• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trademarks appear for "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala"

for a lion fire/fairy or fire/poison?
to counter dragons or the secondary type of a third legendary?
maybe ghost/flying will represent Moon?
What if we get a dragon/fighting legendary?
Would that make sense?

Last edited:
for a lion fire/fairy or fire/poison?
to counter dragons or the secondary type of a third legendary?
maybe ghost/flying will represent Moon?
What if we get a dragon/fighting legendary?
Would that make sense?
Fire/Poison would be intoxicating, but just like there being no Dark-type Gym Leader there hasn't ever been a Poison legendary.

Why do you think Ghost-type?

I'd rather have Dragon/Fighting for the pseudo-legendary.

I only speculate in this subject, they did give us pure fairy, dark/flying and dragon/ground last time.
Ghost/flying is for me the best type for Moon themed pokemon.

I really hope that Lunaala isn't Dark type due to representing the moon or night. We recently had Yveltal who is a Dark/Flying type.

I think Lunablahblah will be a pure fairy type. Wasn't the lore from Kanto that Clefairy gather under the full moon and do their dance? I'm sure GF will somehow tie the lore of Clefairy to this legendary.

I think Lunablahblah will be a pure fairy type. Wasn't the lore from Kanto that Clefairy gather under the full moon and do their dance? I'm sure GF will somehow tie the lore of Clefairy to this legendary.

That would be interesting, though Game Freak usually likes to keep each generation self-contained and with little to no ties to previous generations other than a few cameos and mentions here and there. Going by that logic though, shouldn't Cresselia have some tie-in to the Moon Legendary as well given how it's also moon-themed? What about Umbreon and Espeon and their ties with the day and night? I can go on forever with this.

To simplify things though, I highly doubt that the Moon Legendary will have any ties to previous Pokemon since like I stated, each generation is usually a self-contained story.

I would like to see a Fire/Psychic legendary for the Sun and a Fairy/Ghost legendary for the Moon. The third legendary might be pure Dragon or Dragon/Psychic.

That would be interesting, though Game Freak usually likes to keep each generation self-contained and with little to no ties to previous generations other than a few cameos and mentions here and there. Going by that logic though, shouldn't Cresselia have some tie-in to the Moon Legendary as well given how it's also moon-themed? What about Umbreon and Espeon and their ties with the day and night? I can go on forever with this.

To simplify things though, I highly doubt that the Moon Legendary will have any ties to previous Pokemon since like I stated, each generation is usually a self-contained story.

Umbreon and Espeon were actually the first two Pokemon I thought of when the games were announced. I was thinking more along the lines of subtlety when I submitted my post, something like a Pokedex entry mentioning something brief for either Clefairy or the Moon legendary. And yes, we could go on forever with it, but I think it's worth at least a few minutes of thought, because Game Freak really does have a lot of material to work with, even if they ultimiately don't. It gets me that much more excited for the games

What if all the Pokemon related to the sun is obtained in Sun and vice verse? This could be version exclusives.

I knew we'd be getting a Lion for the Sun! The Sun and Lions go hand in hand in symbolism!

I'm sure that there's been someone talking about what the name Lunaala already but I don't quite mind what it is. As long as it's moon themed I'm probably gonna love it anyway~

Though if they're not a fire lion and a water rabbit, I'll be slightly disappointed. Because Digimon fans would be up in arms about them ripping off Apollomon and Dianamon's evolution lines introduced in Dawn and Dusk even more than they already are. :p And I enjoy the angry flailings of silliness. (I also love Dawn and Dusk, lol)

omg if it is a heavenly lion I might have to rethink getting the moon version. I really hope that legendary of moon is greater because I want to have the moon version hehe

I really hoped that Game Freak would not add a third legendary connected to the box legendaries this time around since we all know that Game Freak shoved Zygarde aside, and I'm afraid that Marshadow will end up getting the same treatment due to Game Freak feeling regional revisits are too predictable now. However, its name and the possible eclipse theme are seemingly confirming my fears of yet another seemingly connected legendary that will just get shoved aside again.

Yet, there is one thing that Game Freak could do to avoid another Zygarde situation: What if Marshadow's relation with the box legends is the opposite situation of the Trio Master pattern we've had for awhile?

Basically, I'm suggesting that the relationship between Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Marshadow could be the inverse of that Rayquaza has with Groudon and Kyogre: Marshadow needs to be contained by Solgaleo and Lunaala, thus justifying it being weaker than the mascots. After all, eclipses in fiction tend to be used for negative supernatural shenanigans. Plus, an antagonistic third legendary in the trio would not only be something different from the norm, but this set up would also justify not having a Pokémon Eclipse version to compliment Sun and Moon! If Solgaleo and Lunaala have to be in a trio, then this is what I want from it!

and I'm afraid that Marshadow will end up getting the same treatment due to Game Freak feeling regional revisits are too predictable now.
When did Marshadow became the alleged third legendary? I'm genuinely curious. There's nothing that indicates that it is.

When did Marshadow became the alleged third legendary? I'm genuinely curious. There's nothing that indicates that it is.
It's not confirmed, but a lot of people seem to be jumping on that bandwagon due to a high probability of its name being tying it to an eclipse. I'm just saying that IF this turns out to be the case, I don't want GF to repeat the Zygarde fiasco. Also, there is more to my post than just complaining about Marshadow being the next Zygarde.

As I said in my previous post possibly being the one needed to be kept in check unlike Rayquaza keeping the other two legends of its trio in check. Marshadow being the antagonistic force that Solgaleo and Lunaala contain would not only eliminate the need for a third version lore-wise, but it's also something that the Pokémon main series games has never done before.

Is the supposed tiny pinch of Zygarde salt in there really that hindering to the rest of my post? If so, then I'll remove the part about my complaint, especially since we know nothing about these legendaries yet. Just let me know, okay?

due to Game Freak feeling regional revisits are too predictable now.
Huh what? They never said that regional revisits are too prefictable. For BW2, they said they wanted to make sequels instead of a "grey" version for the surprise factor, and for xy, they said that they would never have an "xy2" or "Z" for being too predictable. Just because gen 6 didn't a sequel/third version/whatever doesn't mean that they decided to stop making them for good.

I do like the idea of an antagonistic third Legendary. Giratina kinda served that role, but it was't emphasised that much in the games. They very rarely make a Pokémon out to be evil by nature. Heck, even Darkrai, the Pokémon responsible for giving you nightmares, was a nice guy in the movie.

I think if there was an eclipse-themed legendary, its name would incorporate eclipse somewhere. "Shadow" is too broad of a description.

If I had to guess, I would go with "ala" being a reference or corruption of Allah.
Here is why, if we take that science vs faith is the central theme of these games then Allah would be a great and plausible take on Ala. Allah would basically serve a double meaning. first it is the name of the Islamic version of the Abrahamic god and second the word itself literally means god in Arabic. So even non-muslim Arabs would still say Allah to refer to any god. Aside from this, The logo of moon clearly resembles the crescent and star symbol of Islam. This whole thing would give "moon" a great religious/ mystic feel.

In regards to sun, Galileo being the epitome of science revolution against church/ relgion is pretty self-explanatory.

So basically, these games would celebrate the co-existence of science and faith. Same way humans can't live with either the sun or the moon alone.

Edit: And Lion is supposed to be a biblical symbol of the anti-Christ if Im not mistaken. Islam also has the figure of the anti-Christ in its teaching.

Edit2: Al-mi'raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This could probably serve as a reference for the moon mascot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom