• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

digimon is odd. just about every design is either totally awesome or complete garbage

image.png

fun fact both pfps in this screencap were drawn by yours truly

I've lost interest in Digimon now after realising that an awful lot of modern Digimon are just anime girls. Also, why do a lot of original Digimon wear helmets? Greymon, Unimon, Whamon, and Angemon are the ones that immediately come to mind.

(Fun fact: I used to think that normal Greymon was called SkullGreymon because of its skull-helmet.)

Eeeeeh...not really, sayiing a majority of modern Digimon are anime girls is like, a huge overstatement since that's only a specific type of DIgimon, it's just that it's the type people tend to showcase more cause of how silly and exaggerated it is. Most Digimon tend to be beast related or are like Wargreymon where they're some kind of beast/robot hybrid.

Also Greymon doesn't have a helmet, Metal Greymon does. Greymon's "helmet" is...I honestly don't know but I do know it's part of its skull.

Okay.

Still, there's something about the 2010s anime style I don't like, which is why I prefer 2003 over Brotherhood.

I didn't realise Centarumon was a centaur at first, when I saw it in a Digimon World let's play. I thought it was a centurion.

Welcome back, Legacy!

Okay.

Still, there's something about the 2010s anime style I don't like, which is why I prefer 2003 over Brotherhood.

I didn't realise Centarumon was a centaur at first, when I saw it in a Digimon World let's play. I thought it was a centurion.

I haven't watched the 2003 version, only Brotherhood, but I wonder what you'd have thought if all the issues fixed in Brotherhood were present in the 2003 version to begin with (animation style aside).

Tfw the spiritomb from keystone got nominated for an award

Like, I’d barely qualify it as a character myself lol

Well, I already know none of my fics are going to win in their categories since they're likely much less polished than the other nominees

I just write for fun and because the ideas won't go away rather than trying to tell a cohesive story with a beginning, middle, and end - hence why they're riddled with shout-outs to better stories and the occasional cheeky "Take That!" towards concepts I'm not a fan of, such as harem, betrayal, and basically every Ash-centric fic out there

Or maybe I like fluffy mushy stuff while the background elements are riddled with all manner of dark horrifying concepts I breeze over...

spoken like someone who hasn't seen my deviantart account

it is coldsteel the hedgehog mixed with hatred (2015) mixed with cannibal corpse

i am edgier than a menger sponge, i bleed knives

I haven't watched the 2003 version, only Brotherhood, but I wonder what you'd have thought if all the issues fixed in Brotherhood were present in the 2003 version to begin with (animation style aside).
They're not "issues", it's just a different kind of adaptation. I like 2003's animation more because dramatic orange lighting is my weakness. 2003 is more emotional, while Brotherhood is more cohesive. I haven't seen either for years.

The other day, I was looking at Kirby theories. One of them was that the villains represented phobias. It made me realise that any villain can be said to represent a phobia if you find a Greek word that suits them.

Last edited:
i'm looking at some old course exams to practice for the upcoming one and man, someone should really tell the teacher that changing the values in a physics problem a little doesn't make it a new problem. putting nearly the exact same 5 problems every year isn't really a test at all when we all have free unrestricted access to the old exams

which is 100% fine by me but from a teaching perspective that might not be so hot

i'm looking at some old course exams to practice for the upcoming one and man, someone should really tell the teacher that changing the values in a physics problem a little doesn't make it a new problem. putting nearly the exact same 5 problems every year isn't really a test at all when we all have free unrestricted access to the old exams

which is 100% fine by me but from a teaching perspective that might not be so hot

I had to read some ethics handout for my first course back to graduate school this semester, and it mentioned how utilizing resources like that is an integrity issue. Which I get, but when professors know those resources exist online (especially for an online program like mine, lmfao) I'm not sure why they don't go the extra length to just... change the questions???

When I was younger, my second grade teacher would slam us with 100 question math quizzes. Pretty sure there were just 25 questions that were repeated four times. When I asked her about it, she said it was just as much about testing peoples' ability to pay attention as it was about testing their math abilities. Now I wonder how many people got different answers to the same question.

When I was younger, my second grade teacher would slam us with 100 question math quizzes. Pretty sure there were just 25 questions that were repeated four times. When I asked her about it, she said it was just as much about testing peoples' ability to pay attention as it was about testing their math abilities. Now I wonder how many people got different answers to the same question.
The real question is.. did you get different answers?

I just learned that a PS1 game I wanted to play isn't on the PlayStation Store in PAL regions... does anyone know any games-playable-on-PS4 that you think I'd like?

Back
Top Bottom