• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Are Your Favorite Background Songs From The Anime?

Oh, I can't believe I forgot these two. Yeah, Advance Adventure was epic. It's the theme that pretty much sums up exactly what Pokemon is about.

Yep. AA was basically the song that got me thinking that "Okay, Advance Generation is a fresh start. This could really work and be awesome." Love that song.

And after reading some of the posts here about the anime Kanto songs, I went back to listen and yeah, they really are some of the best available BGM/Music. All that's required is a list of titles and a jukebox. Some of the OST videos I come across help but aren't exactly the solution.

that team rocket one

"you know us as team rocket
we fight for what is wrong
were tired of our motto
so we thought wed try a song
jessie
james
the speed of light
prepare to fight
meowth thats right
im the gorgeous one
im the handsome one
looking good is lots of fun
we get things done
but we keep rolling along
we want to capture pikachu
we hope to do it soon
and when we do
well be the new stars of this
cartoooooon"

... aka. Roketto Dan yo Eien ni (except horrendously out of tune xD)

... aka. Roketto Dan yo Eien ni (except horrendously out of tune xD)

And horribly butchered lyrics.

Does anyone know the name of the bgm that played when Shinji released Hikozaru and Satoshi asked it to come with him? I absolutely love that one.

Does anyone know the name of the bgm that played when Shinji released Hikozaru and Satoshi asked it to come with him? I absolutely love that one.
I can't remember the scene myself, but Piplup said it was this one, the one Blue Drifblim found for me that I was squeeing over - Diane's Feelings.

Many, many movie bgm's
Kanto Gym Battle
Kanto Champion Battle (they should release this, it is so epic)
Johto Ship (SS Aqua?)
RSE Victory Road
"Crazy Kanto Running Theme" xD
Eterna Forest
Magma Hideout music
Legend, Prayer, Tears after a cloudy weather... all from the soundtrack

the crazy Kanto running theme is called Let's Run!

Prayer was only used once, right? Prayer makes me sad and Tears After The Cloudy Weather ACTUALLY MAKES ME CRY, NO KIDDING

Also, although it was only used once, I like the Control Room song in Leading A Stray

Here:http://pokemonepisode.org/episode-574-leading-a-stray/

this episode had lots of cool songs like the G/S/C Rival Battle theme during the first fight with Swampert

but my favorite was from 17:44 to 19:39 the Control Room song

Last edited:
I'm sure Inori/Prayer's been used much more than just once.

the crazy Kanto running theme is called Let's Run!

I think they were talking about the remix of "Let's Run", which is better, I think. This is "Let's Run" and this is the remix (I presume that's what they were talking about since it's the title of the video)

Oooooooh! I forgot that bgm :-D Call me boring and biased but I think I like the original better!

Prayer was only used once, right

Nope! It was used multiple times! In the scenes mentioned in previous posts, and also, if I remember correctly, during one of Musashi/Jessie's childhood flashbacks in the snow in Kanto.

It was used quite a bit in Kanto for a sad scenes, but became less used as the show went on.

Now, yeah, it almost never shows up. ^^;

All Music from Kanto days (I used to love the Trainer battle music with the guitar alot, but not as much anymore, still like it)
Foretree and Petalberg City music
GSC Anime Bike Music

Another one of my all-time favorites has to be "A Meeting and Parting". It's just got this amazing serene feel to it, and if I recall correctly, it was played at the end of many of the old Kanto eps... has it been heard recently? Because I absolutely love this song. :)

I could say the same, great tune, brings back memories.

Route 208 Anime music

Kanto themes mainly
Prayer, Tears after the cloudy weather, and the 4kids dub song where the spearows chase ash when ash is riding misty's BIKE in episode 1 I choose you

I don't know what it's called but the music that plays whenever there's a very serious/teeth-grinding moment. I know it definitely played when Pikachu fought Blaine's Magmar but I'm not sure of many other times when it played. It might have when they were sent to the island of giant pokemon machines by the gyarados but I'm not sure.

If anyone knows what it's called, please tell me.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zpi0tOQ5JI

0:20 or 1:17 on here

Last edited:
I don't know what it's called but the music that plays whenever there's a very serious/teeth-grinding moment. I know it definitely played when Pikachu fought Blaine's Magmar but I'm not sure of many other times when it played. It might have when they were sent to the island of giant pokemon machines by the gyarados but I'm not sure.

If anyone knows what it's called, please tell me.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zpi0tOQ5JI

0:20 or 1:17 on here

That's the RBY Champion Battle theme, it doesn't have another name because it's not released

I never found the name but there's this song that plays during Ash's battles with J every now and then and it also played in Jirachi Wishmaker from when Brock and May were taken to where Ash and Max were saved by Jirachi and I'd really like to find out the name.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom