• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny encounter was in my first run of Silver, it was a geodude,, unfortunately I didn't catch it, but later on I encountered a shiny zubat, and caught that.
In that same run, later on, exploring The Lake of Rage and dealing with the Red Gyrados, I encountered the Pink Butterfree in the grass, I nearly lost my shit, it was my most prized possession.

Currently, In my Heartgold version, I have a shiny ditto i encountered outside Fuschia, sitting in the daycare, breeding things for me.

UPDATE!: lol, i was just spreading pokerus around my pokemon in my Pearl version, when randomly a beautiful shiny Ponyta came at me right above solaceon town. I nearly screamed like a little girl, as soon as i saw the awesome blue flames i was enveloped in euphoria :D

Last edited:
I was about ten when I got a shiny Zigzagoon in Emerald. Transferred it over to my Pearl game... unfortunately I erased the save file. Second one was a shiny Darumaka in Black... traded it away.

First shiny ever was Geodude in Sapphire a long time ago when I still had that game. Didn't even know about shinies back then- I captured that Geodude because it was glowing, didn't now what was wrong with it :p

I sold that game later and I thought I stop playing pokemon altogether. But when I bought Platinum I returned to pokes. First shiny in that was random Kricketune when I was looking for Pikachu with a light ball :D

My first and currently only shiny is a Roselia that I foun on the Trophy Garden in Pokémon Platinum. I was... well... using the DS in the toilet when it happened.

My first shiny was a Kakuna I found at National Park in Pokemon Gold.
My second one was a Gligar, also in Pokemon Gold.

But my most prized Shiny (and the last I've encountered up to date) is a Registeel from Pokemon Ruby, although I didn't realize it was shiny at first until my sister pointed it out. xD

My first shiny was a Chingling in Mount Coronet in Platinum. I remember how much I screamed when I caught him because I've never caught a shiny before yet I've had Pokerus two or three times.

My first shiny Pokemon was a Roselia I found in my Sapphire version when I was about nine I think. On route 117 there's a patch of grass only accessible with cut, well any way I used cut on the tree, and for some weird reason I felt compelled to go back and forth through that grass literally all day. Right before I had to go to bed I ran into a shiny Roselia and, not knowing shinnies existed at the time, I at first thought that my eyes where playing a trick on me because it was late and I was tired, but I decided to catch it any way. So I caught it, saved, turned my GBA SP off, and went to bed. Well the next morning I turned on my GBA SP, I went to the Maurville City Pokemon center, and checked my PC; and sure enough it was a shiny Roselia.

Mine was a shiny pikachu that I found in the safari zone on pokemon ruby which was the best thing ever for me even though he is just one shade darker. I think im just glad it didn't run away.

My first Shiny other than the Lake of Rage Gyarados was a non-event Shiny Suicune after 262 Soft Resets on Soul Silver.

The only shiny that I've ever encounter was at the Virbank Complex on my second playthrough of Black 2.

It was a shiny Magby, and in my freaking out about how awesome it was, I accidentally had my Oshawott use Water Gun on it rather than tackle like I had intended. The Magby fainted and I never got to catch it. :(

Oh well, I'll probably encounter some random shiny Elekid in my White game.

My first shiny was a shiny Floatzel in Pearl. I was trying to chain using the pokeradar. I forget what I was chaining for. It was not in a shiny patch and my chain had broke on the same encounter that I encountered it on. At first I was annoyed that my chain had broke. But then I saw it was shiny and no longer cared that the chain broke. I saved the game about 10 times after catching it.

My first shiny was Gyarados from the Lake of Rage. Also, I have a shiny Japanese Magikarp that I got at level 1 on the GTS for a level 100 Celebi (the Celebi was hacked). I doubt the Magikarp was legit so I guess it was fair.

My first was a Geodude in the Magma base in Emerald. I wasn't paying much attention so missed the sparkly intro thing, saw it was geodude, then noticed the color. I had no idea what was happening, but caught it anyway.
I lost it when the internal clock broke and corrupted the save (mine broke within a year... extreme bad luck). Now I have only Gyarados, and the pika coloured pichu/shiny legendary dogs from events.

First of all [Off-topic]: How I miss you Bulbagarden Forums! The guys here are nicer than the AFF chics! T^T

My first shiny was a Poochyena, but since I didn't knew shiny pokémon were THAT rare I ended killing it (though I wanted to catch it). Now the only shiny pokémon I really caught was a shiny ponyta and it was recent. I just threw a quick ball and it was caught, I named it Baekhyun - it is male-.

It was in Pokémon SoulSilver.

Excluding the Red Gyarados, my first (and only) shiny was as Rattata on route 2 in LeafGreen. My Bulbasaur decided to crit the poor sod, and a piece of me forever died that day.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom