• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

When I'd first gotten the original Silver back in 2000, it was only the second game I'd ever played after Yellow and so misunderstood the very different rival naming concept. I'd thought I was supposed to give the cop ??? so the poor bastard never got a name haha.
Oh, this. This so hard.
...and before I discovered bulbapedia, forgetting moves like heat wave in favor of weak ones like ember...

I didn't understand abilities when I was first introduced to them, and I thought my game was broken when I couldn't use them as moves.

i've recently remembered when my dad brought me a second hand pokemon game, the box was pokemon silver but the cartridge was yellow however i didnt realise that i got the wrong game for many years

Forgetting Fairy type still exists. Honestly. It's the main cause of my losses in the Battle Maison (one of my main contributors is a Assault Vest Hydreigon).

The first time I did the battles for the Magnemite Croquettes in OR, I thought all the names of the trainers were just weird as heck. After my third go-round, I realized that the names were meant to be food puns ie. Lass (Crepes) Suzette, Rich Boy Filbert (Nut) and Ace Trainer Melba (Toast).

This is what happens when I button mash and don't pay attention. I is a moron. :dumb:

I stared in horror at my game for a few minutes when I saw my level 100 Talonflame showing up as level 1, with 11 HP. I was dreading that this was some sort of glitch.

It took me a little while to remember that I'd just added a level 1 Zorua to my party. I feel pretty stupid now.

In X I decided to do a Wonderlocke. I caught a Bunnelby and named it Peter.

Didn't realize until I submitted the name that it was female.

*facepalm*

So yesterday, I was EV-Training using hordes for like half an hour. I gave my pokemon the required might items, got my Tropius for Sweet Scent and my Aggron for Rock Slide,
and totally forgot to turn on Exp-Share

Thinking that OR/AS would contain all the good stuff from Emerald. Should have known better than that. Thanks a lot Game Freak.

I just started reorganizing my Pokemon with Pokebank so I can transfer the Pokemon from Pokemon X to Alpha Sapphire and order them by dex number. When I places the entire first box of Pokemon into the bank, I got the message saying "This Pokemon can't be stored". I was confused on which Pokemon it was and thought it might be the event shiny Beldum, so I put it in the banks and it was fine. I tried again and got the same message, so I looked at the Pokemon and realized that I forgot all about the cosplay Pikachu I had forgotten about. I just moved her to another box in Alpha Sapphire and everything was fine.

I fainted Latias in Sapphire and didn't bother SRing to find it again simply because I was lazy. I had to wait a year to get one via trade.

For months, I had been filling up my Pokedex in Pokemon X, and just moved the Pokemon to Alpha Sapphire and realized that I had been neglecting to breed Pokemon to get their first and middle stages and evolve some. Now I'm down 100 Pokemon and I have to fill in those slots again. At least most of the Pokemon that requires trades are done and all the Pokemon learning a new move to evolve are done, and I can use my trusty ditto and level 100 Rotom to help and the battle resort is surrounded by water.....The best up side to this is that I have most of the legendary Pokemon that aren't event Pokemon.

My most recent moment: After catching Rayquaza in ORAS (yeah, I know, I'm way behind, but I got lazy and unmotivated for a while), I fought Zinnia. I used Dragon Ascent on Tyrantrum as M-Rayquaza, thinking it was a Dragon type move. I forgot that it was actually a Flying type move, which dino boy resists. Tyrantrum then used Dragon Claw which, due to using also using the move against Goodra beforehand, again thinking it was a Dragon move, nearly OHKOed M-Rayquaza. Hung on by a very thin thread. But it was after dino dragon resisted it that I realized that Dragon Ascent was a Flying move instead of a Dragon move. D'OH!!! I still won, obviously, but next time I'll check the move's type BEFORE I use it. Not one of my better moments... ~_~

Recently, I was training a Noibat in my X Wonderlocke, with Absol assisting. One Pokémon I encountered was a Golett. I switch in to Absol, who could barely defeat it with one Bite at the time. I then try to finish it off... with a Quick Attack. Yeah...

Last edited:
Recently, I was training a Noibat in my X Wonderlocke, with Absol assisting. One Pokémon I encountered was a Golett. I switch in to Absol, who could barely defeat it with one Bite at the time. I then try to finish it off... with a Quick Attack. Yeah...
Whoops! :lol:

Though I've done that a couple of times with Wikstrom and his Aegislash. Boy, did I feel "special" afterwards. :dumb:

Every time I had a Pokemon use fake out on a ghost type thinking the move is a dark type. XD

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom