• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997 - 2010 Vol. 2

Re: Even more BGM is being released

So I listened to the two tracks back to back (the "Eye Contact! Suspicious Person 1" song is Track 76 on the first disc of the HGSS soundtrack and Track 45 on the third disc), and they really don't sound anything alike to me. I don't think they're the same song.

It's the first half of the main phrase of the game's version, heard directly after the initial less-than-a-second intro. The anime's arrangement goes at a much slower tempo and expands on the song (much like "Pokemon League Official Cap" expands on "Trainer Appears [Boy Edit]"), but it's there. I keep wanting to say "it's the part that goes: 'DAA, da-da-da-daaaa... da-da, da-daaaa...'" but I'm sure that wouldn't help much. :)

Dogasu said:
Does anyone know what's up with those two tracks? Looking up "Sozai" in the dictionary gives you "raw materials," but that doesn't really make sense here.

They're both short samples taken from different parts of Johto M28, and I believe that's all it's meant to mean. In any case, though I haven't seen any episodes yet that use the former sample, I have recently heard the latter in the Madatsubomi Tower episode.

MizuTaipu said:
But, was the music where Kojirou was explaining his snow-cone business in the Ice Path episode there?

Ahh... no, I'm afraid. That's BGM from Pikachu's Summer Vacation.

Question: For anybody else who has the CD, when you play the CD (like on your computer) does it give any information at all? Like an album title, or artist information? Just wondering because my copy arrived from CD-Japan, and it has like no info on it. XD Everything is listed as "Track 1", "Track 2" etc.

Question: For anybody else who has the CD, when you play the CD (like on your computer) does it give any information at all? Like an album title, or artist information? Just wondering because my copy arrived from CD-Japan, and it has like no info on it. XD Everything is listed as "Track 1", "Track 2" etc.

The data that you see there has to be entered by someone else into a system (CDs contain no track information on the disc itself other than the number of tracks and their duration). It's not uncommon for Japanese CDs not to be included until weeks after the CD comes out.

Just so people understand what CLMPG is, they are basically the American version of JASRAC

That's not quite correct. JASRAC is actually more equivilent to ASCAP, SESAC, or BMI.

I finally got in my order of both the first press of the second soundtrack and the regular original soundtrack (and by finally, I don't mean it was too long a wait at less than 2 weeks). It definitely is a moving experience to hear all this music that became ingrained in my love of the show over the years, and I'm glad to finally own such a substantial part of that.

The only tracks here that actually matter for me are the ones from Disc 1. I don't remember listening to all of the other tracks from Disc 2. Great to the actual music that I grew up with.

At least Disc 2 would give you new stuff to listen to.

Dogasu said:
So I listened to the two tracks back to back (the "Eye Contact! Suspicious Person 1" song is Track 76 on the first disc of the HGSS soundtrack and Track 45 on the third disc), and they really don't sound anything alike to me. I don't think they're the same song.

Track 10 on Disc 2 of the Soundtrack Best Vol. 2 sounds like a really slow version of "Eye Contact! Suspicious Person 1."

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom