• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY126: Mega Jukain VS Raichu! I Received Some Experience Points!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks this title sounds hilarious?

"I received some experience points" Lol, wut. Though I suppose it's nice that they're acknowledging EXP again.

"I received some experience points" Lol, wut. At least they're acknowledging EXP again.
I believe this is what Sawyer usually says, he mentions getting EXP after a battle with someone because for him it's valuable experience.

The fact that they're focusing more on the rivals worries me. Skipped/rushed rounds for Ash?
Wouldn't be the first time. Remember Cameron vs Bianca?

I'm beginning to get the feeling that they haven't learned a thing from that god awful Unova League...

While I don't mind Sawyer, I don't like how they're planning on having him knock out Tierno in the league if the Raichu is really his. Tierno has been with the show longer and honestly was being shown as a decently strong trainer before he took a backseat, so I don't really get why he couldn't have had a good final battle with Ash at the league a la Stephan rather then being thrown to the side like Bianca for the new rival (though at least said rival isn't an idiot).

Better grab those crystals, cause there's gonna be a lot of Mega Evolution energy at the sesh.

I'm pretty sure every battle is gonna have a Mega honestly.

The fact that we have Astrid and Remo--two characters from the Mega Evolution specials--are in the league as well doesn't help matter either.

Wouldn't be the first time. Remember Cameron vs Bianca?

I'm beginning to get the feeling that they haven't learned a thing from that god awful Unova League...
It's funny that you blame Best Wishes when DP itself had an episode dedicated to Paul vs Barry.

But sure, blame BW because it is the reason why everything is always wrong! :)

I don't see the problem with giving other characters mattches. Hoenn was my favorite league because I liked the Morrison, Ash, and Tyson Dynamic. It managed to get fit multiple matches to both of his rivals while not skipping any of Ash's matches AND keep in mind it had the torch episode. As long as both these episodes have more than one or two 1v1 battles we're golden at least for these first couple episodes. Hope we get the special battle fields as well :)

Also as someone who wasn't a fan of the gen 6 rivals in the games it's gonna be fun to see them get rekt. Yeah I know just because they have the same name and design doesn't mean my feelings should carry over but you can't blame me too much loose adaption is still adaption.

Last edited:
I feel like the I'm the only who liked the Paul vs Barry battle

You're not, I liked it too. In fact I love when the writers put the main characters' rivals against each other. One of my favorite battles of all time is Zoey v Nando in the Sinnoh Grand Festival in Coming Full-Festival Circle!.

Imagine if Ash had to battle Tierno, Trevor, Alain, Sawyer, Remo, and Astrid. It's just too much. Some of these Trainers have to face one another, not just Ash. What ruined the Vertress Conference wasn't the battle between Cameron and Bianca, shit had already hit the fan long before it.

Now talking about this particular episode, I honestly don't mind seeing Tierno losing to Sawyer. He is not an interesting character to begin with, he hasn't made an appearance since Tag Team Battle Inspiration!, and he and Ash have nothing to settle or anything that would make a battle between the two remotely entertaining for me.

The only thing that bothers me is that Raichu, a Pokémon I really like and rarely appears in the anime, is going to be destroyed by Sawyer's Mega Sceptile and its Lightning Rod Ability. Other than that, Tierno can exit the League stadium and go have ice cream just like Bianca did in the Best Wishes series.
su1.gif

Now talking about this particular episode, I honestly don't mind seeing Tierno losing to Sawyer. He is not an interesting character to begin with, he hasn't made an appearance since Tag Team Battle Inspiration!, and he and Ash have nothing to settle or anything that would make a battle between the two remotely entertaining for me.

For similar reasons, I wouldn't mind if Trevor lost to Alain (except it's been even longer since we last saw him).

I'm somewhat intrigued by the summary mentioning Ash needs a sixth Pokémon. It implies he won't use teams consisting of his previous Pokémon but rather his 5 current Pokémon + a sixth one. This could be Goodra, but I somewhat doubt that as they visit Goodra shortly before the League. It could also be one of his previous Pokémon who gets a time to shine. Hopefully one that hasn't been utilized much.

I'm somewhat intrigued by the summary mentioning Ash needs a sixth Pokémon. It implies he won't use teams consisting of his previous Pokémon but rather his 5 current Pokémon + a sixth one. This could be Goodra, but I somewhat doubt that as they visit Goodra shortly before the League. It could also be one of his previous Pokémon who gets a time to shine. Hopefully one that hasn't been utilized much.

I can't see the league rules in Kalos not allowing team changes. It could be just a detail to explain Ash's Oak pokemon to newer audiences. I could easily see that exchange going something like this

Clemont: Hey Ash you only have five Pokemon and the pokemon league has full six on six battles. If you don't catch another one you're going to be at huge disadvantage do you want to borrow one of mine? I'll have to make sure it's against the rules!

Ash: Hold on Clemont that won't be necessary!

Clemont: I thought we would a situation precisely like this one which is why I invented the speed-reado-matic 5000

Ash: Yeah science is amazing but Clemont-

Clemont: Alright speed reading 10% complete but we better crank up the speed so we can prepare better

*device explodes*

Ash: Actually Clemonts I travel to multiple regions and got tons of pokemon in them

Then Ash remineses about his old partners while Clemont looks dejected.

But if we're assuming Ash doesn't want to change his party Glalie would be a great choice.

For similar reasons, I wouldn't mind if Trevor lost to Alain (except it's been even longer since we last saw him).

I think Trevor having MCY is hilarious. I ain't even mad.

I can't see the league rules in Kalos not allowing team changes. It could be just a detail to explain Ash's Oak pokemon to newer audiences. I could easily see that exchange going something like this

Clemont: Hey Ash you only have five Pokemon and the pokemon league has full six on six battles. If you don't catch another one you're going to be at huge disadvantage do you want to borrow one of mine? I'll have to make sure it's against the rules!

Ash: Hold on Clemont that won't be necessary!

Clemont: I thought we would a situation precisely like this one which is why I invented the speed-reado-matic 5000

Ash: Yeah science is amazing but Clemont-

Clemont: Alright speed reading 10% complete but we better crank up the speed so we can prepare better

*device explodes*

Ash: Actually Clemonts I travel to multiple regions and got tons of pokemon in them

Then Ash remineses about his old partners while Clemont looks dejected.

But if we're assuming Ash doesn't want to change his party Glalie would be a great choice.
Oh I wasn't implying the League wont allow team changes, but I suspect Ash will use his Kalos team during the whole league with the addition of a sixth (hopefully Oaked) Pokémon

@Neo Blaze Yeah that's why put the antecedent in the last sentence but I should have indicated better that I knew your suspension was most likely your suspension. But yeah I hope at least one old shafted pokemon gets the spotlight hell to be honest I would actually be in favor of Pidgeot returning with no explanation but if that's out of the question Kingler got screwed out of the Johto league after carrying Ash in Kanto so I can't help but feel bad for him after not even being considered for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom