• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Pick Mafia - Endgame - This is the end- 29/06/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, cool. So you should at least know the basics of how things should work. To my knowledge, the only real differences are the role names, you can talk about game relevant stuff at night (whether you do or not is your own choice), and there's no trial system like ToS (there's some kind of trial system is ToS right?).

Day 2 Start - Avada Kedavra

Night 1 Recap

[Flavor Text Pending]

Pikochu was Killed.
Dear Pikochu, you are Luna Lovegood of the Harry Potter Franchise.
luna_lovegood_by_ludmila_cera_foce-damhz03.jpg

Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?
Luna Lovegood is a witch belonging to Ravenclaw house. She is in the year below Harry Potter and seems to be good friends with Ginny Weasley. Due to her carefree, scatterbrained nature and fondness for believing in bizarre concepts such as Nargles, she is bullied by her peers and often referred to as "Loony Lovegood". She comes into her own in Dumbledore's army, where she makes new friends who accept her for who she is. She also often comes up with unexpected pieces of wisdom. This, combined with her open-minded approach to life, makes her a true Ravenclaw.
You can use 4 spells, once each, during the course of the game.
Protego - Makes you invulnerable to all actions including kills for a night.
Flagrate - Allows you to publish an anonymous message with the next update.
Homenum Revelio - Shows you everyone who visited a chosen player in the night.
Legilimens - Allows you to scan one post for lies. This post may not contain any variation of the phrase "I am town/Mafia".
You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction are defeated.

It is now Day 2. The phase will end in 48 hours (-15 min)

Well, that's too bad. Those powers could have come in handy.

First off, I have a bad feeling about the OLDEN one. His only posts during the game were a joke vote, removing said joke vote, and a few sentences of completely insubstantial commentary. All he's doing is subtly letting us know he's here without actually playing.

That being said:

Vote: Midorikawa

I really expect better from her. LG made a good counterpoint for me here:
Yes and no, if he keeps quiet Town could potentially waste shots on him, but if he comes out he looks good and reduces the probability of getting lynched. Either way it's a heavily WIFOM argument and Zexy could be either. Really the only thing we can confirm is whether he's telling the truth or not.
But Midori says in response:
I don't like this. The chances of them being mafia roles are small and this is just unnecessary as it spreads unnecessary doubt.
Lone raises a valid point for untargetable scum claiming it honestly. Not that this was the case here, but this reasoning could've prevented me from accidentally considering scum "vindicated". I see Town-driven cautiousness in Lone's post here where Mido sees suspiciousness. Also, Mido discouraging my pressure vote on Zexy but placing one herself with little reasoning just pings me as wrong.

Well, can't say there have been many leads to work with so far. But maybe the nightkill choice can give us something to work with. It's interesting since Pikochu had said very little and said he was going to be inactive for a bit, so leaving his slot alone would've been pretty safe for scum. However, he is dead now and that makes me think that somebody who was fairly active might've suggested that kill so that we can't really read "who would want [insert nightkill choice] dead?"

@Midorikawa
Why did you vote Zexy after saying earlier that there was no point in asking him more? In the end, the lynch was actually quite good since it narrows things down, but you wouldn't have known that an indep was dying. And you didn't seem to suspect Zexy and didn't question him, so did you just want a threat dead?

VOTE: Midorikawa

For the exact reason you guys are talking now. I knew if I voted him after I told mega not to that it would incite some reaction and start something in thread. It was too inactive.

Mega please explain how difference in opinion is scummy? You believe LG was being town cautious. I don't believe in pointlessly telling things that could cause fear in town. When town gets fearful they get lynch happy. So please tell me how my difference in opinion of LG, how me not liking something is scummy.

Except Lone was pointing out to me something I hadn't considered: scum sometimes have reason to be honest about an aspect of their role in order to earn Townie points. Unless you would like us to fall into the trap of "he was telling the truth so he can't be scum"? Accepting that it's still possible a certain player could be scum isn't pointless or fearful. I think you are trying to cast doubt on a reasonable player. And yes, I accept that Lone himself could still be scum. But you are a much more likely candidate in my eyes.

Except Lone was pointing out to me something I hadn't considered: scum sometimes have reason to be honest about an aspect of their role in order to earn Townie points. Unless you would like us to fall into the trap of "he was telling the truth so he can't be scum"? Accepting that it's still possible a certain player could be scum isn't pointless or fearful. I think you are trying to cast doubt on a reasonable player. And yes, I accept that Lone himself could still be scum. But you are a much more likely candidate in my eyes.
I'm still waiting for the evidence that proves I did something scummy. It's not the fiery time I've gotten on a players case for unecesaary paranoia.
Mido visits Pikochu on the exact night Pikochu is killed.... Very suspicious.

Vote: Mido

.......because there aren't a million and one roles that visit someone.

Tracker, doctor, cop, joat, bodyguard, babysitter, jailkeepr. Nope nothing like that would show up. Nope.

I'm still waiting for the evidence that proves I did something scummy. It's not the fiery time I've gotten on a players case for unecesaary paranoia.

.......because there aren't a million and one roles that visit someone.

Tracker, doctor, cop, joat, bodyguard, babysitter, jailkeepr. Nope nothing like that would show up. Nope.

Hmmm... Let's see.

Tracker: AE seems to take the cake.
Doctor: Wouldn't have died.
Cop: Unlikely. Don't know why you'd check Piko.
JOAT: Piko was basically a JOAT.
Bodyguard: Why would you even list this?
Babysitter: Again, all these protective roles can't really happen.
Jailkeeper: Again...

VOTE: Midorikawa

This is good enough for now.

This looks like a good lead. Sure, Mido could be Town, but then I'd like to know her role because I'm really wondering what role visited Piko. Mido would probably not go for the NK, knowing that people tend to target her early in the game.
I would like to hear more of this before I cast my vote, it could go either way.

@Zachie I don't know how strict the hosts are, but you normally bold your vote so you might want to redo that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom