• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What *one* video game could you play for the rest of your Iife?

Hard to choose only one, but Stardew Valley is technically endless (and dangerous for my schedule), especially when playing with mods. And that's without mentiong how much more fun and time-consuming is to make mods and custom art for the game yourself :')

Of the games I've sunk serious time into - Gold, Pearl, HeartGold, Civ V, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate and Warhammer: Total War II - Civ V probably cinches it for replayability, but to be honest I think it'd be fairly hellish to be stuck with any single title. I infrequently buy new games and tend to sink days into a single existing title at a time, but I do regularly rotate through them.

There are a lot of games I love, but after thinking on this for quite a while, I'd say it's a tie between Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Sons of Liberty is one of the first MGS games I've played, so it holds a lot of nostalgia for me when I first played it around '02/'03; I also love the story in both games, and controls in both feel great. Alongside like, three other games, these two have the most hours I've put into compared to other games I own. Also, I just really, really like Raiden so much, he's one of my top favorite male characters in video games. So one (or both) of these games I'd be satisfied with only playing forever. (unless another game features him as a protagonist again, like a MGR2, then I'd probably have to rethink the last bit lol)

Probably an answer everyone no one saw coming, FFXIV. I thought about it for a bit and tbh it’s the answer that just makes the most sense. I’ve already devoted a lot of my time to the game (3 years of my life now?), the financial grip of it being a strong motivator and the fact that I’m fed content on a treadmill would keep me from ever feeling sick of it especially if I’m playing it for the rest of my eternity.

There’s also just a lot to grind!

My second answer would be Minecraft without a doubt. With endless modding and build possibilities, I’d surely end up making a whole city for myself, and the gameplay could be ever changing. There are games I hold close to my heart like these, but they just wouldn’t be a fitting answer because as much as I love them I doubt my attention will be kept for that long… LOL

Probably an answer everyone no one saw coming, FFXIV. I thought about it for a bit and tbh it’s the answer that just makes the most sense. I’ve already devoted a lot of my time to the game (3 years of my life now?), the financial grip of it being a strong motivator and the fact that I’m fed content on a treadmill would keep me from ever feeling sick of it especially if I’m playing it for the rest of my eternity.

There’s also just a lot to grind!

My second answer would be Minecraft without a doubt. With endless modding and build possibilities, I’d surely end up making a whole city for myself, and the gameplay could be ever changing. There are games I hold close to my heart like these, but they just wouldn’t be a fitting answer because as much as I love them I doubt my attention will be kept for that long… LOL
Yeah this is probably tied for my #1 too. In regular single-player games I'd do everything and then have little left but in FFXIV there's always something I can work on, and I'm so attached to my character. If I had to play only that game I'd definitely not complain <3

Well I've been playing RuneScape since I was 10 years old and am 27 years old now and still playing it (taking a little bit of a break from it right now though, haven't logged in since early November), so I can imagine I'll play that for the rest of my life.

Probably... Transformice?
The gameplay itself is pretty straightforward, but the interactions with other players (as... much of a mixed bag as those can be) keep things fresh enough that I somehow haven't quit yet after 10 years.

Sonic Adventure 2 always comes to mind. I've already played it countless times over the years and still love it. There are enough stages for variety, and the Chao Garden alone would keep me busy for quite a while. Plus the Chao Garden is genius in encouraging you to go replay stages to get animals and Chaos Drives to feed the Chao, and to pass time when they are at Daycare and stuff.

I gotta say, Wylde Flowers is so good and I think I'm gonna add it to my list of games I could play forever. Only into summer year 1 but it's such a fun and well-crafted game. One of the best I've played. Great voice acting too, especially for Tara. Love! <3

No doubt, Pokémon. Specifically, gen5, I could listen to that music all day, every day, I also love the gameplay, and the ways that you can interact in the world around you.

considering it's basically one of the only games I play on my downtime until I get motivated to try any others.... Final Fantasy XIV is a pretty obvious choice for me. admittedly, it'll get rather annoying during the more drier patches finding stuff to do, but i'll make do. XIV really made some of my best gaming memories, so this is a pretty easy pick for me.

Back
Top Bottom