• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

I stopped putting off the inevitable and finished the Crisis Core remake at long last (I was bracing myself so hard and it still hurt tremendously) so now I'm playing the Super Mario RPG remake as planned. It's a great palate cleanser after the back-to-back pain of FF7 and Crisis Core, and I'm really enjoying it despite not having made it too far in yet. I never played the original game so the remake is something I've been pretty excited for.

Super Mario 3D World: Rolled credits! I know there's post-game stages too though, including unlocking Rosalina who's just, like, so good. She has a 360 degree attack in her base-form, I don't have to jump on things, so good. So I've still got that to get to.

Resident Evil 4make: Currently in chapter 4. Feeling pretty good about my place in the world right now, was able to sell a bunch of high-quality treasures now that I have the wayshrine key, upgraded so many weapon attributes (really helps that I just sold the sniper and the punisher because sniping just wasn't a generally useful thing I found and because I already had the shotgun for hitting multiple things, so I had both more money and less to spend it on). Defeated El Gigante with help from that dog I helped out of a trap back at the start of chapter 3 (absolutely fantastic detail, wonderful element to include), so now I just need to get into the church and find Ashley. I'm sure that there'll be no additional complications once I find her and we'll be able to escape the village and get her home safe without incident.

Crash 4: I guess I decided to just roll through the whole game again? Up to the ice stage. Maybe this time I'll actually have the desire to, y'know, actually play the final Cortex stage once I reach it, as opposed to last time where my general distaste for Cortex's mechanics and a complete lack of interest in the concept of doing that final gauntlet again caused me to just completely skip the non-mandatory stage.

I've been cycling among the three major Elder Scrolls games for months, and now I'm back on Skyrim. I just got the Anniversary Edition upgrade a couple weeks ago and have now resumed my slice-of-life roleplay as a half-Orc. Now I find myself tripping over Creation Club content randomly lol, and I love it. It's so nondescript, much like a lot of the content in Morrowind.

Would I be able to play Palworld on an HP laptop, or not? It's the only computer I currently have that works, and I've become quite interested in giving Palworld a try.
Screenshot 2024-02-05 184728.png

Here's the system requirements from steam.

Huh? I uh......don't really know what that all means, honestly. Computer lingo isn't my strong suit. Is that a yes or a no?
If you type "system information" in your Laptop's home screen (should be the bottom right area of the screen.), you should find your specs.

I sadly also lack the knowledge about computer stuff, though one thing you could try if buying the game and refunding it if it doesn't work. (You can refund a game on steam if you've had it less than 14 days and played it for less than 2 hours.)

1000005855.jpg

Its so funny how the previous Magikarp gives advice to the new one with a bunch of "... ... ..." lol

I'm playing SoulSilver for a bit before I cook dinner, but I can't stop checking on my Magikarp. Ugh.

Would I be able to play Palworld on an HP laptop, or not? It's the only computer I currently have that works, and I've become quite interested in giving Palworld a try.
I was able to successfully play Monster Hunter World on "an HP laptop" (a 2.2Ghz 4-core) ... that is, assuming you (the player) can abide by an average <5 frames per second (and, because it's apparently below the game engine's minimum framerate, massive actual slowdown).

On the other hand, if Palworld can run on a Steam Deck then that is no doubt a better option. (MHW runs on a Steam Deck like Rise runs on NSW.)

Super Mario 3D World: Haha, wow this game just keeps going, huh? After the World Star you get for clearing the game that you unlock Rosalina in, there's a World Mushroom, and it looks like a big one, so that's something I'm doing now.

Resident Evil 4make: Rescued Ashley from the church, escape was not as clean as I'd hoped. Buncha Ganados attacked us, the extraction chopper couldn't get it, turns out we have spooky parasites in us, it's a whole thing. So now we're trying to get to a safe space until Luis contacts us about getting those out. It's going about as well as can be expected, I suppose, what with an entire village out to kill me/re-kidnap Ashley. Ada showed up, too. Kinda weird how they recast her between games, though. Bit jarring honestly, her vibe's kinda totally different.

Crash 4: Done through the Dino Dimension, scored the Living Fossil and Floater skins for Coco.

Picked up Breath of Fire 3 for the first time in a while. Started a new playthrough. I'm only at the very early game, where Ryu, Rei, and Teepo decide to try to steal food from Bunyan. That will totally end well for the trio. No doubt. Ryu is Level 3, Teepo is Level 3, and Rei is Level 5, and I've since gained the Burn and Unmotivate Skills, with Burn now part of Ryu's arsenal so he has a decent magical attack. And Unmotivate... is right where it belongs: on the skill list, never to be used for the rest of the playthrough.

Still playing Breath of Fire 3. Ryu, Rei, and Teepo have since defeated the Nue Chimera and gained favoritism from McNeil Village. Ryu is now apprenticed to Mygas the mage in order to boost his Intelligence and, most importantly, his AP. Now it's time to find out what Loki wants. But first, some exploring and to do some fishing so I can make up the Zenny I used to buy a ton of stuff and gain Mygas' apprenticeship. Plus fishing will allow me to gain access to a certain weapon that'll come in handy against the next "dungeon". I've also acquired the Skills: Influence, Blind, and Frost, the former will be useful against a certain duo, the middle one is good for getting extra EXP from Eye Goos (blinding them increases their EXP yields), and the latter will be helpful later on. Ryu, Rei, and Teepo are all Level 8.

Got a bit further in Breath of Fire 3. After a ton of side stuff it was time to take on Loki's "request" to break into McNeil's manor and steal back the tax money. And that resulted in Ryu and Teepo fighting off various McNeil ghosts (and a giant chicken), before the trio fought Amalgam and raided McNeil of his money. This can't possibly backfire, right? Well, it did, as the trio ran afoul with Balio and Sunder, two goons working for McNeil, and two goons that'll make Ryu's life hell for a while. One curb-stomp battle later and Ryu is all alone, with the possibility of Rei and Teepo being dead. Ryu, however, doesn't believe it, and decides to head to Wyndia, since Teepo always talked about leaving for the big city one day. Picked up the following Skills: Charge, Jump, and Meditate, the latter of which will be going to a certain magical princess very soon, though I failed to get Snap from the Pooch mini-boss during the McNeil manor raid. Guess I'll have to find another enemy to get it from. Ryu is Level 11.

Forgive the double post (although it's been nearly a day since last time) but I got a lot more done in Breath of Fire 3. After cleaning out Mygas of skills through grinding on tougher monsters Ryu ended up having another run-in with Balio and Sunder, the duo learn of Ryu's "little secret" of being a dragon. One failed attempt to use him as a "golden egg" to the King of Wyndia and the two horsemen and Ryu are locked up. Only for Nina to try to release Ryu... and got tricked into releasing Balio and Sunder instead. One rescue later Nina joins the ranks. After playing Hide-and-Seek with some kids to learn about a possible Teepo sighting the duo head off to search. Nina gets apprenticed under Durandal to pick up his useless tricks (sans one, which will be useful for two situations) before moving on. Only to get caught by Balio and Sunder again. One daring escape later (and purchasing some new weapon upgrades) the duo meet Mr. Mason... who rats them out to Sunder. One chase and yet another daring escape Nina learns about Ryu's dragon powers, but isn't afraid of him. Picked up the Reverse Gene in a small grotto before making our way to Momo's Tower, one of the more difficult early dungeons. Ryu is Level 18 and Nina is Level 12.

Back
Top Bottom