• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your predicitons for the end of Shinnoh?

Pokemaster Justin

Lets Do It.
Reaction score
Will Ash actually defeat the league?

Will the league be consist of the Elite 4?

How will the league presentation be different from the other leagues? What will make it distinct from the Indigo league?

I'm actually excited to get to the end of Shinnoh...the writers seem to have gotten out of their predictable rut, using a lot more elements from the game, and overall just shaking things up.

What are your predictions??

I predict that we will all be horribly dissapointed with the results, whatever comes to pass, since we're so unpleasable.

I predict that we will all be horribly dissapointed with the results, whatever comes to pass, since we're so unpleasable.

lol, too true.

All I can predict is Ash losing to Paul in the top-8 of the sinnoh league.

Dawn'll get beat by Zoey in the Sinnoh GF, and then beat her in the next one.

Last edited:
Pokemaster Justin said:
What will make it distinct from the Indigo league?
It won't suck ass? :D

PDL said:
It wouldn't be the Pokémon fandom without aimless, overblown bitching and immature arguements!

Random speculation:

-Ash vs. Paul. Duh. Ash'll win, but the question is where. The finals would obviously be the most dramatic place, but that would require for Ash to *shock and horror* win! But, hell, this is DP, maybe he'll do that for once. A lot of people are convinced we're going to see an Elite Four storyline, after all. I kinda want to say he'll beat Paul in the semi-finals, but will then lose in the finals to... someone. Jun? Nando (ha, yeah right!)? Or most likely, a random character introduced very late in the game. Or someone totally unexpected like Lucas or Jimmy or something, which won't happen.

-Dawn's placing in the Grand Festival? Um, 8? Who knows what'll happen with Zoey and Kenny.

The Indigo League didn't suck thank you very much ;p

Did I spell the region wrong? oops. If someone can correct it I will be very greatful.

well i hope they finaly axe ash after he wins the sinnoh league and pass the tourch to someone eles

well i hope they finaly axe ash after he wins the sinnoh league and pass the tourch to someone eles
By which you mean pass the torch of the role of the main character?

If so, I don't think ditching a character well-liked among the target audience in favor of a new character who would be inevitably despised because of the fact that he were Ash's successor (even if not inheritably unlikable) would be a good idea.

By which you mean pass the torch of the role of the main character?

If so, I don't think ditching a character well-liked among the target audience in favor of a new character who would be inevitably despised because of the fact that he were Ash's successor (even if not inheritably unlikable) would be a good idea.

it worked for king of fighters it worked for digimon it would work for pokemon if done right

Really, I don't know what to expect. Although they're building the Four Emperors up, I still have a hard time seeing Satoshi actually win the league. I figure he'll beat Shinji and make the Top 4. I would be pleasantly surprised if he actually did win the league.

Hikari will probably finish in the Top 8 at the Grand Festival, losing to Nozomi.

And hopefully we get a great resolution to the Ginga Gang plotline.

it worked for king of fighters it worked for digimon it would work for pokemon if done right

Digimon also had one complete series, at which point the role was handed off. There's a big difference between 54 episodes and 500+. There's also the matter that it was much more of an ensemble show (in every incarnation), and plot driven, meaning there was always a natural ending for the characters in sight.

Really, I don't know what to expect. Although they're building the Four Emperors up, I still have a hard time seeing Satoshi actually win the league. I figure he'll beat Shinji and make the Top 4. I would be pleasantly surprised if he actually did win the league.

Hikari will probably finish in the Top 8 at the Grand Festival, losing to Nozomi.

And hopefully we get a great resolution to the Ginga Gang plotline.

Digimon also had one complete series, at which point the role was handed off. There's a big difference between 54 episodes and 500+. There's also the matter that it was much more of an ensemble show (in every incarnation), and plot driven, meaning there was always a natural ending for the characters in sight.

i know im just getting tired of looking at ash and come on for ash to lose at a leauge again would just be stupid let him win and pass the tourch but that doesnt mean ash cant show up and show the rookie whos the big boss :)

I'll be bold and say Satoshi will beat Shinji in the finals and go on to face the Elite 4. No idea how far he'll get or what everyone else will do.

Well, I'm just hoping Hikari and Shinji and all those other new characters will leave. They're just not fun.

Well, I'm just hoping Hikari and Shinji and all those other new characters will leave. They're just not fun.

I feel exactly the opposite
I hope Ash and Dawn permamently stay the stars (and with the fact Dawn is the FIRST character ever to be shown as equal to him, we can't use the stupid fan made pattern of "the girls always change")
And I'd like Paul to join the group for next saga (BF or whatever)

This is what I'd like to see...
- J and Galactic being handled better than Magma/Aqua (though it seems we can already say it's better) but unlike others I also won't like them to appear too much... I'm not really into this evil team stuff but more into Gyms/Contests (especially Contests) and funny episodes or ones that focus on the Poké

- Ash get Riolu *hide*

- Paul continue his increasing interest in Ash and begins to seriously doubt his ways a little

- Ash battle in the Sinnoh league everyone who told him they're also doing Gyms: Minnie, Leona, Allan... was there anyone else? possbily Jun and hopefully Nando... Paul is obvious

- Final league battle: Ash VS Paul
Chimchar (hopefully Infernape already or evolve during battle) will beat Magmortar and Pika will beat Electabuzz/Electivire
We'll probably see the other rival Poké battle as well - Grotle/Torterra, Staravia/Honchkrow (hopefully Staraptor by then), Gliscor/Gliscor and Buizel/Weavile

- Ash beat Paul and win the Sinnoh league

- Paul begin to change but keep his personality... he join Ash and get back his soothe bell

- Dawn gets to the GF (hopefully Pip/Pachi get revenge on Hearthome and do a successful double perofrmance this time... since it looks like we won't get second Hearthome Contest)
She'll beat Nando (if he'll return) Pip/Bunny VS Roserade/whatever and get revenge on her first battle lose
Than she'll beat Zoey - Bunny/Ambi VS Glameow/whatever since both should get revenge at Glameow
And now lose to Kenny

Ash challenge the E4 - beat all of them but lose to Cynthia
Ash, Dawn and Paul (possibly Brock if they want to try a group of four again or so can't let him leave) go to Johto for the new BF and Contests
Paul doesn't battle in the BF or something like that... he takes the role of the sidekick but hopefully do more than Brock and no doubt will be more interesting than him
Paul learn in this journey from watching Ash and Dawn
Ash win the BF and Dawn beat Kenny this time in the Johto GF

If there's a little more time until next generation (as said before I really think we'll have to wait longer this time) I'd like to see something like the Orange Islands that had Gyms that weren't only battles but some other missions to get the badge
They can have Contests similar to that (maybe that will be the chance to make dance Contest, dress up Contest and such things)
They can do it in the Sevii Islands to make up for only giving the whole place just one Chronicles episode

For next generation - Paul leave (and Brock too if he didn't already) and go to challenge the Kanto BF to be equal/surpass Reggie and than he'll go to Orange Islands to catch up with Ash too

Ash and Dawn go together to next region and a new sidekick join them which is the male games hero (if they want a group of four- take the female too)

I think Scott will come and introduce Ash to the new Platinum battle frontier with Dawn and Brock.

I think Dawn won't win the Sinnoh Grand festival

And i also think Ash won't win the Sinnoh grand championships

That is what i think anyway.

M predictions would be:

Ash challanges the league but loses at first try. Paul challanges the league but gets a little farther than Ash but can't beat Cynthia. Ash has a go at it again and beats it in end. Paul is not pleased but being who he is, its his own doing.

Ash win the BF and return home again as he usually does.

I have more, but in class and can't post more now

But you have to win the Sinnoh league to challenege Sinnoh's E4
So they can't really make both Ash and Paul challenge them but only one of them who will win the league

I feel exactly the opposite
I hope Ash and Dawn permamently stay the stars (and with the fact Dawn is the FIRST character ever to be shown as equal to him, we can't use the stupid fan made pattern of "the girls always change")
And I'd like Paul to join the group for next saga (BF or whatever)

D=

That is so wrong. So, so wrong. I'm so shocked I can't even explain how wrong.

I really really hope they'll KEEP that pattern of changing the girl, and hope the Gen V girl will not suck as much as Hikari does.

My predictions:

-Ash loses in the finals aginst Cynthia.

-Dawn pulls another "May" (From that I mean she'll lace in the top 8 of the grand Festival)

- Brock leaves the group until the next season.

-James catches another Pokemon.

-Jun and Paul battle and Paul wins.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom