• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ship has the best chance of becoming canon?

I have to disagree with the people who say ContestShipping, just because I don't think they'd go back to the Hoenn characters to canon-ify a pairing.

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean any other characters would be brought back just to canon-ify a pairing either.

I love Pokéshipping with all my childhood loyalty but I am aware of how 4Kids added sprinklings in that weren't originally there and Ash just seems oblivious to romance. So, my vote goes to Rocketshipping. I've always loved it and found it the most plausible.

I love Pokéshipping with all my childhood loyalty but I am aware of how 4Kids added sprinklings in that weren't originally there and Ash just seems oblivious to romance.

Yet that's not the biggest roadblock for the ship, the biggest roadblock is how Takeshi Shudo abandoned the pairing in Johto (besides a few instances at the end), and how Misty stopped appearing entirely after that. Even Misty's AG cameo's had nothing to do with shipping.

So if we're talking about chances of it becoming canon, even by the end of the show, there's really nothing pointing toward it.

Yet that's not the biggest roadblock for the ship, the biggest roadblock is how Takeshi Shudo abandoned the pairing in Johto (besides a few instances at the end), and how Misty stopped appearing entirely after that. Even Misty's AG cameo's had nothing to do with shipping.

So if we're talking about chances of it becoming canon, even by the end of the show, there's really nothing pointing toward it.

I'd rather not get into an argument about this because ships and plausibility are so gosh darn subjective. I don't consider that a particularly huge roadblock, you do, that's fine.

Well if the writers aren't interested in writing canon shipping, then that kind of is a huge roadblock because they're the only ones that can put it in there. There's always fanfiction, but this thread was asking for canon.

I mean a ship can't very well become canon if it's not written and said characters don't appear anymore, can it?

I mean a ship can't very well become canon if it's not written and said characters don't appear anymore, can it?
And as easily as Gary was brought back for a few episodes in Sinnoh can any older character return in the last few episodes to help Ash realize that this person is the one he wants to be with forever and ever and ever. No, this is not an opening for you go on about how no one would bring back characters from 10 years ago; this is to remind you of precedence that, yeah, they can come back any time the writers feel like including them.

The entire discussion is based on the hypothetical. Canon is canon; what the writers are or were aiming for has no standing when it comes to stuff already written and presented to be evaluated by the viewers. Based on the past is where people are finding their answers here, not any sort of unknown future. What will be canon has no standing on what people view as the couple that stands the best chance of being canon based on what we've seen up to /now/.

RocketShipping for sure

If the anime ended at Kanto, then Pokeshipping would've been canon. Except it stretched on. Even though I have my own bias, I say AdvanceShipping has a chance, with the Luvdiscs and what not. Contest...Hmm...I won't say it'll become canon, since Drew had like 15 appearances in total in the entire spread of AG

Even though I'm sure I must be biased, I'd say Eldershippig and Rocketshipping. Eldershipping does not involve main characters, and would be a cute background romance for the show. Rocketshipping just makes sense. They've been together for a long time and TR will always be together. It would be a might-as-well sort of thing. That and it is the only canon ship beside butler and his assistant I think.

Eldershipping does not involve main characters, and would be a cute background romance for the show.

I've forgotten since its been so long since I'm rewatched the early seasons, but that's where the Oak/Delia pairing got its start right? I imagine because back then the writers just always had Oak and Delia standing next to one another since they were both adults. Once Tracey stopped traveling with Ash, he was always grouped with them too.

As the series progressed Delia dropped off the face of the Earth, only appearing at the very beginning and end of sagas. I remember how Delia used to have a big role in Kanto...what happened?

That and it is the only canon ship beside butler and his assistant I think.

Butler and his assistant? Do you mean the magician from the Jirachi movie and his girlfriend Dianne?

In my mind, RocketShipping, definitely. As for the others (particularly any involving Ash), it could really go any way. I really just can't see Jessie or James ending up with anyone but each other.

In my opinion, i think theres a high chance for rocketshipping to become canon.From all the episodes i have watched, rocketshipping seems to have good evidence of being, in the future, ( DP117, training daze, Holy Matrimony! etc...), a canon pairing later or towards the end of Pokemon (i doubt Pokemon is going to end anytime soon due to its popularity).I have always felt that this ship was indeed, a possible and more likely pairing than other ships. But of course, i still believe that contestshipping has a chance to become canon and well, I`ve always been a fan of pokeshipping. So i will say those two pairings are possible also.

Rocketshipping might be the only one that will become canon because they're older and it could happen at anytime. For the younger ones, Contestshipping, Penguinshipping and Eldershipping might be close to next.

Rocketshipping. The only ship I ever followed.

The ship that will probably be canon is the one where a girl make Ash actually blush.

Misty has, more than once Ash has blushed because of Misty, in Pokeball Peril is the most notable, I believe, Team Rocket teases them about being a couple and he blushes. The only other girl that he's blushed at is Giselle.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom