• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is Diamond more popular than Pearl?

The only reason i got pearl was because;

It is my birth stone

And my friend got Diamond. (For both varietys)

I got pearl because of it's version exclusives.

Even though it's my favorite bug type, I always end up wiith the game without Scyther.

I didn't do that on purpose, I just wanted Glameow more than Stunky, and a few other ones.

I got Pearl because 'Pokemon Pearl' just seems to roll off the tongue better than 'Pokemon Diamond.' Lame YES.

This is quite literally my first Pokemon game, although I used to watch the anime a few years ago.

I don't want Pearl because it sounds really girly. Diamond seems cooler and more manlier. But since K-Mart is sold out of Diamond, I have Pearl and a DS on Layaway.

The only reason I bought Diamond was because I thought that Dialga looked cooler than Palkia =P

Although now I actually HAVE a Dialga, I really want a Palkia...

Heh, I got Diamond for one simple reason, an RL friend of mine already had Pearl. Besides, I'd gone for Blue, Silver and Sapphire before, was about time I got a primary game :p

Roar of time = Hyperbeam-type move, which in almost all cases is crap

Palkia's spacial rend has a high critical hit ratio. With STAB and critical hit that around 300 base power if I remember correctly.

A better arguement against Palkia would have been that Dialga has a lot more resistances allowing it to switch in easier.

Of course, both of them are uber, and with that being said, Palkia gets more of a benefit from Kyogre, while DIalga gets nothing from anything.

Palkia wins, but Diamond wins overall because it's version exclusives are beter than Pearl's.

If they were fighting each other, then it would depend on what moves they have learned. Since palkia is faster than dialgia it will get the first shot in, and if it has learned earth power then dialga is most likely dead, given that it has a lower special defence comapared to palkia.

But if they fight each other at level 47, dialga would most likely win, since roar of time is a OHKO on dragon types.

Palkia is a better sweeper, but dialga would last more rounds. Depends on your style of play.

If they were fighting each other, then it would depend on what moves they have learned. Since palkia is faster than dialgia it will get the first shot in, and if it has learned earth power then dialga is most likely dead, given that it has a lower special defence comapared to palkia.

But if they fight each other at level 47, dialga would most likely win, since roar of time is a OHKO on dragon types.

Palkia is a better sweeper, but dialga would last more rounds. Depends on your style of play.

Basing who is better on who can kill each other first is pointless. Staraptor using Quick attack on Deoxys means it wins. Shedinja cannot be touched by Kyogre. FEAR (ratata, phanphy, starly etc.) Pokemon and Duskull (focus sash + Trick room + destiny bond) can kill any uber (except Giratina for the FEARs) as long as there is no sandstorm.

I have a question. How is Pearl less manly? Sure it's pink, but look at its legendary. It looks like a giant... (insert austin powers sequence here)

I got Diamond because that's my birthstone, and I like Dialga better than Palkia.
And the pokemon in the game, though, some of the pokemon I want are in Pearl, and I didn't know that before. I didn't look into the game that much. Only enough to know that Lucario and Dialga were in Diamond. XP

Well, I got Pearl because it has Slowbro as an exclusive. I don't know if the news has hit the streets yet, but word is that Slowbro is slow. This is cause for hilarity of the highest order.

I got Diamond because of Diagla. Palkia looks funny to me.

I know about 3-9 people with Pokemon, and most of them do have Diamond. I think I'm going to get Pearl to see what the big difference in preference is.

I got diamond because i thought dialga looked cooler, but a month later i gave my diamond to my friend for his B-Day and got pearl the next day, but there really is no difference in the story exept for dialga and palkia.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom