• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

For eternal day/night argument.. the evil team could just be trying to stop the rotation of the planet. Moon themed team wants the side of the planet the region is on to never face the sun again, Sun themed team wants the region to always face the sun?

(I always liked Sailor Jupiter best she just looked cool.)

I want to see a more challenging game plan. Everything since Platinum is way to linear and boring. Make us work for those gyms, more locations, more rescue missions more everything, less driving on my bycle through the region. Island adventures, maybe firefighter training, maybe races/slides with the need for a special pokemon or move to enter those or something.

Being that this is Sun and Moon, there are SO many subtle things they can take advantage of regarding time of day~ What I want to see is the return of DP's mechanic of Pokemon appearing more or less frequently depending on the time. For example, Bug-types appearing more often in the morning and nocturnal-like Pokemon appearing more at night. It's just the small things that put that extra bit of emphasis on the fact that this game has some relation to the Sun and Moon/Day and Night.

Everything since Platinum is way to linear and boring. Make us work for those gyms, more locations, more rescue missions more everything...
On a tangent, if you're not allowed to go a particular direction due to whatever, I want the reason to be immediately apparent and intuitive. I don't want some lone NPC just standing in the way telling us we can't go this way and we just have to take their word for it....

Last edited:
Poké-amie returns
Pokéstar studios returns
Move-tutor moves return
Battle frontier returns
Berry trees
Walking Pokémon
Mega Arcanine & Mega Dragonite

Pokemon Amie
Trainer Customization
Female player characters who DON'T wear ridiculously skimpy outfits!
New Megas (Where's Mega Raichu?!)
A storyline similar to Black/White/B2/W2

Also something I just thought about: what if the player characters for Sun and Moon had different character designs per game? Like, in Sun they could look one way, and in Moon they'd have a totally different design. It'd be something different instead of just sticking to the same character models all the time per game!

I can't remember if I already said this or not, but I'm hoping for a lot of differences based on the version. XY felt pretty much the same to me. The only differences that blatantly stand out to me are obviously the main legendary and a bit of the surrounding plot, version exclusives (again obvious) and the mega stones available. With sun and moon being more opposite concepts (at least imo), I really hope there will be a lot version differences this time around not just solely related to the Pokemon themselves.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they went the Gen 5 route and altered locations based on which game you were playing, like a sun themed city in sun and and moon themed city for moon. Or maybe they could have version exclusive NPCs or different teams/designs for major characters. I just want to play these games and be able to say to myself "Ok, I'm definitely playing Sun version".

A small post game region called Paradise region which is made up of several islands.
Here are the islands:
  • Kan Island hosts rare Flying types with Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres in caves.
  • Joh Island hosts rare Fire, Electric and Water types with Raikou, Entei and Suicune in caves.
  • Hoenn Island which features rare Rock, Ice and Steel with Regirock, Regice and Registeel.
  • Sinn Island which features rare Psychic types with Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf in caves.
  • Uno Island which features rare Fighting types with Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion in caves
  • Kal Island which features rare Fairy, Dark and Dragon types with Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.
  • Rainbow Island which features rare Ground and Normal types and contains Latias, Latios, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus.
  • Ancient Island which contains Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon, Archen, Tirtouga, Tyrant, and Amaura

Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem are found across the main region from the rings that were in Hoenn.

Last edited:
Telling people to come back at a certain time for a plot-specific event is rather inconvenient though. Not everyone can just pick up the game and play at any hour. That sort of thing is better left for optional content.

You can change the time on your DS. Just saying. Many people do this for games that are tied to a real life clock, such as Animal Crossing, where everything is tied to the time.

You can change the time on your DS. Just saying. Many people do this for games that are tied to a real life clock, such as Animal Crossing, where everything is tied to the time.
Yes, I am aware of that. But there's people who prefer not to do that, especially when a lot of games now make you wait longer on events as punishment for changing the time. People still shouldn't be forced to wait or change their handheld's clock for a plot-based event. It's fine for optional events but not ones tied to the plot and game's progression.

Above all, I want to see a post-game revisit to Kalos, including some detailed cities and the Zygarde plot, which is not covered in any game so far (10% and 100% forms). Also new megas for the Kalos starters. In this way, all will be happy, even fans who are disappointed with the lack of a Kalos remake.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom