• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY061: Decisive Battle in the Badlands! Fight, Numera!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dephender from Serebii has posted a more detailed translation:
Summary: Ash and friends have been caught by Team Rocket. Goomy fights a Grumpig and suddenly starts to..."
Blurb: A group of Spoink live together in harmony, but they're being bullied by a Grumpig!!

Last edited:
So Goomy may evolve in this episode after all. In that case, it's such a shame because the Pokémon didn't get much development so far.

I would rather have Goomy learn a new move here and evolve in a future episode.

Honestly, I'm most excited for Grumpig out of anything else in this episode:) I'm eager to see what Goomy will do too, but Grumpig is one of my favorite Pokemon and hasn't had a major role in forever.

Another image from the episode.

7cNvYF3.png

Here are some translations of summaries/blurbs from the episodes.

Goomy has joined Ash because it wants to become stronger. It now gets to test itself and see what it can do!

Ash and friends do their best to help the Spoink being bullied by a Grumpig! Goomy works really hard to help the Spoink!

Goomy looks BADASS here and it looks like it will get some GREAT Development :)

A new summary seems to imply that Goomy will evolve in this episode.

Could someone please translate these summaries? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50;

rNGqzPG.jpg
kacz7v6.jpg
VrmnaKq.jpg
Here are some placeholder summaries.

While traveling through the Badlands, Ash and friends save an injured "Bounce Pokémon" Spoink. It appears that it used to live peacefully at an oasis, but had ran away because it had been bullied by the "Manipulate Pokémon" Grumpig. Ash and fiends accompany the Spoink back to the oasis in order to help, but they end up getting caught in a trap set up by Team Rocket, who had secretly been behind everything.
One day, as Ash and his friends are walking through the Badlands, they discover an injured Spoink. After they learn it has been bullied by a Grumpig, they set of to help. However, this is just them falling for the plan set up by Team Rocket, who were behind everything, and they all end up captured and put into a cage. However, soon after, Dedenne and the others manage to escape, and as they confront the Grumpig, Goomy suddenly starts changing.

Last edited:
A new summary seems to imply that Goomy will evolve in this episode.

Could someone please translate these summaries? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50;

rNGqzPG.jpg
kacz7v6.jpg
VrmnaKq.jpg
Here are some placeholder summaries.
One day, as Ash and his friends are walking through the Badlands, they discover an injured Spoink. After they learn it has been bullied by a Grumpig, they set of to help. However, this is just them falling for the plan set up by Team Rocket, who were behind everything, and they all end up captured and put into a cage. However, soon after, Dedenne and the others manage to escape, and as they confront the Grumpig, Goomy suddenly starts changing.

So if it does indeed evolve here, then XY065 will be its evolution into Goodra, since the broadcast Pokemon for that episode is a Sliggoo, though I'm a little concerned we don't have the title for that episode yet. Since we know of XY064 for awhile now.

Yes, it's happening.

Translated by Dephender on Serebii forums:

One day, as Ash and his friends are walking through the Badlands, they discover an injured Spoink. After they learn it has been bullied by a Grumpig, they set off to help. However, this is just them falling for the plan set up by Team Rocket, who were behind everything, and they all end up captured and put into a cage. But soon after, Dedenne and the others manage to escape, and as they confront the Grumpig, Goomy suddenly starts changing.

Interesting. Fast evolution Pokemon like Goomy should be held forward like this rather than the passive worked one. And the best news for Hoenn fan is that we could get to see Spoink and Grumpig once again. The Weakest Dragon of all would be tested for it's ability to prove itself to be the best.

Well at least there's something to look forward to in the episode. So going by the data broadcast then XY065 should be a Sliggo development episode I think.
So if it does indeed evolve here, then XY065 will be its evolution into Goodra, since the broadcast Pokemon for that episode is a Sliggoo, though I'm a little concerned we don't have the title for that episode yet. Since we know of XY064 for awhile now.
Well the reason the title hasn't been revealed yet is probably because that Goomy will have already been a Sligoo by then so they don't want to spoil the fact that it is already evolved beforehand.

I would think that we would get XY065's title after XY061 airs as Goomy would already be a Sligoo by then.

On a side note, I have noticed that Kunikho Natsume has been AD for every XY evolution episode so far.

Last edited:
The VA List.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda
Goomy: Chinatsu Akasaki
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Inkay: Kenta Miyake
Spoink: Noriko Shitaya
Grumpig: Kensuke Satō

Summaries.

Dedenne and Goomy confront a Grumpig that has taken over an oasis by force! Dedenne's willingness to continuously stand up against the Grumpig despite its small body really touches Goomy. And then Goomy starts to...?

As Ash and his friends continue their journey, they help an injured Spoink. It turns out that the Spoink had been living in peace at a nearby oasis, but one day a Grumpig suddenly appeared and took over the entire place. Ash and the others set off to help the Spoink, but they just end up falling into a trap devised by Team Rocket, who were behind everything, and get themselves captured. Dedenne and Goomy alone manage to escape from the cage they got put it, but the Grumpig suddenly stands in their way!

Evolutions seemed to be tied to Natsume Kunihiko episodes because of the Studio Cockpit and Iwane Masa'aki connection. Iwane does the key animation for nearly all of the BANK animation (stock attack animation, basically). Natsume and Iwane are both old colleagues, so it makes sense to schedule Natsume for the evolutions.

Well the reason the title hasn't been revealed yet is probably because that Goomy will have already been a Sligoo by then so they don't want to spoil the fact that it is already evolved beforehand.

I would think that we would get XY065's title after XY061 airs as Goomy would already be a Sligoo by then.

They don't really care about spoilers, so unless the title says "Ash's Sliggo is now a Goodra!?" I think it would have been fine because even if the title were to imply Sliggoo evolving into Goodra or even hint at Sliggoo's importance, I doubt it can immediately be argued that it's Ash's Sliggoo is evolving into Goodra. If Goodra is in the title, then prior to the summary of this (XY061) episode, we could assume that a Goodra just shows up for the heck of it and then Goomy would evolve.

But its only because we believe Goomy will evolve in THIS episode, then if we see Goodra in the title and it all but confirms Sliggoo evolving, but even then the Japanese don't care too much about spoilers, especially since they spoiled Goomy's evolution in the opening (even all in one sitting as well, as opposed to breaking it up), trying to hide the title would be completely redundant, too little too late to hide the evolution at this point.

Now I did read that we know of XY064's title through a magazine so I can understand a little of WHY XY065 title was not revealed since the official site doesn't mention the Fennekin and Delphox episode. So I can understand why we don't know XY065 as of yet, but maybe tomorrow after the preview for XY061 we will get something.

Edit: By the way, while I don't expect to see an evolution glow in the preview that will happen in about 6 or so hours, I do expect to see Goomy using attacks other than bide and rain dance in the preview.

Preview
- Ash comes across a hurt Spoink.
- A Grumpig controls a big group of Spoink.
- Team Rocket all look sinister.
- Goomy starts to evolve.

[video=youtube;4gDfnBWC98s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDfnBWC98s[/video]

Damn, that Grumpig is such a jerk. I can't believe only one of it survive the hypnosis (again, another hypnotized Pokemon). But on the other note, dat jab from Goomy is going to be total badass.

I guess this will be the episode where Goomy/Sliggoo learns Dragon Pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom