• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are/were your obsessions?

Reaction score
Could be a hobby, a field of study, culture, or anything :p

Were there things that you were deeply interested into, much than 'usual'?

Things that I have been interested deeply are, to name some from top of my head...

1. Birds. Since meeting a teacher in elementary school who was an expert in them, I read bought field guides and reference books about them. I used to draw them a lot, and had a bird feeder outside until my family moved to the city where I couldn't have it anymore. Though I am not into the topic as much as when I was little, I still read about them often and enjoy watching documentaries about them.
  2. MLP. ...see my avatar and I used to have them in my signature often (might again soon). I saw all of the eps so far and it's been great!
  3. Rock music. Recently I'm into it like crazy. I knew groups like Linkin Park, Green Day, and Evanescence for a while and have liked their songs, but recently I've been obsessed with System of a Down's songs.

I go through these...phases of obsession.
First one was Ancient Egypt, I researched it like crazy and I've got at least a dozen books on it...
Second one was dragons. I loved dragons.
Third one, that I'm still obsessed with is anime and manga. 8D

1. Trance music, dance music, rave music, house music, techno music, and anything related.
2. Building roller coasters.
3. BMGF
4. Leaves in the wind
5. Card games
6. Diplomacy

Previous obsessions (I tried to put these in order):

1. Magic Tree House series - Damn, I used to love these when I was about 7-8. I can't believe it's still going on. I would still read them if I could xD
2. Babysitters Club series - At the same time as my MTH obsession. My favourite babysitter was Claudia.
3. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody - I've watched every episode at least a couple times.
4. The following movies: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Peter Pan (2003 live action -- I've never seen the Disney one), Spider-Man 2, Taxi (2004)
5. All things fantasy
6. Avril Lavigne - When I was about 11.

I have a ton more but I'm too lazy to post.

Present obsessions:
1. Pokémon
2. Dreams
3. Harry Potter
4. Scooby-Doo
5. The Sims 2
6. Emily Haines

Was previously obsessed with:
-Horror movies
-Romance
-Avril Lavigne
-Twilight Saga
-Edward Cullen

And currently obsessed with:
-Chucky/Child's Play
-Vocaloids
-Justin Bieber
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-MY CHILDHOOD SHOWS MAN.

I have too many previous obsessions to name, so I'll just name the current ones.

1. Dream World. I don't know why, but I'm always eager to see what Pokemon I'll see next, and getting to pick which one I get to take back with me.

2. Shiny Hunting/Masuda Breeding. I don't know why this one is so fascinating to me. It's very time consuming, but something about finally hatching that shiny makes it all worth it.

3. College/school. I've become obsessed with school. Something intrigues me, and I just want more. Well, I've got 5+ years of schooling left, so I should be set. XD

4. Day dreaming. It's fun just to space out and let your mind wander. ^^

inb4 BMGf
Several TV shows on Nickelodeon and Disney, The Sisters Grimm series, Harry Potter, bearded dragons, and gerbils. And about ten million other things.

My obsessions:
BMGF: Love it. Am totally and completely addicted to this place. I think it made me crazy @_@

Shiny Pokemon: I love them, I dont really know why, I just do. I think they look cool and go out of my way to find them. I will often soft reset a lot for a target I want.

Glee: OMG i love this show.

Kittens/ cute animals: Since I started volenteering at the animal shelter this summer Ive become a bit obsessed with kittens. I really want one @_@

Last edited:
Hmm, let me think:

Useless facts. Did you know (or do you care) that mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants?
Geography. Have you heard of Tuvalu? None of my friends have.
Politics. I know, boring. But it's nice to know things. Like how the best system of government is a purely symbolic monarchy with a president-less representative democracy in parlaiment, which is why I should probably move to the UK when I grow up
Electronic music. Alternative rock will forever be my favorite genre of music, but I've recently dicovered the joys of house. I worry for my dubstep-loving brother.
My Little Pony. Yo, this show rocks.
The Internet. I find it fascinating that something created by human hands can take on its own rules and its own science and act completely out of our control. Like economics.
Movies. I plan to be a screenwriter when I grow up.

That's all I can think of right now.

• 80's music. Even though I wasn't even alive during that decade. I iherited this from my dad, who loves it. Since I'm little I've been used to hearing songs from the 80's that my dad listens to. :)

• Horror movies. I've developed an obsession with them over the past few years... I'm always looking for good horror movies to watch. I enjoy watching these, even though I usually end up screaming and getting startled a few times, but that's why it's so thrilling. xD

• The color pink. If you couldn't guess, just take a look at my profile. xD Basically, a lot of things I own are pink. To name a few, my laptop is pink, my DS Lite is pink, my Ipod is pink, my room is mostly pink... Hell, even my hair straightener is pink.

• And obviously, I'm a bit obsessed with the Subway Masters and the Pokémon Snivy. :p

Last edited:
previously
- digimon - yeah, up until savers.
- manga - I used to, but not anymore. I prefer anime XDD

present
- pokmon - the games are lolz
- chocolate ice cream - LOLZ
- chocolate - just pure lolz
- any kind of sweets - XDD
- fanarts - LOLZ!! I spend hours surfing the net and collecting them
- fanfics - I LUV to read and write... although I'm on hiatus XDD

- Fast stuff. Animals, Pokémon, music, lightnings... anything. Always liked.
- Salmiakki. The Finnish salty liquorice with ammoniac in it. Tooooo good.
- Collecting all kinds of Pokémon stuff. I'm still not sure if it's a hobby or just a weird obsession I can't get rid of. I even save the packages of the figurines and things. If it's legal, I'm not going to let go.

god, I go through obsessions like water.

- music, but especially rap, & especially underground/sociopolitical/lyrical rap. God I fckin love that kind of rap.
- anime & manga. current animanga obsession would be Girls Bravo
- video games. currently would be MvC3 & Pokemon BW
- sociology. It's impossible to ever fully understand humans & the numerous societies but dammit everything about sociology intrigues me so much
- comics. I love Batman, X-Men, & Deadpool the most
- the 90s in general. I never take off my nostalgia glasses. never.
- ethnic/minority girls. all girls are beautiful but I absolutely love girls with ancestry/ethnicity outside of the Europeans. I'm especially fond of black girls, asian girls, & Native American girls, to be brief.
- radicalism. cuz down with the man, man!
- animals. oh my god I love animals, all animals. God's creatures are so beautiful.
- weed. granted, I'm not a stoner, but I'm constantly stressed & need an escape from reality & this sometimes vice works miracles
- culture. I'm a culture cosmopolitan. Im not fond of American culture, but I love & study many many cultures, some of which include African, Native American, Japanese, Chinese, Irish/Celtic, Norway/Nordic, Filippino, Russian.
- mythology. love mythology, especially Japanese, Native american, & the like
- religion. studying religion is so interesting, just the many various religions, from Abrahamic, Taoism, Buddhism, Shintou, etc. so interesting
- cartoons. especially 90s cartoons.

I have a couple obsessions that I have in my hands.
  • Roads, Highways, Maps, and Signs - I just love this hobby. It's something you see every single day and it really matters to us. It can also get pretty interesting as well, i.e. Zzyzx Road on I-15 to Vegas. I love to take road pictures and basically all my pictures are about signs and roads. I also make up my own signs to go alongside my made-up maps.
  • Airplanes - I just love the different varieties of airplanes and airlines around the worl. This can be really colorful because of all the different liveries. I also have a collection of 1:400 scale commercial airplanes.
  • License Plates - Another interesting hobby of mine. The reason why I like going to tourist-y areas (i.e. San Francisco, Monterey, etc.), but it my end up in my hometown as well. Also, you never know what you can see in a day. This always keeps me awake on long trips on the highways. Even California plates are interesting to me. BTW, I've seen each states' license plates except Delaware and Vermont.
  • Bulbagarden/Facebook - A big obsession of mine. Says for itself, and easily understandable for you people.
  • Information Books - I'm not really a big reader of true literature, but I have a chock-full of informational books. Probably why I'm so smart.
  • Great Design - I'm really picky about the designs I see in my daily life, especially my school's [sucky] yearbook. Why I am in yearbook club this year.

I was obsessed with:
Magic School Bus: Back in the single digits I was completely obsessed with this.
Anime: I still enjoy it, but not to the obsessive degree I used to.
Culinary: Probably got this from my mother, who is a culinaire

Current Obcessions:
Warhammer 40k: God I love this game and it's setting! My main army is Space Wolves. I also have Dark Eldar, Tyranids and Tau, though None of my others are playable. (I hate the new Tyranids codex) The new Necrons are very tempting, but I think my boyfriend will kill me if I start a new army. :p

Dungeons and Dragons/Pathfinder: I loves me some pen-and-paper RPGs.

Call of Cthulhu played using a game system called Pulp Adventure: More heroic characters who don't explode if they read a book

Miniature Painting: I love it even though I haven't painted anything in months. :(

Deathspank: This game is hilarious! I'm on The Baconing right now.

Seismology/Vulcanology: It's a good thing I'm obsessed with this. It is my major after all...

Though my poor tutees will probably cry if I mention the Cascadia Subduction Zone one more time...

I am currently obsessed with Death Note, Pokémon, and Japan in general.
Some of my past obsessions include Kirby, dogs, Japanese erasers, Club Penguin, Avril Lavigne, and SpongeBob. There are a few other things I've been obsessed with, but I can't think of them right now.

My obsessions:
-Transformers, especially Bumblebee. I've had some of my friends, who are way more knowledgeable in Transformer terms, ask me questions on Bumblebee. And I almost always have the right answer.

-Golett and Golurk. But that's kind of a "duh", amirite? :lol:

-GTS. Oh man, I'm on there every single day I can get on there, searching out and saving those that I can. (I've filled one PC box with shiny Goletts and Golurks and now I'm working on a second!)

-Shiny Pokemon. Don't ask me why, but I love 'em.

-Writing. If I'm not working on a fanfic, I'm writing something original. Here's hoping that I'll make a living off of it.

I'm currently obsessed with:

- Video games. I don't just play Pokemon, that's for sure. I always had to have something to play. I like pretty much all types of games.

- Pokemon. Well, of course. Ever since Black/White were released, I've been more obsessed with Pokemon than ever. I even began to watch the Anime again after years away. I was very behind, (The start of Hoenn) and I watched an unhealthy amount to catch up to the present BW series. (which is pissing me off a bit, but that's for another thread)

- Exercise. I'm in an exercise mode at the moment. I always am near the end of the year, for some reason.

- The internet in general. The most dangerously addictive of all, especially YouTube. So many awesome videos to watch, and I start feeling unfulfilled if I haven't made any of my own for a while. Over 800 and counting...

- Reaper. I only got into this show recently, but damn, is it good. So upset it was canceled after just two seasons.

Animals!!
I'm also quite interested in stuff to do with space.
And Pokemon, of course.

Back
Top Bottom