• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

Sceptile
Mawhile (Female)
Camerupt
Salamence
Milotic (female) (Also might rotate her around with Kyogre)
Gallade

Rotation Spots:
Gyrados
Magnetric
Metagross
Ninetales
Kyogre (as stated earlier)
Aggron

Swampert/M
Shiftry
Gardevoir/M
Golem
Skarmory
Ninetales
I already posted here, but I decided on my final team, so I though to do it like this, not editing the other post.

I'll probably be using my old pals in the main team:

HORN, the Heracross
SHALMANESER, the Zubat
SUBMARINER, the Mudkip

Maybe my old buddy SUPES, the ARON too.
Oh man, can't wait to have them one more time.

I said Swampert before, but I'm really teetering on going with Sceptile now. Not like there's a shortage of other Water-types to use. I would love to use Roserade though, so if she's added to the Dex I may go with that instead. Decisions, decisions...

I'll catch what I catch, but my very first ruby team looked like this:

Sceptile
Swellow
Milotic
Claydol
Aggron
Lanturn

Of those, I don't want to repeat Milotic or Aggron, those 2 are good. The others, however, can be replaced by new Pokemon if I feel like it.

Since we don't know what expanded variety they may have I base it on what the original Hoenn dex was like.

Mega Swampert/Sceptile
Gardevoir
Breloom/Starmie(Based on who my starter is)
Manectric
Skarmory
Flygon (Really hoping it gets a mega)

I am hoping they maintain the same Hoenn national dex, so heres my team.
Sceptile/Swampert (cant decide)
Slaking
Ludicolo
Manectric
Kyogre
???

Just a few things to note:
I cant decide between those two starters mostly because of their megas. I have preferred Swampert in the past but Sceptile IS a dragon type now.

Slaking is a bit of a gimic but i like him, and one of my goals here is to recreate my first experiences with Sapphire, which was my first pokemon game, so i will be using him.

Normally i avoid manectric but with his mega i cant not use him, especially because of the coverage electric types offer.

Ok, i know youre not supposed to use legendaries, but i LOVE kyogre and im kind of reclaiming my childhood here so dont judge me

Im unsure of my last pokemon. I want a fire type but in my experience there arent many good fire types available in Hoenn.

Obviously Swampert, Gardevoir, Kyogre, Camerupt, either Shiftry or Sableye. If I choose Shitry, I'll also get Banette. If I get Sableye, I'll get Tropius.

Of course, this whole list may change as I find out more info about the pokemon found in each game.

Think I should get the old gang back together if I do decide to get these games.

That means

Manectric
Swellow
Sceptile
Camerupt
Milotic
Gardevoir

Not sure who to give the Mega slot too, Manectric, Sceptile or Gardevoir. If Milotic gets a Mega Evo (she should as a parallel to Gyarados) then she will get it as she the only one also on my main battling team as well.

And when I say old gang, I mean old gang, not recatching new ones.

Last edited:
Re: What Pokemon will be in your team?

download.png

My main team is going to be in my signature. In the event that the EXP share from X/Y comes back, I'm also going to add Regice and Exploud (HM slave) to my team.

I went ahead and made my own trainer card too! It's my current planned (tentative) team for Alpha Sapphire!

trainercard-The_Doctor.png

It'll probably cover every type, just as I like! In addition to the types of the Pokemon themselves (which counts to 10), the other 7 types will likely be covered like this (Not requiring Normal):
Electric: Thunderbolt on Gardevoir
Ice: Physical Ice move on Swampert if possible. If not, then maybe Ice Fang on Salamence.
Steel: Steel Wing on Salamence and possibly Gyro Ball on Torkoal. But if they bring back Iron Tail somehow, like with a move Tutor, it will be considered!
Ghost: Shadow Ball on Gardevoir
Bug: X-Scissor on Absol
Poison: Not sure yet. If only Breloom could learn Poison Jab. I'm sure I'll get something. But I've also considered using more than 6 Pokemon in a rotation (especially if we get the EXP. ALL), so I could get a Seviper or something in my rotation.
Rock: Stone Edge/Rock Slide on Torkoal and/or Swampert and/or Salamence and/or Breloom. Yeah I've got some flex room XD

So every type's covered there! With 10 being STAB in the main team of 6! I'm pretty content with it!

Last edited:

Pikachu is in my team no matter what, Grovyle because Mystery Dungeon made me a fan, Gardevoir since that's my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, Sableye because I like the idea of the Mega, Linoone for HM slave that has Pickup, and I haven't decided on a last slot so I have room for one on the spot decision.

I know I want to use Sceptile, and I'll probably just make up the rest as I go along. There are a lot of Hoenn Pokemon I've been meaning to use on a team but just never did, especially Flygon.

Omega Ruby: My old team from my Ruby/Emerald days all caught in-game and raised from scratch:
- Blaziken
- Lioone
- Aggron
- Marill/Azumarill (never evo'd him back in the day was my HM slave but with his upgrades over the gens I figure why not)
- Manectric
- Tropius

For Alpha Sapphire a totally new team. Make some statically strong guys and send 'em over. Probably be best to just get someone to help trade them as eggs for better effect.
- Sceptile
- Ludicolo
- Milotic
- Sableye
- Either Camerupt or Ninjask have plenty of time to debate that.
- Gastrodon (there's an in-joke with this guy)

From my Ruby team:

• Sceptile

• Groudon

• Flygon

• Mightyena

• Gardevoir

• Azumarill

But I had changed my mind regarding to Mightyena and Azumarill. I'll change:

• Mightyena > Aggron. I need some fairy buster.

• Azumarill > Crawdaunt. Since I have Gardevoir for fairies, I still need some Dark-type Pokémon.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom