• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is Diamond more popular than Pearl?

I chose Pearl because a majority of my friends chose Diamond.

And I honestly think Diagla looks a bit creepy.

You know what? I'm gonna end this arguement right now with a small opinion...

GREEN VERSION FOR GB PWNS ALL OTHERS!!!! (Harder to beat and worth it =D)
Edit: (Green as in the original pokemon game, released before even blue.)

Unfortunately, I have, as of yet, been unable to track down a Green Version for sale that I can import to the U.S. So I've been playing a ROM of it for now. =( But I'm still looking for that cartridge!

Last edited:
You know what? I'm gonna end this arguement right now with a small opinion...

GREEN VERSION FOR GB PWNS ALL OTHERS!!!! (Harder to beat and worth it =D)

Unfortunately, I have, as of yet, been unable to track down a Green Version for sale that I can import to the U.S. So I've been playing a ROM of it for now. =( But I'm still looking for that cartridge!

...Silver is better.

Because, the game, though a tad buggier is HARDER than ANY of the current versions of pokemon. It was the hardest version released, which makes it a true hardcore pokemon gamer's dream to beat. A few bugs don't hurt here and there, I like the challenge Green provides. It's more fun to me than Yellow or Blue where, even any version released to date.

I've heard of yellow sand but I thought red and blue were the first ones. Green sounds really cool.

greenspr108.png
Green version Lickitung FTW!

O_O I've heard of that thing before but only in the bedtime stories that Gengars tell to their little gastlys at night so they go to sleep.

Green= the most exaggerated Pokemon game ever.

If you have Red and Blue, and you look at the sprites while drunk, you have Green.

I always do better on the blue version than the red version.
On blue i had a blastoise, butterfree,zapdos,vilepum, magmar, golem
while red i never finished

Silver i had a typhlosion, espeon, shining entei, mantine, xatu, tranitar
gold i had mantine, meganium( which i hate) raticate, anpharos, and sizor

Sapphiere i had a blaziken, crobat, sandslash, maneton, whishcash, and roselia
Ruby i had a pelliper, grovile, camerupt and machamp

Pearl i dont have a comfired national team but so far i have a roserade, umbreon, and empoleon
but diamond i havent beat the game yet.

It may just be me but i always have bad luck o the more popular versions

I chose Diamond because...

My friends {who actually play Pokemon on DS} all have Pearl for some weird reason.

The legendary looked nicer than the Pearl legendary on the box art. I thought the Pearl legendary looked kind of crap {no offense to anyone!}.

I like blue!

I don't really know much about the Diamond exclusives besides the legendaries.

When I first started playing pokemon I actually started with POKEMON YELLOW & I owned both Gold & Silver... & I never tried those GBA ones, I think I took a break from hand-helds then.

It feels so great to be playing Pokemon again!!

Well, now I own both Diamond and Pearl... I have to say, my Diamond is MUCH COOLER than my Pearl because... I bought the Japanese version at a convention! At $39, It wasn't too much more money than an english version ($37.45 with tax)! I know it's the same game... but it's awesome! OK, my raving about my new game is over... back to gameplay!

i only got diamond a week ago(already completed, national dex and all legendarys obtained including regigigas) there were tons of copys of diamond and pearl, and i pondered which one to get. I LOVE legendarys so i looked at dialga/palkia i liked palkia and i liked dialga. so i looked at the boxes wondered what pokemon would be exclusive etc. I eventually picked diamond for 3 reasons:
1)Dialga looked that bit better
2)diamond was more masculine
3)it seemed the primary model(all my poke games are primary EXCEPT for my sapphire)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom