• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Untitled

Contents & Introduction
  • Life

oh my
    Reaction score
    Hi my name is Life and I like to start stories and then never finish them. Maybe this one will be different, probably not idk we'll find out. I wish I could say I'm embarrassed but at this point in my writing history I have so little respect left for myself that I'm probably not even going to go back and delete this really cringe-y sentence from the introduction.

Anyway sorry to be so edgy. This is a story that's been sitting around in a big messy folder for a while (at least a year, I think I actually started it 2 years ago? It's been around for a while) and while I'm not sure how much time I'll be dedicating to it now, I really love the main character and feel she deserves some spotlight, so I want to publish and work with the few chapters I've already written. Feel free to comment and be critical, I'll try to hit ya back in 48 hours with a review myself. Anyway enjoy the story, let me know if you have any questions/comments.

Untitled Contents

Introduction

Arc 1 - n/a
    Chapter 1 - n/a

Introduction

I walk up to the podium, notecards in hand, and tap the mic.

Calm down, April.

I look at the crowd; so many of them remind me of myself when I was their age. Then again, I never even went to college. But these youthful faces, all dawned in caps and gowns, somehow make me feel like I missed out. Most of them are smiling, which surprise me. I guess it was hard not to when there's a nest of parents behind them, clapping loud and cheering even harder. I can barely make out any physical setting, all I can see is just… people.

You’ll do fine, April.

I tap the mic again, thinking I’m mimicking how all the great speeches start, and begin my speech.

“In checkers, winners are determined by those who capture pawns. In chess, winners are determined by those who capture kings. But in life, winners aren’t determined so easily. The conditions are different for everyone; there is no set of rules you have to follow! I may have thought so long ago, but the truth is, games and life aren’t similar at all.

“In games, there has to be winners, and there has to be losers. But in life it doesn’t have to be like that! Because the standards are so fluid, everyone can be a winner! But life isn’t always so easy for everyone…”

Don’t make a fool of yourself, c’mon April.

“I guess, what I’m trying to say is, there are no shortcuts. There are no cheats, no alternate ways to try and beat the system. Only through trial and error can you really find out where you’ll go on the board.

“It may be scary without a guide, and you may find it confusing at first, but trust me, you’ll find your place, and then you’ll start all over again with a different set of rules. The game is always changing. It’s not fair to stick a name on it, because it’s not the same for everyone. So instead, pick your own name for your own story.

“Mine? I’ve thought about it a while, I really have. But I’ve realized… my story isn’t a story. It’s multiple stories tied together with pins, needles, toothpicks, nails, and so many other things. It’s one big mess of imaginary words on irrational paper, waiting to be sorted out into something comprehensible by people who will never read it.”

I shake my head, realizing I’ve gotten too off-track again. “But today isn’t about me, it’s about all of you. It’s your time to go out into the world and find the title for your own story.

“Congratulations, Castelia University’s class of 2034… you’ve made it!”

The crowds' screams and claps and other noises I can't understand are just loud enough for me to not hear the internal screaming going on in my head.

Next: Chapter 1

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom