• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

What kind of trainer are you?

• I have Pokemon

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I have cool Pokemon

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • I have strong Pokemon

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Armads

Professional Asshole
Reaction score
"I have Pokemon" - Trainers that focus mostly on collecting lots of Pokemon and filling the Pokedex

"I have cool Pokemon" - Trainers that focus mostly on getting their favorites

"I have strong Pokemon" - Trainers that focus on battling and strengthening Pokemon

I have cool pokemon.

For the most part, I collect and raise my favorites. Because I care deeply for each individual pokemon, I usualy only raise six during the course of the main game, simply for the sake of being able to pay attention to them all, so nobody gets left out. Even after I finish the game, I cach more then one of most speices (most often a mating pair) so my pokemon won't be "Lonely" if i'm not there. Among my pokemon, there seems to be a "kingdom" led by my starter pokemon and his or her mate, which has resulted in many unwriten finfictions about pokemon kingdoms. Also, speaking of which, I find it vaulger and distasetful to breed my pokemon with more then one other. When I breed my pokemon, they become "Married" and share box space, battles, ect, and never are bred with any other pokemon execpt eachother (The expetion is Ditto, in which case I look for a suedo mate, like I did for my Mothim.) I also try to keep the offspring with them as well, with the largest faimlys having there own box, such as my female Glaceon, her Pachirisu mate, and there children. My seven-generation Flygon faimly share there own box with my Garchomp faimly as well. I also don't chain breed, because I find that disgusting too.

For the most part, I'm the first one- I'm always stuck before the game technically ends, so I'm trying to scrabble for some pokemon to finally beat the dang thing and get a team I want. I voted for the second, because when I can, I get a team I really want. I'd especially want a Dark or Normal team, but those are always limited in the games until you get past the Elite Four or throw in some pokemon from other games you have. It's lousy. Here's hoping they eventually make a game with all the regions...

"I have cool Pokemon" ~ I love having my favorites. I'm working on my normal-type team right now :p

I have cool pokemon.

If I find a pokemon that catches my interest, I like to train it and raise it to level 50. Then I use them on Pokemon Battle Revolution. I especially like to raise starter pokemon, but I'm having trouble getting the second generation right now.

I have cool pokemon.

I like to get my favs and raise them at the same time. Um... like, training one to 30 then training another and another until they are all equal then starting again. It takes ages, but all my pokemon grow equally. >< ;;; so..yeah

I have Cool Pokemon. I'm focusing on raising a team of Level 100 favorites of mine. Currently, I've got a Blaziken, Lucario, Rayquaza, Torterra, Umbreon, and Feraligatr at level 100.

I have Pokemon that don't suck. :p Seriously though, I've always been a fan of the ones who are built like tanks; the headers of my first serious team were Nidoqueen and Blastoise and I still love both of them. I also love water/electric types.

I have cool pokemon.

I like to get my favs and raise them at the same time. Um... like, training one to 30 then training another and another until they are all equal then starting again. It takes ages, but all my pokemon grow equally. >< ;;; so..yeah

:O It are my answer!

I always train my favourites. Unfortunately my obsession with Drifblim prevents me from using any other Flyer or Ghosts. I <3 my balloon! :3

I have cool pokemon.

If I find a pokemon that catches my interest, I like to train it and raise it to level 50. Then I use them on Pokemon Battle Revolution. I especially like to raise starter pokemon, but I'm having trouble getting the second generation right now.

Haha, that's my answer! I get lots of pokemon that I want, then I usually send them to Pearl (or to Diamond if I caught them on Pearl) so they level up faster.

Last edited:
Are we alowed to say more?

When it comes to raising pokemon, I do better at raising one at a time. On my main team, my group is kept at even level, with only my starter growing past the limit. (On XD I once had a team of level 40's headed by a level 70 Espeon for the boss battle) One of these days, I could write a life story for my best pokemon, because there life is played out like a story, only it's a perfect story because I want the best for them. Once I start training a pokemon, I become mentaly attached to them. Sometimes we even have our own song! (The song for me and my Mothim is that one song from Highschool musical, I belive it's called "The start of something new", the one for my Raqauza is the song from pokemon heros, "Till the end", this almost aways happens because I get a song stuck in my head while i'm training them.) In the end, I'm a caring trainer, I don't worry about the pokedex, but other then that, lets just say, "I have strong pokemon", because I have "Cool pokemon".

Last edited:
I'm actually an equal number of them all. My PC is filled to the brim with Pokemon, and when it comes to my team I have a few Pokemon that I mainly have because they're my favorite, and a few that I mainly use for their l33t battle skills.

I'm probably more inclined towards being a "cool trainer", though.

I hear ya, I figured just about everybody would be some combination of them. I mostly collect and raise my favorites, but over the weekend I've been focused a lot on getting pokemon I just don't have.

I chose the "I have cool Pokemon" option. I don't care how strong a Pokemon is, if I don't like it, forget it. I like to raise my favorites. Sometimes they're strong, sometimes they're not. I don't base my liking for a Pokemon over their stats or strength, but by how much I actually like them. I'd take a team of six of my favorites over six uber powerhouses any day. I never really cared about filling the Pokedex, either.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom