• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What music are you into

WhatMusic are you into?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say classic rock, alternative rock, ska, reggae, and some orchestral stuff.

Thinking of jazz:

I've been enjoying an old Freddie Hubbard LP recently, "Straight Life," and am trying to find some of my Herbie Hancock albums. Also on my turntable as of late is George Benson's "Good King Bad." A very nice release.

Generally alt. rock, classical rock, classical, a bit of trance, some jazz...

...and maybe some other things if they are really worth listening to - otherwise I don't bother.

A bit of everything really. Apart from classical probably.

Rock would probably be first choice, but I also like a bit of hip-hop, pop and even little bit of country. Some retro stuff from the 80's and 90's doesn't go a miss either.

Some lighter rock like Nickelback and goo goo dolls. Mostly i like modern heavy metal and a few death metal songs from Arch Enemy.

Musical Theater aka Showtunes, movie scores, a touch of pop, classic, a touch of opera, and of course lovely jpop. I'm not so much a genre/band/artist person as I am a song person. I have tons of itunes though....XD I need to get rid of some of my music....

I like totally love jpop music... =p

I also like Classical music too...

I don't like Emo, Rap, and hip-hop.

Rule number 1... NEVER ask me to describe my musical tastes!!!

I am in love with They Might be Giants!! I've loved them since I was 9. Haven't got to see them live, but man, if they ever come to Denver, I might just have a stroke. I also love Grandaddy (cried like an emo when they broke up... never got to see them live!), Muse (saw them live and my mind was BLOWN), The Stranglers (without Hugh Cornwell, they're useless) Hugh Cornwell, Peter Gabriel, Talking Heads, Mindless Self Indulgence, Kanye West, Wasis Diop, Fleetwood Mac and Electric Light Orchestra! Oh, and the Beatles... I'm named after the song Julia! :D I like the idea of being named after a song; I want to have a daughter named Melissa (after the Allman Brother's Band song 'Melissa') and a son named Simon after the song Saint Simon by The Shins (who I also saw live and promptly screamed like a 13 year old girl at an NSYNC concert in 99... they sang Saint Simon!). Let's see who else do I love... Aimee Mann, Neko Case, Elvis Costello, The Cloud Room (discovered them when they opened for Muse), Man or Astroman?, Moody Blues (saw them live as well!), Guster (discovered them when they opened for BNL, saw them in their own tour this last September), The Rezillos... my list goes on! Sorry!!! To me, Emo is a joke. I also believe punk IS dead. It was a beautiful thing in the 70's, but instead of being properly revived it has been taken over by bands with whiny boys who slather on the eyeliner and whose voices all sound the same. So, emo.

Last edited:
in more ways than one

For me it's pretty much anything made before 1980. I even like stuff that was recorded some 100 years ago!

I listen to some TV themes, gospel, smooth jazz, some rock, and some trance most of the time, but I can listen to almost anything but rap, though.

I rarely listen to the radio, because it just plays the same thing a lot of times.

I like J-pop, J-rock, Rock, and Eurobeat a lot. Although I want to keep my music tastes as a secret. ^_^

Mainly a lot of smooth jazz.

And Pokémon music, because Satoshi Tajiri owns my soul.

Pokemon music isn't really that interesting. What I hear is some music playing and singing and some shouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom