• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would YOU do with the series?

extremely good point:p

I wonder if happiny is going to elevolve soon..
perhaps at DP's end or something.

-Rotate Ash's Pokémon in the same fashion as in the Johto saga or the Battle Frontier.

-Evolve Cyndaquil into Quilava. It deserves to... so much training, I was surprised and disappointed that it didn't.

-Make Ash come back for some of his "released" Pokémon. Did he forget his promise with Pidgeot? What about Primeape? I thought he cared about his Pokémon.

-Make Ash capture more Pokémon. When was the last time he captured a Pokémon and it was sent straight to Oak's? Aipom? It's time for more. 3-5 more. Coupled with the first modification, all of them will receive screentime.

-Make Brock shine. He basically does nothing right now, anything will do, from winning a competition, capturing a Pokémon, etc.

-Rotate Ash's Pokémon... just to emphasize it some more.

-Make Jessie and James capture at least 2 more Pokémon each. I don't care they will all become losers, they all need more Pokémon.

-Make Chimchar evolve into Monferno and into Infernape. There's a good possibility it will happen but just to make sure.

-Make Turtwig evolve into Grotle. Yep.

-Make Staravia evolve into Staraptor. Ash will have all of the final evolution from each generation's early available flyer ^^

-Make Pikachu evolve LOL!!! J/k obviously... maybe.

-Make Buizel evolve into Floatzel. Yep.

-Make Ash win a Pokémon League for a change! With him beating Paul with his Fire-type Pokémon xD

-Don't make Ash befriend a competitor during the Pokémon League. WTH? He loses against a guy he befriends in all of the Leagues he loses. Ritchie / Indigo, Harrison / Johto and Tyson / Hoenn. I hope this time he learns not to be so friendly.

That is all.

getting friendy relations are one of the main reasons to even HAVE a pokemon leagune.
And Ritchie did't had the issues with his pokemon that ash had,and morrision/tyson (even their names are alike..kind of a clone.)
are older than ash,and simply had more strong pokemon than him,although ash came quite close each time.

Ash had arguably better Pokémon than Tyson, only he didn't use it. If he came close to beating Tyson without his main powerhouses (Charizard and Snorlax), imagine if he DID use them, which makes me think why he did not. His loss against Harrison is pretty understandable.

That is why the Johto League was the best so far, no nonsense, nothing similar to "You're my friend, either you or me will pass dang!" nonsense, just straight to the point with Ash battling his rivals and competitors Gary and Harrison.

You reminded me of another thing I would change.

-Make Ash use his BEST Pokémon in League matches. I can understand his loss against Harrison although he didn't use Squirtle or Bulbasaur but at least he used Charizard and Snorlax... but against Tyson? No calling for Charizard. No swapping for Snorlax. No getting back Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Bayleef. No wonder he lost that match.

Wait...did you just say Bayleef? How would Bayleef have helped? Grovyle was a hell of a lot stronger than Bayleef ever was by that point in the Hoenn league.

Ash should never use his Johto Pokemon, aside from Heracross and Donphan, ever again. They represent the weakest team of his lineup.

Bayleef may not have been as strong as Grovyle which I never said she was but she can hold her ground against foes, she did defeat Harrison's Houndoom after all and Grovyle could not have defeated either Harrison's Blaziken or Gary's Blastoise at the time either.

The Johto team is not as weak as you may think, with the exception of Noctowl, which for some reason, the writers made it look real weak except against Ghost-type Pokémon, they all have potential, only Ash never uses them aside from their debut saga with the exception of the ones you mentioned, which ironically, became strong after appearing in other sagas, Donphan specifically. Some more training and they will become strong in no time as well.

Ash should never use his Johto Pokemon, aside from Heracross and Donphan, ever again. They represent the weakest team of his lineup.

you forget one thing:weak can become strong with training.

Trough the anime has some all-time superstrong pokemon like charizard,snorlax and pikachu with plot-powered electric atacks(regice etc),trough he is way stronger than an average pikachu,and very well trained.
Septile can now also be part of this group,and bulbasaur and squirtle are very strong as well.
In the current team chimchar is growing to be the next super-powerful one.

I must agree with Scott on this one. Now that I've finished BF, his strongest for the Johto team is Heracross and Donphan.

When will we ever see Ash train with the other guys? Never! And partly it's not his fault, but the writers for blatantly ignoring everything about Johto.

While I do like some of his Johto Pokemon I can understand why the writers pretty much abandoned them.

They were never all that popular (especially given they replaced Ash's Kanto classics, Bulba, Squirle and Charizard were insanely popular) and getting rid of them in one swell swoop made sense since the Johto saga received a tremendous amount of dislike from the fanbase.

I'd be awfully surprised if he ever uses them again, although if he does I'd be happy to see them get a second chance like Phanpy did.

It's a pity some of the Johto Pokémon likely won't get a second chance, they had great characterization behind them, just the writers completely forgot about them towards the middle-end and the end of the Johto saga. One had a crush on Ash, one was a cheerful romantic loser, one was a baby in training, one was a genius and one was a gluttony fighter.

If one is to get a second chance or some screentime I'd prefer it to be Cyndaquil, it should have matured a lot by now and must be ready to evolve (it should have evolved in the Johto saga but whatever, it will do in the D/P one) =/

One change I would make is give May an Espeon instead of a #%&!ing Glaceon.

Another would be that the group encounters a human who is a true tortured soul, a dangerous threat to himself, and others. In the process of confronting him, they learn that the world isn't always sunshine and rainbows, and that they may need to use real force to subdue him and his desperate Pokemon, who joined up with him because they felt they could help him.

Also, sending the cast of Ash, Brock, Dawn, and May (With TR in tow) to the Orre region to deal with the crap that Cipher pulls off there. Seriously, that region is ripe with anime dark/drama story potential. The above paragraph could easily apply there.

shadow pikachu would be very intresting.
Altrough Chimchar has more of a fitting background for it.

I'd have Hikari quit being a coordinator
More Kengo episodes
Shinji get animated by Iwane more often
have old gymleaders like Flannery or Bugsy appear.
Some special episodes on Misty at her home and some when she comes to Shinou.
Bring back Richie and make him more interesting
Bring in Miyamoto or at least some flashbacks.
Bring in Mondo
Aaron the bug trainer (forgot his Napanese name)
Somehow kep Shinji on the show for more than Shinou.
Have Ash and Shinji tie at the Pokemon league.
More anime references like the SakuraMadison cameo. Maybe have a character with similar looks to Haruhi or Konata.

the dub
replace the We Will Be Heroes with a rewritten Shinou of Go Pokemon Go and use the first part and very last part in the opening. Either that or something in the style of Pokemon Symphonic Medley. Or maybe go with a dance.

Maybe have movie-only characters appear. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

...or at least, make all movies canon, and if a similar event from a movie happens, Ash remembers and tells everyone of his adventures (hey, movie 8 was made canon during the Riolu episodes, so why not the others?)

Also, make a Pokemon Special anime. That would be also awesome.

The movies are canon. Just because they don't mention them doesn't mean they aren't.

I'd have Hikari quit being a coordinator
More Kengo episodes

Wouldn't these negate each other?

What would be the point of a rival character if main character who rivials it is no longer competiting?

Wouldn't these negate each other?

What would be the point of a rival character if main character who rivials it is no longer competiting?
First of all, Hikari doesn't necessarily have to quit right away.
Second of all, it could be encounters like what happened in the
Unown
episode.

Ash's Story:

- Ash will get the Riolu Egg from Riley, who will turn out to be a relative of Ash's and mentor him in the way of Aura.

- Why Aura? Because it will play a part in thwarting Team Galactic.

- Riolu will evolve into Lucario, and in the fifth region, should it focus on Ash, he will travel with Pikachu and Lucario.

- Ash will win the Pokemon League, and the final battle will be against Paul (big surprise, right?).

- Ash's final Sinnoh roster: Pikachu, Infernape, Grotle, Buizel, Gliscor, Staraptor, Lucario. Lucario and Gliscor will be swapped.

- Ash's team against Paul will be Grotle, Infernape, Buizel, Staraptor, Heracross, and Snorlax.

- Ash will go from the Pokemon League to challenging the Elite Four and Cynthia. He'll beat the Elite Four, though I'm not sure if he should beat Cynthia or lose to her, and use that as a reason for traveling to the next region.

- Ash will acquire an Eevee somehow during the Elite Four arc, and it will evolve into Espeon. Meanwhile, Bulbasaur will finally be convinced to evolve, in order to impress May's Venusaur. Same with Squirtle, whose experience in the Squirtle Squad has taken it all the way to Blastoise. Thus, his final team against Cynthia will be the Champion's team in Gold/Silver - Pikachu/Espeon/Snorlax/Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise.

- There will be a connection between Ash, Paul, and Team Galactic.

- Before the end of Diamond & Pearl, Ambipom and Buizel will trade hands again.

- Ash will capture Hippopotas, but it will go to Oak.

Dawn's Story:

- Final Sinnoh roster: Piplup/Lopunny/Ambipom/Pachirisu/Swinub/???

- She'll win her third Ribbon in Hearthome when the twerps re-visit it, her fourth in the ice city (I forget the name). Her fifth Ribbon will be won against guest appearance by Jasmine.

- She'll lose in the Grand Festival and remain a main character in the fifth generation.

Paul and Brock's Stories:

- Brock will become a Pokemon Breeder and travel with Holly.

- Happiny will evolve all the way into Blissey. Croagunk will stay the same.

- Paul's father will be Cyrus.

- Paul will admit defeat at the League, and join Ash as a traveling friend.

Team Rocket's Story:

- Jessie will acquire five Ribbons and go into the Grand Festival...

- ...but she'll lose in the Finals against Taiki, who will turn out to be her childhood crush. The two will re-unite and travel together.

- James, inspired by Jessie's newfound happiness, will become a full-fledged Pokemon trainer, and a rival to Ash. Jessie and James will remain as rivals to Dawn and Ash, respectively.

- Meowth will travel with Jessie, James, and Taiki.

This is more of a prediction than a "what I want" but whatever. I think the TR segment is enough of a stretch.

Back stories eh?
I'd make it so Shinji's father was Jindai

I'd also have some episode in mid Shinou featuring the Pokemon Learning League squad, preferably animated by one of the better animators. It'd involve some Pokemon research and some deeper thought into Pokemon's lives. Plus we'd now have the first African Pokemon character in the anime!
I want sooo bad to see Siara in the anime. Something about her...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom