• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997 - 2010 Vol. 2

Re: Even more BGM is being released

Disc 1- 33. 1997-1998-M41
Disc 2- 13. 1999-2001-M28
Disc 2- 28. 2002~2005(AG)-M26

were three examples of pieces I was hoping would be on here. (The third one is this piano music I've never heard in the dub.) So yay for that!

(And by the way, this set pretty much renders ol' "Genki" useless, lol)

Well, it did its thing when it had its time...

10. 1999~2001-M25: Imminent Danger (GS Eye Contact! Supicious Person 1) (1:28) - this one should have been on Volume 1, but they apparently forgot and didn't recognize it as a game arrangement

Oh crap, I didn't realize that at first... Yeah, the anime version is so slow it's not easy to tell... although they are the people who make the music. Oh well...

Anyway, I can't wait to eventually get this! Although... one piece that, upon listening to the samples, I didn't find (unless I overlooked it) and I thought it'd be on this CD (I was thinking it wasn't from a movie) was... well, for some examples for when it played:

Japanese Version of AG 042- "Love at First Flight!"
- When Illumise and later Romeo falls into the water.
Japanese Version of AG 070- "Balance of Power"
- When Grovyle and Slaking start fighting.
Japanese Version of AG 124- "Rhapsody in Drew!"
- When Drew and May start battling.

I also heard it one time in a Battle Frontier contest episode (I watched the dub episode but it was there). I think it's the same piece Dogasu mentions in the Thoughts section here. (I think that's the episode, too.)

If it's from a movie, I dunno which one.

Other than that (and whatever else is missing that's supposed to be on this CD), I like this CD a lot.

Kazamatsuri said:
#2 and #3 originated from Pikachu's Vacation short for the first movie, hence why they aren't on the CD.

#2 is? If P_S_B's talking about the part where Ash and co. try to land the blimp, that's on the Japanese soundtrack for the first movie. (Track 16- "Showdown! The Real VS the Copy Pokemon!")

So, considering they've released most of the movie BGM, is it really that much of a stretch that 4Kids might release the BGM from the show? Personally, I think they would release it, if more fans showed interest in wanting the 4Kids BGM.

Frankly, and it's just my opinion, I doubt a Pokémon dub BGM soundtrack would sell all that well barring a few sales by die-hard fans (even the movie DVDs are just scraping by...) If it had new vocal songs along with the BGM, it would do better but then again 4Kids already released most of their songs and TPCi doesn't have a lot of them in the first place.

I... don't know why I've forgotten to mention this.

I do Pokemon parodies on YouTube, and a friend of mine shares my love for some of the 4Kids BGM. Luckily, he also has legal access to music software (not to mention quite a bit of musical skill), and he has been doing me the favor of re-creating some of the 4Kids pieces as best he can.

Here's a few samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZQ3NogJaxY&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvrJGYvbHto&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s

If you'd like, when he's finished a large batch of them, I could upload them somewhere for people to download. I'm 99.9999% sure he doesn't mind.

#2 is? If P_S_B's talking about the part where Ash and co. try to land the blimp, that's on the Japanese soundtrack for the first movie. (Track 16- "Showdown! The Real VS the Copy Pokemon!")

The one that I'm thinking of is the from Pikachu's Summer Vacation, and as far as I'm aware has not been released on CD as of yet. Can be heard at 15:52 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWakx62q_Zs&t=1552

With a bit of luck, we'll get a Volume 3 containing BGM from all the films etc.

As for number 3, it is in the same boat, however I managed to obtain a copy of it because it appeared unobstructed in its entirety in the Orange Islands episode about the tanned Nurse Joy. It was replaced by "Together Forever" in the dub.

Last edited:

Although... one piece that, upon listening to the samples, I didn't find (unless I overlooked it) and I thought it'd be on this CD (I was thinking it wasn't from a movie) was... well, for some examples for when it played:

Japanese Version of AG 042- "Love at First Flight!"
- When Illumise and later Romeo falls into the water.
Japanese Version of AG 070- "Balance of Power"
- When Grovyle and Slaking start fighting.
Japanese Version of AG 124- "Rhapsody in Drew!"
- When Drew and May start battling.

I also heard it one time in a Battle Frontier contest episode (I watched the dub episode but it was there). I think it's the same piece Dogasu mentions in the Thoughts section here. (I think that's the episode, too.)

If it's from a movie, I dunno which one.

Just spot-checked, and that's a piece from Movie 2 (I refer to it as "The Legendary Catastrophe, Part 2"). It starts when Satoshi and the others escape from Geraldan's ship, and ends when the boat the gang takes refuge in flies backward over a waterfall and is rescued by a pillar of water from Lugia.

^ Thanks. It sounded epic enough to be from a movie.

If they make a third one, hopefully what's missing from this CD set will be on there. But for now... this set is still pretty great, I'd say. Although somewhat misleading on what's on there...

Every time I go in to the playlist for disc 1, I have to pause and sit there in awe of the presence of the Kanto Title Card and Eyecatches. I have waited a very, very long time to have these little fanfares on CD.

Track 1997-1998-M69B confuses me. Not only is there no 1997-1998-M69A anywhere to be found on the set, but while I can't recall this track ever playing in the series, a much faster variant on it played quite a lot, AND was included on the very first BGM CD (Rocket-dan shichi henge). Bizarre. Any clue what's up with that?

I think you can post that here since it's kind of related and I don't think another new thread is really necessary for that
Ah okay. Thanks.

Okay guys, here's what Manny Corallo told me. =)

----

Hi Lisa
I would love to send you the tracks but unfortunately I cannot because 4kids owns them and they are not the type to give permission to do so. I also wanted to get them to release a CD with those tracks but they wouldn't. Thanks for being a fan and if I come across anything I could send you without having a problem I promise I will. (The music tracks that i wrote for episode one "I choose you" and other season one shows are my favorites too) I've also composed music for the newer shows as well with a different sound and flavor because thats what they wanted from me.
Check out my website at www.mannycorallo.com
Thank you!

------

So, there you have it. It seems that 4Kids owns the music that Manny composed. For those of us who want the 4Kids BGM, maybe we should send emails to 4Kids, and ask them to release the anime BGM? It's worth a try, I'd say.

I... don't know why I've forgotten to mention this.

I do Pokemon parodies on YouTube, and a friend of mine shares my love for some of the 4Kids BGM. Luckily, he also has legal access to music software (not to mention quite a bit of musical skill), and he has been doing me the favor of re-creating some of the 4Kids pieces as best he can.

Here's a few samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZQ3NogJaxY&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvrJGYvbHto&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s

If you'd like, when he's finished a large batch of them, I could upload them somewhere for people to download. I'm 99.9999% sure he doesn't mind.
Wow, that's awesome! I'll definitely check those out! =D

And really? Aww, that's really nice of your friend. I'd love to get downloads of his 4Kids recreation tracks! ^^

Last edited:
Ah okay. Thanks.

Okay guys, here's what Manny Corallo told me. =)

----

Hi Lisa
I would love to send you the tracks but unfortunately I cannot because 4kids owns them and they are not the type to give permission to do so. I also wanted to get them to release a CD with those tracks but they wouldn't. Thanks for being a fan and if I come across anything I could send you without having a problem I promise I will. (The music tracks that i wrote for episode one "I choose you" and other season one shows are my favorites too) I've also composed music for the newer shows as well with a different sound and flavor because thats what they wanted from me.
Check out my website at www.mannycorallo.com
Thank you!

------

So, there you have it. It seems that 4Kids owns the music that Manny composed. For those of us who want the 4Kids BGM, maybe we should send emails to 4Kids, and ask them to release the anime BGM? It's worth a try, I'd say.

An interesting note in regards to Manny Corallo's Pokemon music. One of his tracks actually made its way into the 1st episode of Winx Club

A couple of notes in regards to the music composed for the English Dub:

First of all, I doubt 4Kids has the rights to any Pokemon music anymore (including the Dub tracks that were composed when they produced the show) since they no longer have anything to do with the show. In fact, I don't think TPCI has the rights to release the music. I mean, other than one little Pokedex exception, they have not edited in any 4Kids era Dub tracks since Season 10. And from the looks of things, they may not be using any of the later Dub tracks anymore either. My guess is, you would have to go through the Cherry Lane Music Publishing Group to obtain the rights to release English Pokemon Stock Music. Just so people understand what CLMPG is, they are basically the American version of JASRAC (4Kids, TRCI, Manny Corallo, and John Loeffler are/were all clients of theirs).

Secondly, generally speaking, English language producers of Saturday morning and Syndicated Cartoons, be they original productions or adaptations of foreign products, simply don't put as much stock and value into the music they produce as their Japanese counterparts. This is probably one of the reasons why so many Pokemon fans (myself included) view the original Japanese music as superior to the Dub-produced music. Fact is, unlike in Japan, American cartoons almost never have an open market release of the stock music that was produced for the show in question. Inspector Gadget and He-man and the Masters of the Universe (both from the early 80s) are two of only a very small handful of exceptions to that rule. So I doubt we will get a release for any of the Dub-only music exclusive to the Pokemon tv series.

The only tracks here that actually matter for me are the ones from Disc 1. I don't remember listening to all of the other tracks from Disc 2. Great to the actual music that I grew up with.

Anyone know the track that plays at the end of DP 191 when Ash departs to Pallet?

Old news, but I believe an instrumental version of the vocal song "Friends' Anniversary" from the Japanese version of Pikachu & Pichu.

Adamant said:
Track 1997-1998-M69B confuses me. Not only is there no 1997-1998-M69A anywhere to be found on the set, but while I can't recall this track ever playing in the series, a much faster variant on it played quite a lot, AND was included on the very first BGM CD (Rocket-dan shichi henge). Bizarre. Any clue what's up with that?

I have no idea. I can only recall the faster variant being played in the TV series; I can't recall ever hearing this slower version.

Aww, i always wanted the Nes Godzilla-like intro song that played in "Just Waiting On a Friend" when Ninetales was explaining her story near the end of episode and how the people left.

Now i realized it was US theme and probably never will get released.

I feel sad.

kenisu3000 said:
10. 1999~2001-M25: Imminent Danger (GS Eye Contact! Supicious Person 1) (1:28)[/b] - this one should have been on Volume 1, but they apparently forgot and didn't recognize it as a game arrangement

So I listened to the two tracks back to back (the "Eye Contact! Suspicious Person 1" song is Track 76 on the first disc of the HGSS soundtrack and Track 45 on the third disc), and they really don't sound anything alike to me. I don't think they're the same song.

18. 1999~2001-sozai["raw materials"]-1: The Day Is Conquered!! (Sample 1) (0:10)
19. 1999~2001-sozai["raw materials"]-2: The Day Is Conquered!! (Sample 2) (0:10)

Does anyone know what's up with those two tracks? Looking up "Sozai" in the dictionary gives you "raw materials," but that doesn't really make sense here.

I don't have the time to listen to all tracks yet, but I just heard the versions of Dawn's theme... and they're just so extremely awesome! I'm so happy to have them!
It's awesome how much I love just -everything- about Dawn... and her theme in all its forms is no different... I don't think I ever liked/will like a character like I liked Dawn... (yes, it was a little off-topic, but this is what listening to these tracks made me feel)

Wow, judging by those 30-second clips, Miyazaki-sama is quite the versatile composer! But, was the music where Kojirou was explaining his snow-cone business in the Ice Path episode there?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom