• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP151: Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit! ・ DP152: Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!!

Re: DP 151 - 152 "Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit!" & "Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!" Rev

You know, I've been wondering about something... granted I've missed out on huge chunks of the previous series and whatnot, but how many other times has the anime actually killed off a character (like, don't count Ash's petrification or anything)? Like, to the point where it's very hard to deny and not vague at all (that whole scene reminded me of that one part in the Titanic movie when all the water burst in from the windows and whatnot)?

... Like, I have a feeling some movie villains might have totally died and I'm just forgetting about them, and I forgot the fates of Maxie and Archie because that arc in AG was shitty (and certainly couldn't have been Special-level epic), but damn. They would have to really pull something out of their ass to later say J survived.

I wonder if there's like a 50/50 chance that Cyrus just exploded/asphyxiated after jumping into his new world because he basically jumped into what looked like outer space. Unless anime physics saved his ass.

Don't mind me. I'm just musing out loud.

Re: DP 151 - 152 "Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit!" & "Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!" Rev

They didn't seem to. Mars was grieving, but other than that they just seemed disappointed.

Me thinks Mars hads a crush on Cyrus...awwwwwe....lol. Actually, that would definately relate to her behavior in Platinum after you defeat them at Stark Mountain, where she says she wanted to go into the Distortion World and look for Cyrus. Very interesting indeed...

Unless anime physics saved his ass.

:lol: That's probably what happened. But then again, J has supposedly died, so they might have had him die too...tis hard to tell. But yeah, I was thinking the same thing....like, how in hell is he gonna survive without food and water? Unless there's some that Dialga and Palkia eat (don't know if they actually eat anything though).

I'm going to guess, given the nature of this series, that being in deep space won't even affect him. And lack of food? Newton Graceland survived five years in the Torn World without anything.

However, given that Cyrus entered the new universe with no powers, he's still going to *age*. As I've said before, even if he lives a hundred more years, that's still a speck of dust to the universe. And he has no control over anything. He'll be drifting forever, only ever able to observe.

And something tells me, at that point, that was enough for him. He seemed to go in there happy that he had created this. Maybe it really would be a paradise, and it's for the best that he didn't rule it because we all know what his idea of paradise is. But it would be quite poetic if it was a paradise for everything that would come to live there, rather than his tight unquestioning control.

... Like, I have a feeling some movie villains might have totally died and I'm just forgetting about them, and I forgot the fates of Maxie and Archie because that arc in AG was shitty (and certainly couldn't have been Special-level epic), but damn. They would have to really pull something out of their ass to later say J survived.

Latios and Lucario died in the movies, but all the movie villains each changed their ways or were arrested.

As for Archie/Maxie, we were simply led to believe they learned the errors of their ways and simply disbanded their organizations. They weren't arrested or anything.

So assuming J doesn't return, this is the first major death in Pokemon aside from the scientists Mewtwo killed.

So assuming J doesn't return, this is the first major death in Pokemon aside from the scientists Mewtwo killed.

If you're counting movies, Aaron died. Marcus and Damos died too until the timeline changed. I still personally also believe the people Fake Groudon ate in Movie 6 died and were brought back by Jirachi, but this isn't the place...

Doesn't change the fact that this doesn't happen often.

Wait....so you guys are saying that Cyrus DID create a new universe? Or the place that he went into was the dimension that Dialga and Palkia came from? I'm confused...

It seemed to be a new one. There were galaxies swirling in it.

We thought it would be the Dialga/Palkia/Unown dimension due to the scans of that spoiler comic.

Me thinks Mars hads a crush on Cyrus...awwwwwe....lol. Actually, that would definately relate to her behavior in Platinum after you defeat them at Stark Mountain, where she says she wanted to go into the Distortion World and look for Cyrus. Very interesting indeed...

Well can you blame her? He has such dreamy eyes.:p

*notices he zoned out a bit too long*

...I don't know how I feel about J's ''death.'' If she is really dead, I wish they confirm it. If she isn't, I wonder when we'll see her again?

Well can you blame her? He has such dreamy eyes.:p

Personally, I prefer... *points at my avatar*

Since Cyrus created a new universe, I wonder if he had created a planet for him to live on...providing if he's smart as I think he is, if I were him I would though.

Now that I think of it, what was it that shot down J's ship? We saw something strike it from the air...was it the psychic trio after they had been turned to stone?

Now that I think of it, what was it that shot down J's ship? We saw something strike it from the air...was it the psychic trio after they had been turned to stone?

Future Sight makes a lot of sense. Uxie and Mesprit fired a beam into the sky and nothing happened. J then continued to turn them into stone. Then as J makes her getaway the bolts of lightning fire down exactly on her ship.

Future Sight does make sense for that attack.

On another note, maybe I only realized this because I caught the Arceus movie today, but did anybody else think that the way Brock talked to Dialga and Palkia through Uxie was eerily similar to the way in which Sheena and Damos spoke to Arceus? In both cases it showed a red background to signify their rage, and then turned blue as they were spoken to, showing them calming down. I thought it was kind of a neat link.

Nice episode. I hope I can make an episode guide two days later.
I don't have time to go through all the threads, but some points below:

- Hunter J's ship is shot down by Future Sight.
- J's fate is unknown, but her glasses can be seen sunk with the battleship.
- The Lake Trio teleported Ash and friends to Team Galactic HQ, but it's not sure if the move was really Teleport.
- Cyrus commanded the Lake Trio to coincide the Time and Space Worlds.
- Croagunk OHKOed Toxicroak with Brick Break despite being not very effective.
- Attacks from the Lake Trio are not mentioned except Future Sight and the obvious Safeguard.
- Cyrus created a new world, and went into it himself. During the conversation, Mars and Saturn said, this is "our world", and wanted to go with Cyrus, but Cyrus replied, this is "my world".
- Cyrus knows, and calls, the signature moves of Dialga (Roar of Time) and Palkia (Spacial Rend).
- Garchomp used Draco Meteor to break the Red Chain.

Feel free to ask questions if you have, and hopefully I have some free time to prepare for the episode guide.

Yeah, was it addressed what happened with the new universe? People are saying that it was destroyed, but I only saw that the portal TO it was dissolved, and I don't remember anything about an impact to the creation itself. It seemed to be more a banishment than a destruction.

Replies to questions and comments:

"Until we see proof otherwise, I'm gonna say J and her crew died." <Musashi>
"The floating visor is probably emphisizing that she's dead." <Juicy>
<= I didn't expect this, but it seems so. In the past the villains were not dead. Giovanni didn't, Dr. Namba didn't, Archie and Maxie didn't. But if we don't see this guy for 20 more episodes we may assume so.

"Things were rushed a bit." <Musashi>
<= I agree. Should have more battles between Dialga and Palkia, like Groudon and Kyogre did.

"I really loved how Akagi [Cyrus] got his own world just like he wanted." <Musashi>
Yeah, was it addressed what happened with the new universe? <Palazzo>
<= Cyrus created the new universe, but since the red chain was broken, the two legendaries stopped the creating process. It was not addressed what happened next, but when Cyrus was going inside, he said with excitement, "This is my new world!". So I'm pretty sure he was not sucked inside or damaged by the legendaries. And remember, Mars wanted to go inside too, but Saturn stopped her, probably because of Cyrus' previous comment on "This is MY world" revealing that he was selfish. When the Team Galactic members were caught, Jupiter asked where Cyrus went, and Mars replied, "he left <to the new world> ALONE."

"There's so much more that could be said, but to sum it up, Pokemon doesn't get any better than this." <Musashi>
<= They have improved. And judging from the series of new information (Gible, Leafeon, Ice Punch, Giga Impact, etc.), it seems they're going to add a twist into the series. At least it deserves watching.

So the new universe (and likewise Cyrus although he has no power to expand it) still exist then? I must know for fanfic potential.

Also, the floating visor may mirror the discarded crown from the 12th movie. I notice people were surprised to see Gishin alive after that.

Omg. How much epicness can 2 episodes get?!

J's death took me COMPLETELY by surprise. It was only as the ship was sinking and started exploding again and her glasses floated around that I even considered that this was a final death (and I was still waiting in DP 152 for her/her crew to be washed up somewhere). As much as it could be argued that it was a red herring and J will be back at some point, what with the sinking, drowning and EXPLOSION of the ship, I cannot see any feasible way of her having survived. But just woah. First major human death (is it even the first overall major death?) in the anime?

I might love them more than anything, but I really thought that the TRio were unnecessary in these eps, especially DP 151. IIRC the first scene after J's dramatic decease was them in their balloon? I mean wut. Get them doing something useful or get them away! (Admittedly I did like the whole GingaHenshin! thing xD)

Mars <3 That little scream-y thing she did as Akagi pissed off (into death or a new world or some shit)? That was too amazing! I so ship her with him in a one-sided way!

I have more to say, but I'll have to rewatch the eps to remember it all ;-)

I always thought they would have to kill J off. Considering she also has no real purpose in the show anymore besides being the villain of the week, I guess they wanted her to go out with a bang (no pun intended). Even leaving us with the impression she and her crew are dead is shocking for Pokemon.

Another shock was Cyrus. So he actually got his new world.

Overall, this was a much better conclusion than Magma/Aqua.

She could still be alive, I mean look at all the times Team Rocket has been blasted away.

But if they brought her back, they'd have to do another conclusion to her. I'd rather her end like this rather than see her arrested or never get any closure.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom