamed 'Darkrai', PID matches ID, Ability, and SID, Lv. 40, Adamant nature, Bad Dreams Ability (1), US\UK\AU country, Platinum origin.
Black 2/White 2 is the Game, Location is ('Poketransfer'), Ultra Ball, Lv. 40, 8/3/2009 (the date of distribution of the Member Card), Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey tree/Shaymin, NO Fateful Encounter or As Egg
IVs: 26, 31, 21, 0, 8, 19, EVs: All 0 (no EV training), Hidden Power: Ground (36)
Knows Quick Attack, Hypnosis, Pursuit, Nightmare (Same as the Newmoon Island Darkrai)
OT ID: 47982 (My Platinum), SID: 8368 (Also my Platinum), OT: Trevor\FFFF\FFFF

Should I post a link to the .pkm file I have?

Still pretty new to all things Pokemon. I downloaded the Bank and I think I uploaded the few Pokes I've caught in Y, but didn't download the Transporter, so dear God I don't know what chaos has been caused now.

Putting Pokemon in the Bank takes away held items when transferring Pokemon between X and Y. I thought the Transporter would just take away items going from Gen V to VI. This is a huge shame, because I wanted to transfer my Mega Stones into X and play through with an all-Mega team. It looks like I'll just have to shell out for another 3DS XL to trade with myself.

Other than that, the apps are okay. Transferring was better than the stupid mini-games from the last gens, but the hold items really limits its uses for me. It also felt very clunky. I don't think I'll bother getting a subscription to it.

Still pretty new to all things Pokemon. I downloaded the Bank and I think I uploaded the few Pokes I've caught in Y, but didn't download the Transporter, so dear God I don't know what chaos has been caused now.

You only need Transporter for transferring Pokemon from the Gen V games (B/W/B2/W2) to X/Y. If you're just transferring between X and Y, then you don't really need Transporter.

So I sent over some Legends to try and yank down some shinies from the GTS.

Yeah, try trading a Deoxys. Go ahead and try. Read the lovely little message you'll get: "It's a special Pokemon. IT CAN'T BE TRADED!" Gen VI GTS apparently blocks trading the rarer Legends. I am now completely screwed in getting a damned Yveltal now. I pray that some of the lower end Legends can help me out somehow. But the e-peen waggling over shinies and Legendaries will still freaking continue and probably in a worse fashion than Gen V. Looks like I won't be quitting the GTS in Unova any time soon. I at least have a chance in yanking down something decent over there. :banghead:

Yes, I am severely disappointed. That is putting it very mildly.

On the bright spot, I can dump some excess stuff onto my copy of Y and clear some room for my shinies, so there's that. (Sorry consolation prize, I'll admit but still.)
On the bright side, only the GTS blocks them. You can still arrange private trades.

My impression has been that pokemon in Cherish Balls can't be uploaded to the GTS, specifically. Can anyone confirm/deny/amend that?
Error Code: 006-0501
Situation:

You were disconnected while using an online feature, such as Pokémon Bank.

What to Do:

If you receive this error code, please try again.

...-_- Any minute now...
This is an issue on your end. Either your internet connection is weak/overloaded or you need to adjust your DNS settings (which should be set to auto-obtain - if that isn't working, try setting them to Google's DNS)

It looks like I'll just have to shell out for another 3DS XL to trade with myself.
Or you could, you know, let someone you trust help you with transferring the stones...? Not that it's really my business but buying another console for such a small reason seems like an overkill. Heck, I can help you myself later if that works for you.

Last edited:
Or you could, you know, let someone you trust help you with transferring the stones...? Not that it's really my business but buying another console for such a small reason seems like an overkill. Heck, I can help you myself later if that works for you.
Thank you, that'd be cool! But I don't want to rely on people all the time, especially since I often need to trade in bulk and at all hours of the day. It'd get annoying. (Plus with another 3DS, I can let my sisters play games if they want.)

I also just traded a few more Pokemon to Gen V. Either there's some multiplication glitch or my memory is bad, because I had four more Darkrai than I thought I had. Also, my Meloetta and Mew didn't make it through, but luckily I don't need them to complete the National Dex.

Hello, I have a shiny Darkrai I created in Pokegen that SHOULD pass the Poke Transfer, but doesn't, to my utmost confusion.

Nicknamed 'Darkrai', PID matches ID, Ability, and SID, Lv. 40, Adamant nature, Bad Dreams Ability (1), US\UK\AU country, Platinum origin.
Black 2/White 2 is the Game, Location is ('Poketransfer'), Ultra Ball, Lv. 40, 8/3/2009 (the date of distribution of the Member Card), Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey tree/Shaymin, NO Fateful Encounter or As Egg
IVs: 26, 31, 21, 0, 8, 19, EVs: All 0 (no EV training), Hidden Power: Ground (36)
Knows Quick Attack, Hypnosis, Pursuit, Nightmare (Same as the Newmoon Island Darkrai)

If it was created in Pokegen then it's a fake, therefore it won't be allowed. Shouldn't be too surprising?

If it was created in Pokegen then it's a fake, therefore it won't be allowed. Shouldn't be too surprising?

Fakes get through all the time if they're convincing enough to be identical to a possibly-real thing.

Now then...I think the problem is that Darkrai isn't a fateful encounter, and the encounter should be "Tall Grass/DARKRAI" rather than "Egg/Pal Park/SHAYMIN"

Fakes get through all the time if they're convincing enough to be identical to a possibly-real thing.

Now then...I think the problem is that Darkrai isn't a fateful encounter, and the encounter should be "Tall Grass/DARKRAI" rather than "Egg/Pal Park/SHAYMIN"

Judging by a lot of the posts in this thread, I don't think it's accurate to say 'fakes get through all the time'. Besides, the fact is , it's a fake - therefore it can't be too confusing as the OP suggests. I accept that some fakes will be getting through but to be confused or surprised when the app actually does it's job and stops a fake getting through is misguided. That's all I was getting at. I guess as long as the owner never, ever puts it up for trade then it's not an issue.

Anyway, back on topic, I agree that the apps are a bit 'clunky' as some others have put it. Having to switch games so many times to transfer all my pokemon over was a drag but it's done now. I hope they offer some incentives for subscribers. I was really pleased to get Celebi, I had never had one :). Some more Pokemon and unusual little gifts would be a cool way to reward people for paying - those who choose to do so.

My impression has been that pokemon in Cherish Balls can't be uploaded to the GTS, specifically. Can anyone confirm/deny/amend that?
I've sent over three different Pokemon in Cherish Balls--all three were hacks--and they all got through. They passed Bank and if I tapped them to offer them on GTS, I had the option. Though it seems as though a lot of Pokemon who came from Johto automatically get blocked by Transporter. Two were blatantly hacked, as they were a Regigigas and an Arceus but the third was a Raikou and should have gone through. So very odd.

Clones will get through okay. I sent over several cloned Mew and all of them passed. I have to wonder about the hack checks that they have in place for this because they seem very arbitrary.

I finished my full transfer in a matter of 2 hours at most. All I transferred was Pokémon not found in XY and Friend Safari exclusives I cannot get. May transfer some specific Hidden Ability Pokémon and Legendaries later on. No idea why people call it clunky and tedious. I moved most things to my X version, which is an actual card, so I did the same process, and didn't find it tedious at all. Moving 30 in one go was infinitely better than moving only 6 at a time and having to play some dumb minigame on top of that, while wasting the battery of not one, but two DS's, or having to wait for days on end between each 6 Pokémon transfer.

Could not transfer some obvious hacks, but a Japanese shiny Ditto with 6IVs my girlfriend traded me did make it through. All the better for me, as IV breeding is way easier in 6th Gen. Now time to re-breed my team and train a few more! 8D

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom