• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

320 words today, along with some tweaks because I forgot one of the things I was doing with Tsuguo. Had some stuff to take care of today, so it wasn't easy to devote as much time to writing as I normally could. Decided to swap the idea I originally had with another one that's a little better, but since I've written it, I need to figure out the choreography after it.

Wrote a page of idea dumping for the crack fic last night, and I’m fairly sure it’s been somewhat influenced by me taking out Miitopia in the middle of it and working some skills of a particular job class into someone’s move arsenal. stares at Healing Melody

152 words today and a tweak or two. Did think of a bit of the choreography and wrote it, but thinking it might be better to end it at the previous "stop"... At the very least, I don't think more choreography would be worthwhile, even though I was trying to fill out some of the in-story time with it.

Wrote a page to continue the crack crossover and end what I’m calling part 0 of the plot (or the prologue, in other terms), then wrote three-or-so pages of vague plotting (which kinda relied on finding out how many parts a robotic arm can be logically split into, and narrowed it down to 5) and idea dumping for the RPG fighting mechanic which I’m fairly sure won’t see much screentime anyway, but goddamnit if the keyboard sword/beat saber concept scribbled in the notes isn’t cool.

Something more than 235 words today total (just using the count from Aerosteel because I don't feel like getting the total). Did a read through of both sides of the scene and seems to be fine, so I think it was just that I was really frustrated yesterday with how little choreography I could come up with and how long it was taking to write it. Anyway, I did end the choreography with what I wrote yesterday and continued the scene on. Also made some fixes to Umi's dialogue much earlier in the story, which I noticed while working on the bbcode conversion thing I mentioned about a couple or so posts ago.

Plot update: the crackfic has decided to pull a Hollow Knight lite and have some sort of memory-wiping wrath-inducing infection going on, which saves me the trouble of having to create a kingdom ruler-esque final boss character and instead have the main source of the blight in its place, I guess. Dunno if a plague that can temporarily have its infected pacified by playing music is something that edges into grimdark territory, but whatever. Funny how I throw in a major Metroidvania plot element into a mostly RPG-themed fic.

383 words today between Aerosteel and Uncoloured. Probably also did some tweaks, but I don't remember rn. Also thought of a scene for one of my many WIP stories, which helps gives a reason for a thing that happens within it, and added it to the meagre amount of notes it has. Anyway, not sure which story to work on for now, since the next crossover scene won't be until early November (currently mid-May for both stories), and it'll also be pretty short. Maybe I should work on Uncoloured more so I can maybe figure out/establish Tsuguo better... Guess I'll figure something out tomorrow.

Wrote half a page of aigad chapter 8 two days ago, and wrote another page and a half for crack plotting and another two pages for the actual story. I swear, this damn crossover becomes just a little bit more like Hollow Knight every time I outline it.

Back
Top Bottom