• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Y Nuzlocke

why are you overleveling like this? i generally prefer to be around the level of the gym leader. it makes the fight more challenging and thus more fun.
It only ends up being an overleveled situation because I am trying to get all Pokemon to the same Level. When I have to train up stuff individually, I turn off the EXP Share. Most of the Leveling up is natural. I don't want to take forever to train up using Wild Battles, and the Chateau helps train up.

It only ends up being an overleveled situation because I am trying to get all Pokemon to the same Level. When I have to train up stuff individually, I turn off the EXP Share. Most of the Leveling up is natural. I don't want to take forever to train up using Wild Battles, and the Chateau helps train up.
If I recall, trainer battles yeild more EXP than wild Pokemon (and not just because of more Pokemon to knock out).

Log #32-Route 14
0451Skorupi.png

0616Shelmet.png
Route 14
Grass Encounter: Skorupi (From a Horde)
Swamp Encounter: Shelmet

Traveling onto Route 14, as I headed into the grass, I found a Skorupi Horde, which were Level 16. I slowly eliminated them until I got one remaining one, which I named Scorpion. That was my grass encounter, but I would have to train it to make it useful. Stepping into the Swamp, I captured a Shelmet that I named Gary.

Battle Chateau
Stepping back for a while, I put Scorpion in the Team, then went to the Battle Chateau, where I trained Scorpion using no EXP Share. I eventually got it to Level 43, where, as a Drapion, I proceeded to go onto Route 14 to fully make my way to Lavarre City. During that training, I was elevated to Duke.

Route 14 & Lavarre City
The swamps of Route 14 were tricky. It is nearly impossible to bike through them, and you can get stuck walking through (like Sinnoh's Great Marsh). Eventually, though I was mud soaked, I arrived at Lavarre City. Once I checked in at the Pokemon Center and cleaned my shoes, I walked around the City. There are a few good locations here. There is the Gym, the Poke Ball Factory, and the Clothing Store.

Lavarre City Gym
I used the Trainers in the Gym to get Scorpion to Level 47. The Gym is a Doll House with warp panels.

My Team
Chesnaught (Spike)-Level 49
Talonflame (Firebird)-Level 49
Blastoise (Galapagos)-Level 49
Tyrantrum (Royal)-Level 49
Lucario (Lucas)-Level 48
Drapion (Scorpion)-Level 47

I will use the Battle Chateau to even out my Team to Level 49, then I will take on Valerie. In the next Log, we will take on Valerie. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #33-Lavarre City Gym (Gym #6)
XY_Valerie.png
Lavarre Gym Battle
Before I went into the battle with Valerie, I reduced my Team to Lucario (Lucas), Drapion (Scorpion), & Tyrantrum (Royal). I was, honestly, still terrified of this battle, even with Drapion. Going into this fight, I opened with Lucario against her Mawile (Level 38). Lucario Mega Evolved, then used Aura Sphere, which easily defeated Mawile. Next for Valerie was Mr. Mime (Level 39), and I switched out for Drapion. I took some time to set up Toxic Spikes as her Mr. Mime set up Light Screen & Reflect. This meant I was going to have issues. Slowly, Drapion managed to get through Mr. Mime. Last for Valerie was Sylveon (Level 42). When Skorupi became Drapion, I gave it the Black Sludge, and it honestly saved Drapion. Between Dazzling Gleam, Light Screen, & Reflect, Sylveon almost defeated Drapion, even though Sylveon was Poisoned.. I healed Drapion when Valerie healed Sylveon, and eventually, Drapion defeated Sylveon, though it was very close, surprisingly, even though I was 7 Levels higher. (@There Is No Arceus , this is why I was not "overleveling too much" because when it came to the Gym Battle, I almost lost Drapion anyway. I understand the concern though.)

With this, I defeated Valerie, winning my 6th Badge. Upon leaving the Gym, my friends (other than Serena) met with me, congratulated me on my win, they encouraged me to meet with them at the Pokeball Factory. I want to get my Team caught up, because during my time at the Battle Chateau, my Talonflame (Firebird) managed to get to Level 50. When my Team is all Level 50, I will be moving on. There will be a few Battles coming up at the Factory, and it won't be too far between my Team and all of the Team Flare Grunts & Admins.

My Team
Chesnaught (Spike)-Level 49
Talonflame (Firebird)-Level 50
Blastoise (Galapagos)-Level 49
Tyrantrum (Royal)-Level 49
Lucario (Lucas)-Level 49
Drapion (Scorpion)-Level 49

In the next Log, we will be facing the Lavarre City Pokeball Factory. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #34-Lavarre Pokeball Factory
XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png
Before I went into the Lavarre City Pokeball Factory, I wanted to even out my Team in Levels a bit, get everyone to Level 50. However, because of my desire to clear out the Battle Chateau, I ended up with my Team balanced at Level 52.

Lavarre City Pokeball Factory

There are quite a few Team Flare battles here, and the conveyor belts are quite challenging to figure out. I managed to get through, eventually running into Serena, who did a few battles with us. I found it funny that she was Level 37 or so, while I was 12 Levels higher. It was nice to find an area with a woman who healed as needed. Odd that the last part required needing to change the conveyor belt.

For beating Team Flare here, I got a Master Ball & a Big Nugget. The ending was Level 53 (for the most part).

In the next Log, we will go to Route 15. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 15 & The Lost Hotel
In this episode of "What Might We Find", we discuss Route 15, which is a "crossroads Route". To the north is the Lost Hotel, which we will also cover in this episode. South is Route 16. Continuing East, you reach Dendemille Town. Anyway, let's move on.

What are our Options
Route 15

1. Liepard (30%)
2. Skorupi (20%)
3. Foongus (20%)

Lost Hotel
This one is literally a random draw, as all 5 possible options have a likely chance of being found.
1. Magneton (20%)
2. Electrode (20%)
3. Litwick (20%)
4. Pawniard (20%)
5. Klefki (20%)

In addition, there is the Ambush chance of a Trash Can here, a very unique Ambush Type. On Tuesdays, there is the random chance that one of the cans will be shaking, giving chances for a Rotom (75%).
1. Trubbish (80%)

This means, in the next Log (#35), we will reveal our 3 finds. Until the next time, stay tuned!

Log #35-Route 15 & The Lost Hotel
0590Foongus.png

0607Litwick.png

0568Trubbish.png
Route 15
First Encounter: Foongus
Lost Hotel
First Encounter: Litwick
Trash Cans: Trubbish

Route 15 & Lost Hotel

Route 15 is a Route that is covered in leaves. It's a Autumn paradise, or is it a nightmare? For you see, hidden among the leaves are many items and many trainers, all looking for a fight. There is normal grass here, where I find Foongus, which I name Mushroom. I defeat a lot of trainers as I make my way to the Lost Hotel.

The Lost Hotel is an area in ruin, populated by skaters and thugs. Once I took on a few trainers, I ran into my First Encounter here, a Litwick, which I name Kerosene. I also run into a Trash Can, which I open, finding a Trubbish that I name New York. Even though I did not explore the whole area, due to the expansive, sprawling nature of the building. I was looking to heal, so I headed to Dendemille Town.

Dendemille Town
Dendemille Town is a town blanketed by snow and covered in windmills. I explored the town, running into Professor Sycamore, Dexio, Trevor, & Tierno. Sycamore & Dexio talked to me about the Legendary (Yvetal), while Trevor & Tierno discussed going to Frost Cavern.

Where Am I To Explore Now?
While I could follow Trevor & Tierno to Route 17 & Frost Cavern, I want to find a way to Route 16. There are 2 ways I can get there...Lumiose City or Route 15. I think I am going to do the Lumiose City route, mainly because of how easy it is to get there. In the next Log, we will go to Route 16. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 16
Welcome to an Episode of "What Might We Find". In this episode, we discuss Route 16. There are 2 ways to get to Route 16, either Lumiose City, through one of the gates, or Route 15. The Route 15 path is trickier to reach. What options will there be on Route 16?

What are our Options?
1. Pumpkaboo (30%)
2. Foongus (20%)

In the next Log (#36), we will reveal our capture. Until the next time, stay tuned!

Log #36-Route 16
0707Klefki.png

XY_Ace_Trainer_M.png
Oh, before I begin this Log, at the end of the last one, my Team was Level 55-56. Just thought I would mention that if people are keeping track. Anyway...

Route 16 (Lumiose City Side)
To fully explore this Route, you have to go in from both directions. I traveled first through the Lumiose City side first. My first capture was a Klefki, who was a bit resistant to being captured, but it eventually was. Route 16 actually required the use of Strength to open up some areas, so I brought Roundhouse (Machop) out of retirement, temporarily replacing Scorpion (Drapion), then would switch back and forth as needed.

Lost Hotel
I was surprised to find that the Lost Hotel straddles Route 15 & 16, making it absolutely massive. I battled a few more Thugs here, then left to continue exploring the rest of Route 16.

Route 16 (Dendemille Town Side)
There were a few challenging battles here against a few Fairy Type trainers, and some Hex Maniacs. There were some close calls for deaths, but I made it through. It was a bit tricky though. Once I had explored as much as I could, then went back to Dendemille Town.

Route 17 (Frost Cavern)
I traveled through to Route 17, where the Frost Cavern was, where Trevor met with me. There are no Pokemon outside the Frost Cavern. I met with Trevor, who wanted to prepare for an expedition, and an Ace Trainer with a worried Mamoswine. The Mamoswine is worried because something is going on in the Frost Cavern. Could it have something to do with Team Flare? I left there for a moment, going back to Dendemille Town, then traveled to the other part of Route 17.

Route 17 (Mamoswine Road)
This area is covered in snow drifts, and it is impossible to travel on it without Mamoswine to help guide the way. That worried Mamoswine is the key, which stopped my progress. I will have to go through Frost Cavern and make the Mamoswine happy before I can go on this road. Looking at the impassible winter expanse, it made me think of the battles ahead, especially since I don't have any responses for Ice Types other than Talonflame (Firebird). How was I going to respond? Suddenly, I remembered I had a response...Litwick (Kerosene)! If I could get Kerosene up to the rest of the Team (Kerosene is Level 37, where I caught it, while my regular squad is Level 56-57), I could feel comfortable having a defense against any of the Ice Types I found in Frost Cavern and Route 17.

Route 15
After I left Route 17 and found my way back to Dendemille Town, I had to decide where to get the initial first few Levels for Kerosene (Litwick). Considering that Route 15 has many Steel Types, it would be good as a starting location before I move Litwick to training in the Battle Chateau.

Future Considerations
I am also considering training Pachirisu (Pacha), which is Level 26, I think. I was hoping to catch a sturdy Electric Type (like Magneton) at the Lost Hotel, but since that is now out the window, Pachirisu has to be the Electric Type I would use (if I end up using one at all). I may need a response for Gyarados (or something that needs a strong jolt of Electricity) at some time, and right now, I have no defense against something Gyarados like.

My Team (Regular Squad)
Chesnaught (Spike)
Talonflame (Firebird)
Blastoise (Galapagos)
Tyrantrum (Royal)
Lucario (Lucas)
Drapion (Scorpion)

Other Pokemon To Train
Litwick (Kerosene)
Pachirisu (Pacha)

In the next Log, we will take on Frost Cavern, hopefully with a Lampent in the active Team & a strong Pachirisu in the Box. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Frost Cavern & Route 17
Welcome to the next Episode of "What Might We Find". In this episode, we will talk about the two locations that we will go into next: Frost Cavern & Route 17. These are both very frozen areas. Let's talk about our options in both of these areas.

What are our Options?
Frost Cavern

1. Jynx (20%)
2. Piloswine (20%)
3. Beartic (20%)
4. Bergmite (20%)

Route 17
1. Delibird (40%)
2. Snover (30%)
3. Sneasel (29%)

In the next Log (#37), we will reveal our captures for these 2 areas. Until the next time, stay tuned!

My Plan Moving Forward
Hey Folks! Because I am not sure how I want to compose my Team going forward (Frost Cavern & Route 17), I have decided to post my considerations here for any discussions I can get. Here we go!

Team Member #1-Spike the Chesnaught
Level: 57

Being my Starter, I intend to keep it in my Team as I journey.

Team Member #2-Firebird the Talonflame

I am hesitant to keep Talonflame in my Team, due to the potential of hail in the areas. I want to keep it in my Team though, since it will help me Fly as needed.

Team Member #3-Galapogos the Blastoise

Blastoise is capable of Mega Evolution, which, if I get having a hard time, the increase in power may help me.

Team Member #4-Royal the Tyrantrum

Tyrantrum may be held back during the exploration, due to the 2X Weakness to Ice Types. Still, considering that I am likely to run into Team Flare, which uses Fire Types occasionally, I am not sure what I want to do with Tyrantrum at this point of the journey.

Team Member #5-Lucas the Lucario

Lucario is capable of Mega Evolution, and its typing of Fighting & Steel might be able to assist me with any fights here.

Team Member #6-Scorpion the Drapion

Drapion is powerful, but I am worried to have it defeated, since I want to be able to keep it alive for the future battle against Olympia.

Possible Team Member: Kerosene the Lampent
Level: 56

I trained Lampent from a Litwick. It was first Level 37, and after I trained it on Route 15 for a while, I finished it at the Battle Chateau (same as Pacha the Pachirisu, who is going in the Box). I want to keep it active through the next 2 Gyms (Olympia and Wulfric), but I also feel I should have it in my Team for this part. Where should I place it though? Who should go in the Box (I am thinking Tyrantrum, but any advice will help).

See you at the next posting!

Log #37-Frost Cavern & Route 17
600px-0093Haunter.png

0215Sneasel.png

XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png
Before I headed into Frost Cavern, I trained my Team to Level 58. Tyrantrum was kept in the Box.
My Team
Chesnaught
Talonflame
Blastoise
Lucario
Drapion
Lampent

Frost Cavern
First Capture:
Haunter
Frost Cavern was an area with many trainers. Almost as soon as I walked in the cave like area, I captured a Haunter that I named Ghost Hand. Frost Cavern has a lot of areas to explore and ice skating. It was very tricky to get sorted out, but eventually I got to the last part of the cave, where I met with Trevor and Team Flare...No surprise. It didn't take much to actually defeat the Team Flare grunts and Admins, who were bullying an Abomasnow. Trevor thanked me for my help, then left. I used an Escape Rope to leave. My Team was Level 59 at the end. Mamoswine now had his Abomasnow friend rescued.

Battle Chateau
Playing through the Battle Chateau, I was able to take some time to train my entire set, which allowed Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Tyrantrum, Lucario, Drapion, & Lampent to Level 60 before I once again left Tyrantrum in the Box to explore Route 17 (Mamoswine Road).

Route 17 (Mamoswine Road)
First Capture:
Sneasel
Mamoswine Road was a Route covered in snow drifts that were so high that Mamoswine was needed to get through the snow drifts. There are a few items here. As I traversed the Route, I got my capture, a Sneasel named Gremlin. This felt like a snow version of Route 9, due to the fact that there were rocks I had to have Mamoswine break. Once I got to the end of the Route, Serena challenged me to a battle at Anistar Gym. I settled at Anistar City, resting.

In the next Log, we will explore Anistar City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #38-Anistar City Gym (Gym #7)
Before I start this Post, let me thank all of the viewers for the 2,000+ Views for this challenge so far! It means a lot for my production, and I hope it is able to continue to grow! Thank you all so very much!

XY_Olympia.png

XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png
Battle Chateau
Before I explored Anistar City, I went to the Battle Chateau, making sure my Team was balanced to Level 60.

Anistar City

This is a very interesting place, and a great place to rest from all of the snow traveling. I walked around the City quite a bit, checking out all of the establishments here. Unfortunately, I ran into an older man who wanted a Pokemon that was Level 5 or less to keep him company. I could not provide him any help. Made me quite sad. Heading to the Gym, I faced off with Serena, who had 4 Pokemon. It wasn't too hard to defeat her, thankfully. Serena left, and I steeled myself to take on the Gym.

Anistar City Gym
At first glance, the Gym is a simple house, but upon stepping into the middle of the house, a dimension opens up. The Gym is a Psyball with many paths that go around it, connected with warp panels. I had my Team beat all of the Trainers, which brought some of my Team to Level 61 as I finished the Trainers. I warped out of the Gym, deciding to go back to the Battle Chateau, balancing my Team before I decided to take on Olympia.

Anistar City Gym Battle
Before I took on Olympia, I reduced my Team to:
Drapion (Scorpion)
Lampent (Kerosene)
Tyrantrum (Royal)

Considerations

Drapion & Lampent were a given for this fight, but I didn't know which one I wanted to bring in as the 3rd choice. I was torn between Tyrantrum, who had Crunch, and Blastoise, who had Bite & Mega Evolution. In the end, I chose Tyrantrum, since Crunch overtook Bite. The way I looked at this fight was that Drapion was going to be the main fighter, especially since Drapion is a Dark Type and is a good way to set up, using Toxic Spikes. In addition, I planned to Box Drapion after the fight, so if Drapion ended up dying at this fight, it really didn't matter. Lampent & Tyrantrum were just based on support roles.

Olympia opened with Sigilyph (Level 44) and I opened with Drapion. I had Drapion set up Toxic Spikes for later (against Slowking & Meowstic). Sigilyph set up Light Screen & Reflect, and I had Drapion use Cross Poison to cause a bit of damage before Drapion used Crunch to finish Sigilyph. Next for Olympia was Slowking (Level 45). Slowking took Poison damage from Toxic Spikes, and tried to set up Calm Mind boosted Psychic. One Venoshock attack took out Slowking. Last for Olympia was Meowstic (Level 48). It was Poisoned by Toxic Spikes, but was able to hit Drapion with Fake Out, then set up with Calm Mind to arrange for Psychic. One Venoshock took out Meowstic. This led to my win! 7 Badges down!

Anistar City
When I left the Gym, badge in hand, Serena met with me as a message from Lysandre played, which talked about how the world was going to change and the people of Kalos were going to be sacrificed. Serena and I discussed heading to Lumiose City to talk to him and try to figure out what is going on. In the next Log, we are going back to Lumiose City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Future Logs!
Hey Folks!
I am writing down what the future Logs will be for this coming parts, both for my own records and so you all can know where we plan to go!

There are 24 Remaining Posts here. There are 18 more Logs and 6 more "What Might We Find" Episodes.

Logs (18)"What Might We Find" Episodes (6)
Log #39-Lysandre Labs
Log #40-Geosenge Town & Team Flare HQWhat Might We Find: Route 18 & Terminus Cave
Log #41-Route 18 & Terminus Cave
Log #42-Couriway TownWhat Might We Find: Route 19
Log #43-Route 19 & Snowbelle CityWhat Might We Find: Route 20
Log #44-Route 20What Might We Find: Pokemon Village
Log #45-Pokemon Village & Meeting Wulfric
Log #46-Snowbelle City Gym (Gym #8)What Might We Find: Route 21
Log #47-Route 21What Might We Find: Victory Road (Final Episode of WMWF)
Log #48-Victory Road
Log #49-Pokemon League, Champion, & Celebration
Log #50-Kiloude City
Log #51-Legendary Birds, Mewtwo, & Zygarde
Log #52-Looker Arc I
Log #53-Looker Arc II
Log #54-Looker Arc III
Log #55-Looker Arc IV
Log #56-Looker Arc V

Log #39-Lysandre Labs
XY_Team_Flare_Grunts.png
Lysandre Labs
When I came into the Lysandre Cafe, I had:
Chesnaught
Talonflame
Blastoise
Tyrantrum
Lucario
Lampent

They were all at Level 62. There were quite a few Team Flare Grunts, and I thought I would have to wait and use a walkthrough video to figure it out, as I have in the past. Luckily, that was not the case. I battled Lysandre once in this process, with his Gyarados being the trickiest to defeat. Toward the end of the clear out, I ran into Lysandre and a very tall man, AZ, who was the King of Kalos 3,000 Years Ago! After the story of the Kalos War, I battled the scientist of Team Flare, Xerosic. Once I defeated him, my Team was Level 63. Xerosic unleashed the Ultimate Weapon, preparing to fire it. Unfortunately, Geosenge Town was destroyed with its reveal. I left Lysandre Labs and decided to heal.

The Kalos War
Just what other Region did Kalos fight in the war? Looking at the map, it could have been Galar or Paldea, given that Kalos represents France, Galar represents the UK, and Paldea represents Spain & Portugal.

In the next Log, we will go to Geosenge Town & finish Team Flare. Until the next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom