• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Up vs Down v46: Time and Space

Should this continue or end early?

• Continue

• End early

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Void post, I'm just replying

But we either don't do ties or both teams lose. I don't know whether my opinion is void because I'm on the losing team but even if I was on the winning team I wouldn't want to win early, it's not a legit victory.

Nope your opinion is not void, I wouldn't want to win that way either, I don't like the idea of draws either and would prefer games come to a natural conclusion. Ending this early now just seems silly though as when the other Palkia players are on later the game is likely to end on it's own without any arguments about ties and who wins.

Nope your opinion is not void, I wouldn't want to win that way either, I don't like the idea of draws either and would prefer games come to a natural conclusion. Ending this early now just seems silly though as when the other Palkia players are on later the game is likely to end on it's own without any arguments about ties and who wins.

Completely agree with you there. When Team Palkia wins it'll be a valiant win, you all persisted even when Team Dialga was giving you a hard time.

But this issue could come up again in future up vs down (which is why I don't want to play again because it's not overly pleasant) as to whether ending the game early is allowed. Up vs Down is also a battle of stamina. So should we have some kind of vote? Ties clearly aren't going to be a thing since I was outvoted but should we have a vote about ending the game early or not ending it as a future rule?

Especially since in previous Up vs Down it was a tie if no one hit the mark, we'll need to make it clear the rules have changed.

@poke trey you're nearly there, keep going.

I have just to say this: If the game is going back and forth between teams, I don't see the point in ending early. If one team is obviously winning, I don't see the point in ending early. It's all about having fun, really, and the longer the funner, as I see it. I just want the game to play out as it will.

Yee we're up a bit more

I have just to say this: If the game is going back and forth between teams, I don't see the point in ending early. If one team is obviously winning, I don't see the point in ending early. It's all about having fun, really, and the longer the funner, as I see it. I just want the game to play out as it will.

Yee we're up a bit more

Agreed

-Void post again-

Does this mean we'll come to the agreement that the tie rule/ending the game early rule will no longer be in effect for future games? To be honest by the time there's gridlock someone will drop out and the game will continue. I don't think it's fair to end a game early and declare someone a winner, makes the whole battle boring and pointless.

Non-scoring post

-Void post again-

Does this mean we'll come to the agreement that the tie rule/ending the game early rule will no longer be in effect for future games? To be honest by the time there's gridlock someone will drop out and the game will continue. I don't think it's fair to end a game early and declare someone a winner, makes the whole battle boring and pointless.

There hasn't been a tie rule in effect in the games for quite some time since the last debate on the issue, I think this debate is about whether people want to bring it back. I presume we'll be sticking with the current rule of no ties/ending early after this game.

Non-scoring post

There hasn't been a tie rule in effect in the games for quite some time since the last debate on the issue, I think this debate is about whether people want to bring it back. I presume we'll be sticking with the current rule of no ties/ending early after this game.
Makes sense to me.

19 ;)

It's been a while since I was here :') I left when the Gen 7 starters were revealed as I didn't want any SM spoilers xD

But yes I'll be happy with that ;) I'll let Palkia's winning trophy space be filled this time

*Skips past the suprisingly large amont of text in the last few pages because laziness*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom