• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What Kinds of Extra Content Should the Series Have?

I want Max Raid battles to stay, or at least have some sort of co-op feature where we can use any Pokemon we want against the AI. I don't mind having teammates who want to show off their shiny Pokemon just as long as they bring the right Pokemon against an AI opponent.

Other than that, Pokemon Camp should stay and be expanded upon as well as fixing a few issues with it, like shrinking the hitbox size for larger Pokemon in wild areas so they can interact just like in non-wild areas.

I kinda want there to be 'dungeons', which are optional areas that are puzzle/riddle based. They can hold rare items or pokemon and are littered over the overworld. They should require varying levels of equipment (suppose something like poke ride, where you would unlock different ride pokemon) to traverse or locate them. It'd be pretty cool if they were all tied to a new legendary pokemon (a less important one), like it could provide some lore about it and you could find its location or something after completing all of them. You have to actively find their locations and this would encourage more exploration.

Basically like how shrines were implemented in Breath of the Wild to be honest, or similar to the Regis in Gen 3.

While I understand that USUM's picture feature was "removed" becuase of the Switch screenshot thing I still think there should be an option where you can set up your trainer and team for snapshots. Especially since the base concept were still present in the form of Trainer cards.

If anything, I want them to allow us to place more than one Pokemon in the picture since it would make for really cool trainer photos.

I kinda want there to be 'dungeons', which are optional areas that are puzzle/riddle based. They can hold rare items or pokemon and are littered over the overworld. They should require varying levels of equipment (suppose something like poke ride, where you would unlock different ride pokemon) to traverse or locate them. It'd be pretty cool if they were all tied to a new legendary pokemon (a less important one), like it could provide some lore about it and you could find its location or something after completing all of them. You have to actively find their locations and this would encourage more exploration.

Basically like how shrines were implemented in Breath of the Wild to be honest, or similar to the Regis in Gen 3.

I kind of want to merge this with Mirage Spots from ORAS. I like the idea of having new areas to explore every day, it gives the game more evergreen content. Kind of like the Max Raid Battles, but on a larger scale. Maybe there could also be a rare Pokemon at the end for you to fight.

I'm pretty surprised that we can't make our own gyms yet. You can pick a type speciality and customise the interior like you did with super secret bases. First choose either a singles (3v3) or doubles (4v4) format. Then just create a team with the desired type, perhaps add some gym trainers, upload it and you're good to go. The battles should be standardised like in the postgame battle facilities (no bag, level 50s, set battle style etc). You can challenge other people's gyms and get rewards from them.

Perhaps make it so you can only challenge a gym once per day, and it switches randomly daily. This can keep you coming back for more. They could even implement a tier system, where beating more challenging ones (those with lower success rates) offer better rewards and perks.

Last edited:
I'm pretty surprised that we can't make our own gyms yet. You can pick a type speciality and customise the interior like you did with super secret bases. First choose either a singles (3v3) or doubles (4v4) format. Then just create a team with the desired type, perhaps add some gym trainers, upload it and you're good to go. The battles should be standardised like in the postgame battle facilities (no bag, level 50s, set battle style etc). You can challenge other people's gyms and get rewards from them.

Perhaps make it so you can only challenge a gym once per day, and it switches randomly daily. This can keep you coming back for more. They could even implement a tier system, where beating more challenging ones (those with lower success rates) offer better rewards and perks.

I agree but I guess it's cause you are the champion and not just anybody. It'll be fun though.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom