• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two new titles on PokeAni

Arcanine's one of my favourites but there's no point in her getting one when she already has a well developed Combusken at present.

Waitasec, wasn't Harley called May's rival in the Izabe Island contest ep? IT could be him D:

Besides, we need more Harley. None of this Drew or Gary crap. Harley plz.

EDIT: Bothered to read the translation. WTF SIR. I don't care about Drew, how about we use someone who WASN'T done to death? D:

*shot by fangirls*

Last edited:
Drew's more important, so it's not surprising he's back. I'm pretty damn pleased about it, at any rate. :D

Jo-Jo said:
Drew's more important, so it's not surprising he's back. I'm pretty damn pleased about it, at any rate. :D

Regardless of importance, Harley is still a much more interesting character to watch. :x

I'm a Harley fan first, Shuu fan second. XD Still a good thing Shuu is coming back though. ^^ A very good thing.

EDIT: Bothered to read the translation. WTF SIR. I don't care about Drew, how about we use someone who WASN'T done to death? D:

*shot by fangirls*

Look at it this way - May could be competing against another character of the day.

Mmmm.... Harley is more entertaining, but I think he works better in small doses. Too much fabulousness, and he becomes commonplace, which would suck. Drew's less over the top, not to mention that his character isn't static like Harley's, so he can appear more without losing his impact.

And I wouldn't worry, Alfonso, IMO it's almost a dead cert that Harley will appear again at some point. He has to get his revenge on Meno-chan, after all. :D

Hmmmm, now I'm wondering what Drew's reaction would be if he heard about that nickname. Although he hates Harley, methinks he wouldn't be able to resist the urge to laugh.

Last edited:
Didn't Harley kinda have a crush on May in the Grand Festival eps? Or am I misinturpreting things?

Another character of the day would be better than Drew D:

Unless it was an old guy. THEN Drew would be better :<

Harley and Bannai...? I think all that fabulous would make my TV implode. Throw in James and Drew and... my lord. OK, now I have to SEE that.

Roses Ablaze, Harley didn't have a crush on May, Drew just thought he did.

Pffft, we don't need more characters of the day. Most of 'em suck and are only in there as plot devices to showcase a Pokemon. The writers are bad enough at bothering to characterise the regulars, let alone some guy who's never going appear again. Drew will do nicely.

Last edited:
But they make great eyecandy. I mean, look at Chaz! He wasn't vastly important, but he was so-so-so-so HOT. >__>

Drew has become blah. And everytime he appears, the Contestshippers wet themselves in joy and go LOLZ HES TALKING TO MAY!!!!1 THEYR SO IN LUV!@!@!121

Puh-leeze. RESCUE ME. Give me a sexy boy-of-the day, give 'im long blue or brown or blonde hair and not only will we not have psycho blow-things-outta-proportion shippers, we'll have a happy Oos and a new guy to pair up with people! :D *read: OTHER BOYS*

Butbutbut - Drew makes great eye-candy too! Hell, he's a canon hottie. Listen to the girls screaming when he takes the stage in the Grand Festival. ;) And it's easy as pie to pair him up with other boys. Like Harley. Or Timmy. Or Robert. *has a theory that if Drew ever leaves the series, it'll be via Robert taking him on as an "apprentice"* And we Contestshippers are not psycho blow-things-out-of-proportion shippers. *sulks* *walks off muttering about roses and blushing and jealousy and dodgy moments in caves with Wynauts*

Last edited:
Some CotD maybe cute, sexeh, hawt or whatever you call them, but the vast majority of them don't contribute at all to the plot.

As Jo-Jo said: if the writters hardly give any character development to the regulars, they wont bother with someone who will likely never appear again. Which is very sad. So, I'd prefer to see Drew in a million episodes rather than some two-dimensional co-ordinator of the day.

I gave up on the actual plot a long time ago. XD I watch for the boys.

I think the writers gave up on the plot a long time ago too. Only occasionally do they realize, in their whatever-induced stupor, "Oh yeah, we have to have things happen, don't we?"

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom