• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two fics at once?

Yumega

Epic Sea Otter ftw
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is frowned apon alot and I've taken that into account.

Should I go ahead with a second fic? I really want this one to be updated more than my other one and I also want it to be Darker. But I'm not too sure to go ahead with it. I plan to put in the same input with both fics and I have no intention of dropping Barry's story by any means. I just would like to work on something else for a while. What do you guys think I should do?

Basically the fic is the story of Agatha of the elite four; her story as a Pokémon trainer. I want to make this fic focus on Kanto in the pass. Pokéballs as we know them hadn’t been invented and instead people use Pokéballs made from apricorns. Agatha will also be the rival of young Oak as we know the two were rivals when they were younger.

Anyway what would you guys do?

Don't see why it's frowned upon at all - the only problem is whether you think you can handle it or not.

By all means, go ahead. The only concern is that the quality will drop as you try and multitask more and more. But if it doesn't drop, then there's no problem at all.

Well, I'm kind of bouncing three fics at the moment. But, one's a oneshot, and I'm updating the other for teh lulz. The one I'm seriously focused on is Tarnished Gold. Of course, if you're bouncing two fics, do an update for one each week, and then the other every other week.

Don't see why it's frowned upon at all - the only problem is whether you think you can handle it or not.

By all means, go ahead. The only concern is that the quality will drop as you try and multitask more and more. But if it doesn't drop, then there's no problem at all.

I wouldn't really be multitasking in the sense of writing two chapters at once. I would write a chapter, then put it up. Then write a chapter for Barry's story and put it up. I would be focusing only on that Chapter I'm writting at the moment. There will eb occaisions when I'll write two chapters for one fic and then one or two for the next. But like I said, none at the same time.

I wouldn't really be multitasking in the sense of writing two chapters at once. I would write a chapter, then put it up. Then write a chapter for Barry's story and put it up. I would be focusing only on that Chapter I'm writting at the moment. There will eb occaisions when I'll write two chapters for one fic and then one or two for the next. But like I said, none at the same time.

Well then, that means there's even less of a problem. Go for it!

Yeah, go ahead. I'm writing two fics at once and there's not really a huge problem. The only difficult part is putting equal time into writing them.

I have three fics I'm working on right now. Two are still in production, and another is dead in the water (writer's block!). Write while the inspiration is hot my friend.

If you can handle the sheer amount of EXTREME!!! that goes with writing and keeping up with two stories at once, go for it.

Woot! :3
The only problems I've been having with my epic two-fic conquest of the BMGf fanfic section is the fact that, for some mysterious reason, I can't seem to write one story. It's like doing Keyblade combos through molasses - tiring and slow-moving. Dx Though that's just my response to the story - you can go ahead and do whatever.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom