• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Yu-Gi-Oh! Go Rush Mafia - Endgame, Town + Informant Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't Ex be a non-killing Mafia?
Unlikely unless his role is the exact opposite of mine.
Can it really be this easy? Has KoD just given up, and Mido makes a desperate attempt?
We will see after a flip. Currently pretty sure KoD and Mido are likely scum. Toss up between Eri and Quasar.

No just a godfather.

I am assuming the actual Mafia are aliens, so it is probably some alien who can look as a human and does bypass my inspection and convince me.

DawningWinds said "appears to be" so that might be why.
wait do you check if they can kill or if their flavor is alien?

I think humans role makes sense considering Potato was able to hand out vigilante shot

depending on the stuff abgail can give out it might also trigger some false results

what about jamie? you said you had information about them
As I have said in the post, my role inspects people who have a killing power - including the Mafia.

Jamie softed Vigilante to me Day 1 by Bulba Hi!'ing all the three posts where I mention the Vigilante when I was discussing the Serial Killer.

This already gives him a lot of credence to his claim for softing it so early, and with my role, it makes sense that Dawning would consider all the killing powers balanced if it made it harder to find Mafia with my role and potentially end up mislynching a player.

It's the puzzle of the game.

I also believe Jamie is Yuga, and ergo, Town.

literally the entire world figured out your thing, you were not discreet about it
To be frank I wanted to confirm with him.

I was actually thinking of revealing my result earlier but I wanted to hear a reply from Eri! first, and then I saw Mela saying Eri! might be lurking and then I saw the votes on you and I said screw it.

All Mafia have the ability to kill by nature.

If there is a non-killing Mafia in the team this role is just terrible and designed to screw Town over.
some more oldschool variants assign certain priority to mafia members, meaning whoever can perform the kill is fix (ie godfather can only kill if it's the last one remaining)

but I agree it's highly unlikely that's the case here and that all mafia are probably able to kill

This is a gambit to reveal protection. Don't fall for it.
.........You do realize that with all the claiming and softclaiming that you guys have done, that in your world where I'm mafia I have already figured out who is doc. Which clearly isn't even what I'm saying. But that's fine. Town is going to self destruct. They'll lynch their protection and shoot each other.

.........You do realize that with all the claiming and softclaiming that you guys have done, that in your world where I'm mafia I have already figured out who is doc. Which clearly isn't even what I'm saying. But that's fine. Town is going to self destruct. They'll lynch their protection and shoot each other.
did someone soft doctor?

Both Mela and Andor occupy a dominant personality space in this game from what I've been seeing of interactions. Of the two, Andor is more "confident" in his approach though he doesn't exhibit the hallmark of a town player going ham on their own stances. Mela occupies a less confident space comparatively (given the back and forth of voting on either my wagon or Piko's wagon for varied reasons). Both, notably, were on different wagons near the end (Mela having switched from Piko to me only to switch back to me because tie wagons like Cin Min wanted).

Jamie had a lot of back and forth with Mela over what he's softed, and Mela has paranoia over it (more back and forth there on Mela's part similar to above but more so). Abi, too, has interacted more negatively with Jamie over his claim of being the Tinkerer (JoAT) and while Abi has a particular viewpoint regarding amount of certain roles, Mela occupies the opposite belief. This is noteworthy to me because it illustrates that Mela is more on board with Jamie's softing (as indicated by Mela). Given how much Mela may be indecisive, I could see Mela not sticking to a particular PoV until near the end of day which kind of does seem townie in nature (I'd contrast that with how Andor is seemingly). The interactions around Jamie come off weird, but only because of others (just looking at the entire thing I'm ambivalent given the difference in what people think is likely). It's not lost on me though when Abi made it a point about giving a gun to Jamie and asking who they'd shoot only to answer Abi so I get the sentiment there (on Abi's end).

Overall, while the whole claim/role stuff didn't have a huge impact on my impression, what did paint my impression of various people was the interactions. As I indicated above with Mela, I get a townie sense due to the waffling here and there (it doesn't come off as playing stupid purposefully). And given that both Mela and Andor both come off as dominant to me (Abi is a contender by virtue of volume of posts which says nothing about the content -- though I have no problem with what I've read from her), the split in the wagons for D1 does make it seem to me that one could be part of the mafia team. To that end, I'd lean Andor since his approach is more confident than what I'm seeing from Mela, and it's not an overly aggressive type of power wolf that I'm seeing.

Ex's posts are chill. That I do agree with. He's not coming off as cagey -- like he's hiding anything. Even currently I don't see him hard pushing a lynch to get a benefit due to being granted it by Potato which, when coupled with my inactivity, would be a great excuse to push through. My impression of Ex here is that he's more likely to be town than not given this.

I haven't really seen much from Quas (not because he hasn't contributed, but because post-wise he likely doesn't have as much posts that I can encounter compared to everyone else which makes it difficult). At best, with what others talk about, all I know is that he's not OMGUS with being weary of Ex town reading him as was brought up.

In a similar vein would be Cin Min. I only caught some posts (tying wagons, not going to be around for EoD or the such). Activity is par for the course. I don't have an impression at the moment just like the above.

Mint is weird for voting me yet defending my slot/me (inactives going to be inactive, yo). Aside from that, I've seen a lot of interaction with both Andor and Mela.

That's what's on my mind from skimming through posts to catch up forward.

The above would translate into something like:

Town

Ex/Mela
Mint
Jamie
Cin Min
Quas(Eri/Argone)

Andor

Scum

I think the only people I'm missing is Eri and Argone though I, currently, know noting about them/have no impression of them (lack of encountering posts or, at least, anything that stuck out if I did skim over a post of theirs). I'd put them on par with Quas.

Vote: Andor

D1 EoD VC

Final Votals:
Pikochu (5) - Princess Abigail, JamieIsBored, Eri!, Minish, Mela
KingofDominaria (5) - Andoryu Teito, Mint Elv, ExLight, Quasar_Catfish, Potato-6
No Lynch (1) - RavenRaziel98

I'd like to note that, if I'm understanding the timing around discussion of these wagons occurring prior to the reveal of the N1 kill, that scum actively shot into the wagon that didn't contain speculation over a double voter. While I don't know how strong Potato felt about removing an inactive (probably a bit if he gave Ex a benefit to voting me), the removal of a person on my wagon kind of makes it more challenging to secure votes. If the intent is to let me live going forward as a possible liability, then I can see why someone on my wagon was killed vs shooting into the pool for a double voter (course if the double voter is known, then it's probably moot as scum can play around that knowingly).

I mention this because with Andor being on my wagon, the only others would be Mint (one weird thing about her given talks about my slot with Mela/Andor and defending me/my slot), and Ex and Quas both of which have a difference in views of one another with Quas looking at Ex while Ex is ok with Quas. I do think at least one scum is on my wagon, but I also think scum is also on the other wagon for votes to be split as such. Andor actively wanting both Ex and Jamie to keep off of each other because he knows them (or can prove them if I read that correctly) is something I'd like to see as opposed to just a lot of the spam I've had to trudge through with people essentially giving opinions as opposed to anything concrete as a matter of fact. Would take much for a power wolf to push people into certain spots they want people in to try and control votes.

also do you verify if they can kill or if they have a firearm? depending on flavor they might have other ways to kill like a blade
Just that they are dangerous.

They also don't have to be performing the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom