• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vanguard Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.
John glowered at the board. Third from bottom, he had to do better. It wasn't his fault that he knew no magic yet. He felt awkward, being fitted into blue uniform, given a class, a rank. He would improve, learn, strive and rise the ranks. He followed the other students who had passed the test, traipsing through the corridor.

James nodded in acknowledgement and smiled a little,"Red Ranking, that's the middle rank," inquired Ouroboros,back in Bracelet form,"You must've
impressed the headmistress quite a bit to get that rank on your first day."

"I wouldn't have got that if not for you,partner," The boy complimented to his bracelet. He than shifted his red jacket and walked over to the Cloud Hawk
and bowed in respect to it.

The Cloud Hawk looked down at its students, looking to all of them with a very scrutinous eye. It seemed to assess them all, before turning to face the East. With a might flap of its wings, the Cloud Hawk began to hover into the air, taking off in the direction of the House.

The Black Dragon would begin its ascent into the air, flying to the North towards the House. All of the students would be made to follow.

The Forest Basilisk began to slither away, all of its students following it southbound. It would be making its way toward its house.

--------------------------

After all of the students made it to their houses, Demi entered the Panthera House. The size of the entire place was staggering, though the boy only paid mind to the Volcano Lion; who had decidedly retired to another room, away from the students. Demi wanted to go see what was there, but simply decided against it.

The boy walked up some stairs, following a variety of lights. They spoke to each of the students. "Come, come! Follow us to the rooming corridors!"

Ascending to the second floor, Demi made to look at all of the doors. Each of them were large oakwood textured, with many engravements on them. The most prominent was the Panthera House insignia in the middle, surrounded by what he could only believe were the other three animals.

Impressive...

The boy heard someone speak from behind he and the other students. It was another one of the small lights, yet again. "Everyone, you will be capable of choosing your own roommates! These rooms were specifically designated for housing two to four at a time!" a bubbly voice chirped from the glow. "Now, you can choose to be alone, but in the end; it's all up to you!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Demi saw a group of boys standing in a circle, smirking as they tagged along with one another. There were four of them.

He looked to see someone, a female, walk - with what he thought she believed was seductive allure - over to Samuel. "Hey there, Mr. White. You wanna... room together?"

Demi would almost roll his eyes at her attempts. Teeny bopping bobbleheads was all that came to mind when her saw her. Although the boy had never had a girlfriend, let alone talked to a girl outside of his childhood friend Vera, he was pretty well-versed on how women acted. Vera made sure to drill in him that teenage girls were horrible people.

With that in mind, the boy simply chose a room.
---------------------------

With each of their Guardians going away for the day, all of the other students had been given the same rundown of the rules by the lights.

"Everyone, you will be capable of choosing your own roommates! These rooms were specifically designated for housing two to four at a time!" they said. "Now, you can choose to be alone, but in the end; it's all up to you!"

However, there was no mention of male and female boarding in the same room...

Well, Vanguard Academia was about freedom.

Sam had been paying attention to the room and the things that the lights were saying that he hadn't been able to notice the girl until he heard her voice. He turned to look at her and pointed at himself for a moment. "Me?' he asked simply before pocketing his hands. "My name's Samuel." he nodded his head as he bowed respectfully.

John walked over to his House. He saw the Forest Basilisk staring down at him and averted his gaze. He had failed the test, in his eyes, and was ashamed of the blue jacket that he wore around his waist. He heard the announcement about the dorms. He wondered who he would share with. He remembered the girl called Luna, who he'd seen in the Infinity Dome. He'd go with her, he decided, setting out to find her.

James walked on over to his house, the Cloud Hawk's pose was almost empowering, first day here and already he'd
made a decent impression,"Hmm..should probaubly go get to know that Jean person who got into this house besides
me." He set off to find the fella.

The silhouette of a tiny girl wearing cat ears quickly and carefully made her way eastward to the Aves house, huddled tightly into herself, as if she was nervous about something. This was Sayuri Koneko, a sheltered girl who was exposed to the public world for the first time. She hurried along to her destination, and wasted no time finding her room and getting unpacked. "Oh, I must remember to thank Otosan again for getting me a portable piano." She muttered to herself as she set up the keyboard on its stand in one corner of the room. After that, she set her ocarina, bow and quiver on the dresser, then unpacked her clothes into the drawers, doing so in a very organized manner. She had a spare drawer left, so she put all of her books in there, which included a collegiate dictionary, an encyclopedia, a thesaurus, and several textbooks. Once she was done, she sat down and relaxed, wiping sweat from her forehead. "Glad that's over. Now all I have to worry about is classes and getting by with so many people." She sighed, shuddering. "I wish there were fewer people. How am I to get to know them all, and will I want to, and will I be able to trust them, and oh no I've gone cross-eyed." She flopped down on her bed, staring at the ceiling and taking deep breaths to calm herself.

@Wild Candy; | @AlphaMouse; | @Little Miss Eevee; | @Grit; | @GamerGX; | @Stellar Gale; | @Pokémon Trainer Calvin;

(OOC: Time skipping. Make sure you post, as it's time for class.)​

The next two days had soon passed on the students, all of them gaining the rest they needed. All new students were to report to their first period classes, their schedules gained from their resident Houses. They each found their schedules inside of their rooms, suddenly appearing on their dressers. Said schedules included a list of periods, the times spent within said period, and as description of the class. Should they wonder how to reach the period, amplification magic would create a holographic view of the path to their first period classes.

Demi had gotten his things ready, reaching for his book. The boy held the book under his shoulder, grabbing a key from the dresser. Walking from his open room door, the boy moved to lock it. He had been one of the first out of the dorm room he stayed in.

Pulling up his scarf, the boy looked around the corridors to see no one else walking. "Hmph," turning, he walked down the stairs; going past the statues within the gallery to walk out of the door. The air was crisp, yet warm. The sun was not yet up at the time. A perfect morning for him. Demi made to make his way out onto the empty courtyards, walking towards the school.

He was about two hours early for entering the school. However, he didn't want to risk being late. Or risk talking to anyone he didn't feel the need to.

John woke up with bleary eyes. He still had the accursed blue jacket, still hadn't risen a single rank. Every day he said this to himself in hope that it would spur him on. He saw the schedule appearing before him and picked it up. He could look at it later, he decided, and put it away. He got changed and walked out of the dorm with bleary eyes. Lessons would start soon and he'd have to be ready.

OOC- Sorry I've been unavalible to post, I had some... Technical difficulties. Since it Timeskipped, Is it okay that Luna somehow got a broken arm in the rainforrest?

OOC: I'll probably not be able to post much in the near future. Anyway...

Jean had noticed that one girl hadn't come back from the forest. He learned later that she had broken her arm, and decided that he would go to the infirmary to see if she was alright. Also because he wanted to see if she was cute.

"Is there a Luna here?" He asked.

Marley and Will left the dorms together and they made it to the school together. "I wonder what are first class will be?" Marley asked. "Who knows..." Will replied. As they entered the school.

Sam had gotten up early from his room but had taken a lot of time to get to the classroom since he had to go pick up Leo. "Sorry for making us late, I couldn't wake up." Leo sighed in defeat as he and Samuel walked to class. He looked at the people around them, they all looking at Sam and staring at his uniform. Leo was already used to Sam getting a lot of attention but it was nothing like this.

"Don't worry about it, just focus on class today." Sam nodded his head without turning to look at Leo as they walked into the classroom.

Sayuri slowly woke up to the sound of her second alarm going off, she knew this because all of her alarms were programmed to play different sounds. Before she opened her eyes, she sensed that something was amiss. She was indirectly feeling something on her cat ears. It wasn't constant, but rather short and fleeting. She opened her eyes, and saw a girl with red hair and weird sunglasses and a dreamy smile kneeling next to her bed, stroking her cat ears. She instantly shot up, silently screaming and running to the other side of the room.

"Good morning. I didn't mean to disturb your sleep." The girl said, slowly standing and turning towards her. "Then again, maybe I was. Your alarm was going off, after all. Did you know that when you sleep, you purr like a little kitten? Oh, and your cat ears are so totally adorably adorable. And they feel so velvety! Oh, and your pajamas are adorable, too! What kind of cats are those?" She pointed to the cat faces that dotted Sayuri's pajamas, then seemed to change track. "Oh, whatever. Everything about you reminds me of a cat, so I'll call you Neko-chan! Is that okay?"

"..." Sayuri seemed too scared to respond, slowly inching towards her clothes drawers while keeping an eye on the girl that was apparently her roommate.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" The strange girl asked, giggling afterward. "Heh, see what I did there?"

"..." Sayuri's only response was a blink of surprise, then she quickly reached into her drawers, grabbed the first outfit she saw, and dove into the closet. She came back out a minute later wearing an all baby blue outfit. She started getting creeped out when she saw that the girl hadn't moved from that spot.

"Aww... I liked the kitties." The girl whined jokingly, glancing at the clock. "Shimatta! We're gonna be late!" She grabbed an aluminum bat from by her bed, strapped it to her back, and stood by the door. "Hurry up, Neko-chan!"

"..." Sayuri blinked and nodded, grabbing her ocarina off her dresser and putting it in her skirt pocket. She then grabbed her bow and quiver, strapping them on her back. As soon as she was done, the girl grabbed her hand and dragged her out the door, taking a moment to close and lock it before taking off.

"By the way, Neko-chan, my name is Akako. Some prefer to call me Ashley. You can call me either one. I don't care." Akako said as they ran, having to shout because of the wind whipping past them. They reached the building, prompting Akako to slow down a bit. "Now, let's see... where are we supposed to be?"

Sayuri secretly hoped Akako wasn't asking her, since she had no clue. She was still dizzy from the run, and could barely tell up from down.

Last edited:
James awoke at the sound of his alarm clock and got dressed, washed, and picked up his schedule. He checked it than set off
for his first class. Hr wanted to make a good first impression..or at least continue to do so.

Luna woke up in the infiramy, and stared at the cast on her right arm. She couldn't rememer what happened in the rainforrest, but she must have run into another monster or something. "Good thing I'm left handed..." she mused. She heard a guy ask a nurse if she was in the infirmary, but this made Luna confused. The only other person she even knew at the accademia was a guy named Will, and this guy was certainly not Will.

"You alright?" Jean asked Luna. "I'm your wake up call. Are you well enough to go to class? I can tell the teacher if you don't want to go."

(OOC: Sorry for the late posting. Crap happened with the internet. Now, class begins.

And @Grit;, no problem. Just post whenever you possibly can.)

Demi had already sat within the classroom, face in a book quietly. He had his scarf on, with covered the bottom portion of his face. He hadn't turned to look at his classmates who walked into the room. The boy sat near the front of back corner of the classroom, most likely to not be bothered.

It was only when he'd heard everyone sit down, that he decided to look up. They all seemed to chat within one another. He was the only one who decided to stay silent.

-----------------

With the class seated, a halo of white energy came to the front of the room. It glowed luminously, going over all of the seats of the class. Finally, it went to the front of the room, displaying the names of every student it had accounted for in alphabetical order.

Aedemi Yura
Akako Katomiya
James White
Jean Kubin
John Ulthridge
Leonardo Strike
Luna Rossi
Marley Walker
Samuel Strike
Sayuri Koneka
Will Akabara

Their names were shown on a digital holographic screen above the class, nearing the high ceilings.

"Your names have been displayed," came a soft voice. It was the halo. The halo descended down to the students, bringing down a bright light in front of them. The light cleared, showing a book lying on the table. 'Complete Basics to Spellcasting'. "Spellcasting class shall now commence," with that, the halo descended into the air. "Work is of your own volition."

That would mean that the students had a choice to either work or simply... converse with one another? That's a pretty unorthodox way of study.

Nevertheless, Demi chose to simply read.

Alright, so here's how things work. The teaching system of Vanguard uses an opt-in, opt-out system. Simply state in OOC or spoilers whether you want to opt-in to the lesson, or if you opt-out. If you don't post anything, you've opted out. I'm not going to send you anything late, unless your character does something about it (like go to study or something like that). I will send you what you need to read/do via PM. What you do with it is your choice.

So, Demi opts-in (naturally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom