• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
ScarletViolet.PNG
The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!

Archaic

Archaic

I'm choosing Fuecoco; I have always chosen fire starters, ever since I chose Chimchar in Platinum, and I see no reason to change here with a cute mouth on legs that seems perfectly poised to evolve into something really cool

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!
I will be choosing Fuecoco, because I have never started with a fire type in any Pokemon game ever, and I want to see if they make the final evolution closer to a crocodile or some sort of fruit! Thanks!

I don't think either box legendary type is going to conflict with the starter types, which I really like, so this really boils to starter design. Sprigatito is a cat, and I've already used a cat starter before. Then between Quaxly and Fuecoco, Fuecoco is way cooler because I'm sure Team Star gets really miffed at Fuecocos since they refuse to obey the fire-starter Zodiac.

I will most likely choose Sprigatito, as I just can't help but choose starters with glamorous final evolutions - And I have a feeling the pretty grass cat shall have one. It's a sad reason to pick it over the hilarious pompaduck, but that's how I roll. v_v

I am going to choose Fuecoco almost for sure. I love the idea of a fire gator/croc, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will evolve into the first Fire/Grass type.

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Good luck, Trainers!
I plan to use Quaxly because the lake I live by is absolutely covered in ducks so I'm partial to them.

I'm going for Sprigatito because it's a cat and I like cats. I don't really like Grass type starters usually but I'll take Grass for the first time since gen 3 because... cat.

I'm choosing Fuecoco! I haven't chosen a fire starter since Charmander in FireRed, between Johto - Unova I chose the water starters. Kalos - Galar I chose grass starters. This time, Fuecoco is the one I'm drawn to the most, I love its big smile. Maybe this'll be the start of a new pattern of choosing fire starters?

I'm personnally planning on using Quaxly for two main reasons : he's a water-starter pokemon, and one of the very first pokemon games which I played when I was a kid was Pokemon Sapphire, and the starter which I chose back then was a Mudkip. So my memories of this game are always, for some reason, related to Mudkips. The second reason is that he has a cool sprite, he looks like some kind of pirate/sailor.

Thanks again!

I'm picking Fuecoco. In past games i chose the Fire starters to follow a "tradition" i made myself when i was little (i thought they looked cool), my plan is to continue that, mainly because i think Fuecoco looks funny ❤

I'm picking Fuecoco because I love the design, a good mix of cute and cool. I'm also interested in how its evolutions incorporate the Fire/Ghost typing.

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm choosing Fuecoco because I love the little crocodile fella, and also because he seems the most likely to have a quadruped final evolution, or at least nonhumanoid.

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm choosing Fuecoco because I have a tendency to choose fire starters and I love the fact that the white on its face makes it look like a skull!

I'm picking Sprigatito because I haven't used a grass starter for my first playthrough since gen 5 and I really like it's design.

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm personally picking fuecoco because I like lizards and it is one adorable lizard! I'm also excited to see what it's evolutions will look like!

I'm chosing Fuecoco. I was originally going to go for Sprigatito but I heard rumors that it has a humanoid 3rd evolution and I was already burned by Litten who was cute until it... wasn't. Fire ghost is also a cool typing, I wonder if the color scheme will be anything like the hisuian Typhlosion

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm planning to choose sprigatito! Why? well, because I haven't picked a grass type as a starter as of yet... and out of the 3 new starter pokemons I personally think sprigatito looks the coolest! I'm really excited to see its next 2 evolutions especially its last evolution!!

I love Quaxly's design and Water starters in general, so I'll probably go with him! However, it's all pretty dependant on the final evo... Sprigatito is my second pick, because I love cats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom