• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will we be seeing a lot of this girl here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping May might be the bad idea, though I won't go into that here as there is a thread for that in the anime forum.

If you read the posts above, Coro Coro has confirmed that the DP girl - named Hikari - will be in the next saga of the anime.

But we still don't know as what.

For all we know she might become Ash's new rival rather than join the group.

I don't think so, Fabuvinny, all were hearing is speculation, even from Coro Coro. Were about as much in the dark as before.

Last edited:
What I find curious is, why did they just show Hiraki by herself?

Don't you think they should have showed Ash standing next to her, since he's the star of the show? The fact that they showed her alone makes me think that maybe the D/P saga isn't continuing from AG.

Maybe it's just a one-off thing like the Raikou special, or maybe AG will follow Ash/May while D/P follows Hiraki in two different series.

The fact that Ash wasn't there seems to suggest something new...

Scott85 said:
The fact that Ash wasn't there seems to suggest something new...

Yea, you would think if they were cutting Ash, May, or anybody off the show, they would at least show a group picture of who would all be left with Hiraki. Since I just can't picture the writers cutting everyone off the show but Hiraki, it might be a spin-off.

He needs an identical outfit to the D/P male character, except without that scarf XD

I'm sure she will get her own show, but it's not like it will stop people from shipping Ash and Hikari. They could be related in some way and people would still ship them.

I'm sure that's what they call a "Cross-over" ship. Cross-over ships happen quite often, so it won't limit shippers. XD;

falls_on_me said:
I'm sure she will get her own show, but it's not like it will stop people from shipping Ash and Hikari. They could be related in some way and people would still ship them.

Scott85 said:
Why do people keep suggesting that anyway? You do realize the writers almost never introduce the new game characters to the main cast? I love how paranoid some people have become since the new D/P characters have been revealed.

Paranoria is amazing.

I'd like to have two girls in the group - and let's ditch Masato, shall we?

But Hikari is a game heroine, she's not going to play a sidekick role. And if Hikari was going to be with Ash (and May), then there would be no reason to advertise her by herself in a seperate series.

If AG still continues, I guess the only way Ash and Hikari would meet is if they have a crossover sometime.

We still don't know for sure if this is a seperate series. ._.

Well, if not, then it's going to replace AG at any rate.

falls_on_me said:
Already happened. Ash x Hikari is known as Pearlshipping.

---

I always thought that Hikari's anime appearances were a spin-off show? Although it's hard to tell with so many different stories flying around the place.

We apparently now have news that the D/P series may be replacing AG...this is getting annoying. o_O

I think this Hikari looks a bit too old for Ash, how old is Ash anyway?
Personally, I'm sick of Ash getting shipped with whatever girl comes along...
Misty's not so bad, but May is a moron imo :p

Once again, May isn't just some girl....she's the only one other than Ash to actually have a plot.

The star and the co-star getting together, very common, considering they are the only people that have the future cemented in for them.

Sympathy said:
Personally, I'm sick of Ash getting shipped with whatever girl comes along...
Misty's not so bad, but May is a moron imo :p

I'm still baffled as to how people consider May, "any girl that comes along."

She's traveled with him for nearly 200 episodes for goodness sakes! Norman also entrusted May and Max under Ash's wing, he's supposed to be their mentor and look after them. This is why Ash comforts May so much and looks after her, he's supposed to be there for her. You can see why it's easy to ship them.

LMAO. The way some people talk is as if May is no more important than a random filler girl. ROFL.

falls_on_me said:
The star and the co-star getting together, very common, considering they are the only people that have the future cemented in for them.
Drew's future is much more cemented to May than May's future is to Ash. That's why the writers have chosen to go with that pairing: May could stop travelling with Ash at any time (even if not in the next saga) but when she goes, Drew goes with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom