• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you like about Sun&Moon?

I can finally comment after finishing the main story.

I really liked how the Mascot was involved with the story this time, it was a real refreshing change. I liked seeing Nebby/Cosmog so involved with the plot and story and then evolve into the mascot, Lunala.

The region itself was very nice and had a different feel I liked. I liked most of the characters. Very lovely and I enjoyed exploring it.
Vast Poni Canyon was cool to go through.

I really enjoyed the Island Trials, a nice change of pace from the gyms I wish they would keep doing new things like that. I liked all the Trial Captains and how involved they were.

POKERIDE. One of the best things ever I hope it replaces HMs permanetly because it was so much better than having to put HMs and take up moveslots on all your team.

I enjoyed the increased difficulty. I did not breeze through the game and battles had decent difficulty. I lost Totem Battles a few times and such. I had to use the Exp Share a few times and tbat didnt ruin the difficulty.

I enjoyed Customization being back.

Something obscure:
I love Incineroar's animations. While I was disappointed at first that he wasn't as cute as Torracat (I freaking love Torracat) his smug little face and how he behaves when using his Z move is oh so cute!

I have yet to use the other starters in battle, but I love them too! I rather like all the starters' evolutions this time.

I liked that Colress returned. He's one of my favorite characters in recent generations, and has the potential to be a phenomenal antagonist. And I love that he mentioned Mega evolution - I knew he'd be interested in it.

So even though Lycanroc are version-exclusive evolutions, I just found out today that they aren't version exclusive themselves and I can get Midnight Form in Sun at night time at the Vast Poni Canyon, which is great since I only need it for the dex entry.

I liked that Colress returned. He's one of my favorite characters in recent generations, and has the potential to be a phenomenal antagonist. And I love that he mentioned Mega evolution - I knew he'd be interested in it.
He's more interested in Z-moves, implying that they are the power he was looking for.

He's also not really much of an antagonist anymore, though I guess there's no guarantee that he has to stick to that.

-While the Alola region is flawed, it's explorable indeed. There are more optional zones than Kalos and many different enviroments that I revisit even If I have nothing to do there. The next Hoenn without a doubt.
-The new Pokemon are very solid. Back in prerelease period I thought they were quite simple, but now I enjoy their concepts and how all 81 of them are unique, innovative and can stand on their own. My favorite gen after Gen 2.
-Aether foundation is awesome. It already was the Evil team of my dreams and they fulfilled my expectations. A female boss that wants to do something for the greater good instead of taking over the world, admins that aren't clones of each other and who have an unique relationship within them, grunts that aren't dressed for a Halloween party, a family aspect to a member of them...I love them. While Skull's story is meh at best they make an excellent foil to Aether.
-The Pokedex. I like that Pokedex entries show up after evolutions and recieved gifts and trades, and the dynamic poses have some charm.
-Battle Royale is better than expected. There's something relaxing in seeing the AI troll itself and it's quite fun.

Last edited:
These games are my absolute favorite Pokemon games of all, bar none. I love so much about them. But the most important thing to me is the story, which actually made me feel something. I cried, I felt an actual attachment to the human characters. They didn't just feel like nuances who were there to block my access for the creatures I actually play the game for. I haven't felt that since B/W, but I felt it much stronger this time, and it's much more difficult these days to make me feel something from a piece of media.

Lillie has become my favorite human of all of Pokemon, and the human designs in general improved by a vast amount. I was actually able to take them seriously, and they didn't just look like a bunch of colors and ridiculous clothing slapped together like human designs have been looking like since Gen III. The more realistic city design, as well as non-chibi proportions for overworld characters, and removal of the grid greatly improved the immersion and experience for me as well. Then there's the removal of the gyms and more emphasis on nature and exploring the wild to solve trials. For the first time, Pokemon felt like a modern day JRPG, and it felt worthy to me of being grouped together with the likes of Final Fantasy 6 in terms of story quality. After my vast disappointment in Gen VI, I didn't expect this level of quality and care. Plus, the difficulty actually became quite challenging, and made it much easier to form bonds with my Pokemon.

Lastly, I enjoy the Rotom Dex. I thought it was going to be annoying from the pre-release period, but it actually turned out to be a likeable character on its own, commenting on story events and adding some much-needed dialogue that my character could not answer. I also like the percentage rate shown on the Pokedex. Makes me far more motivated to fill it.

- Lillie. I think that's all I need to say
- The fact items/parts of the overworld you can interact with (like the books in the library) pop out due to their more solid and colourful form, like in old school cartoons
- All the different battle poses you can have

I've had the game since release, but I've been taking it slow and doing a lot of exploring before moving through the story (which I am in love with so far). So many interesting things I can't wait to watch develop! So many questions I can't wait to have answered!

I love a lot of things, but specifically, I loved Acerola's trial.

I can't help but feel like taking pictures of ghost Pokemon in an abandoned building is sort of like a nod back to the level they removed in Pokemon Snap (originally they had planned to have a ghost-themed level in Snap but removed it before the game was released, despite the music for that level being completed). It would have been incredible if they had been able to include a version of that music track during the trial, as a way to tie the 20th anniversary and the 3DS in to the Nintendo 64 and what Poke Finder obviously draws inspiration from.

Also, Mimikyu!! His little room with newspaper clippings and photographs of Pikachu is adorably bittersweet.

I enjoyed The storyline and the fact that you no longer have to soft reset or breed for IVs (in theory). I also enjoyed the fact they they are implementing the Delta Species concept form the TCG and hope this will be a trend that continues in future games (along with Megas and Mythical pokemon being catchable without a time limit like Deoxys and Magearna).

The characters however are the highlight.

Last edited:
Unlike X and Y, the story of Sun and Moon was easy to follow and the characters were actually likeable. Despite being story driven, the characters made it fun and had a nice dash of suspense mixed in. Oh, and Ride Pokemon! That will always be a fun gimmick! Definitely a step up from bikes and HMs.

Even though I don't like how Hau had an Eeveelution on his team right after Calem/Serena had one, I like that they at least didn't just go with the Kanto 3 and gave him a Leafeon if you chose Popplio. Having a Glaceon for Rowlet users would have been nice.

I also enjoyed the fact they they are implementing the Delta Species concept form the TCG and hope this will be a trend that continues in future games
It's quite different from Delta Species-these are naturally-occurring while Deltas were man-made, and have visual differences that Deltas didn't-but it's still a very great feature. Here's hoping for more regional variants in the future!

Though the last cutscene in the game is way too long without getting an option to save in between, I loved every minute of it. It was so much fun to see the characters I've met along the way dancing and having fun together, it gave them a lot more personality too. And man those credits, that was some amazing art and it was great to see what all the characters are up too now, and it made me very close to crying. But really that was the best ending to a Pokémon game ever imo.

I liked the diffrent aproach in abilities and way of creating pokemon.
Liked the idea f islnads.
Now Im waiting for a ice tundra
or a pure hot desert area with maybe one river and mountains.

Loved the Trials. Truly a refreshing spin on Gyms.
Z-moves, from their power boost to their animation, is another welcome addition to the battling scene.
The story was beautiful. Much more in-depth than what we had so far.
Found many soundtracks that I will listen to while going online.
I loved the Battle Royale. It's the kind of thing you'd see in a Battle Frontier-like facility. At least it's more interesting (and less on the AI cheating) than the Alola Battle Tower, oops, I meant battle Tree.

Story and characterization is pretty good.
Trials are a good spin on gyms
Difficulty is pretty good
Lusamine was a pretty good challenge and now we finally have a female evil team leader.
Z-moves let you do cool stuff and helps more pokemon than mega evolution does. I especially like the rock type Z-move since it lets you deal huge rock damage with perfect accuracy which we otherwise don't have (unless you're Diancie).
Alolan forms helps several pokemon like Raichu and Muk.
Poke Pelago makes berry growing easier than it has ever been. No watering, flying, weeds or pests and you can even speed up growth for long periods of time.
Poke Pelago makes EV training very easy as it lets you make ev spreads like how I make pizza pops with a microwave. Pop em in set it and come back later. Easy and convenient.
Bottle caps makes IV breeding easier as long as you can gain access to them. With breeding standards lower it makes it less of a headache. It also lets you run any hidden power without trading important stats.
Bottle caps aren't that hard to access if you know what you're doing in festival plaza. Farming shards in Poke Pelago also nets you a cap every once in a while.
Hot springs hatch eggs for you. Almost makes up for no more hatching o power.
I'm not a fan of SOS changing for HAs but getting 4 perfect ivs is pretty sweet.
Music is good as always
HMs are gone. nuff said. Let's hope they stay dead.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom