• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's worth the extra expense for you?

Pikochu

has successfully made it through the grind.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I think we all have a thing or activity that we would actually spend the extra money on even though there's probably a better and most likely a cheaper option. I am curious as to "what's worth the extra expense" to you?

For me, I think it's worth it for me to spend the extra money in buying my own lunch instead of bringing my own lunch. I'm not the type of person who likes to bring my own lunch as I have to carry it with me and I still have to carry my dishes home. Plus, I'm not too much of a fan of reheating or "cooking" in the microwave that's used by others. It's just worth the extra expense to find a place nearby that handles the cooking and dishwashing aspect of my lunch.

Electronics for sure. I have had zero enjoyment from 3rd party products and they just don't have the life span I want. So I always try to go first party.

I also don't mind the extra expense on eating out at restaurants. I love food and I'm okay with the bigger price tag if I'm getting something of better quality. Plus sometimes I just have fun eating at fancier places.

I think we all have a thing or activity that we would actually spend the extra money on even though there's probably a better and most likely a cheaper option. I am curious as to "what's worth the extra expense" to you?

For me, I think it's worth it for me to spend the extra money in buying my own lunch instead of bringing my own lunch. I'm not the type of person who likes to bring my own lunch as I have to carry it with me and I still have to carry my dishes home. Plus, I'm not too much of a fan of reheating or "cooking" in the microwave that's used by others. It's just worth the extra expense to find a place nearby that handles the cooking and dishwashing aspect of my lunch.
Similarly to you in a way, I love fast food. I live in a pretty crowded house and I am a pretty big night owl. Unfortunately I can't use the kitchen at night because it makes too much noise, so I have more 3am mcdonalds runs than I would like to admit.

Also alcohol. Totally unnecessary but unwinding with a few beers and a good video game is just the ultimate relaxation to me. Or even some wine and a good book. Way too expensive but usually worth it to me.

Finally, anything that saves me time. Time is super valuable in my eyes. I can never get more and it is way more important than money in the grand scheme of things. So generally if I can pay for something to convenience myself I do. I actually enjoy working on my car and doing handyman duties so nothing like that. But there have been several times where people have asked me to take them somewhere to get something and I just ordered it for them instead.

Edit: Also, cooking is so fun! But I understand the whole dilemma of bringing dishes to and fro. Paper plates and plastic utensils can solve that though. But cooking can be very time consuming. Its something I really love but at times even I think it is taking so long, so takeout can always be a convenience. Even if I have the time I can never replicate Chinese takeout!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom